Welcome, Dragonball Fans!

Because Dragon Ball isn't suppose to be like what it is looking like it is going to turn into. It's a silly fantasy kids comic in which turtles talk and dogs rule the planet.

Yūgi's BM;13943274 said:
Because Dragon Ball isn't suppose to be like what it is looking like it is going to turn into. It's a silly fantasy kids comic in which turtles talk and dogs rule the planet.
Yeah... I could live without talking dogs.

Lol. This movie could be directed by Michael Bay, so lets count our blessings it isn't.

There are Dragon Ball fans here? I agree with Yūgi's BM. I think a movie adaptation would be best as a children's movie like Chronicles of Narnia.

The sad thing is there are very few actual Dragon Ball fans here from my experience in threads. Too many people identify with Cartoon Network Dragonball Z. Everyone who cares about the movie should watch Dragon Ball Uncut with subtitles. In one thread, so many people were saying Dragon Ball is set in an Asian world. Seriously, watch all of Dragon Ball before saying something as if you had any credibility.

Wong is a decent choice because of his Sci-fi background. The movie seems like a mix of late Dragon Ball that really begins the spirit of DBZ and original interpretation. I just hope we get a good adventure movie and a sense of the Dragon Ball world.

I'm not a hardcore fan (like I don't cut myself when FUNimation releases a crap release), but I am a fan.

And yes I happen to love the Sci-Fi element of Dragonball, so in that regard James Wong is a decent choice. IF they make it more sci-fi than martial arts etc... and I would be fine with that.

I DON'T want it to be COMPLETELY faithful to the manga. I'm fine with Krillin being excluded, since honestly... a midget martial artist that shoots laser beams... yeah... well okay. If some people think that would work, they must love Garfield and stuff like that.

No talking animals is fine, so is changing Piccolo's appearence (though he will be green and bald, which is all that matters).

Mexico? I'll have to see if it looks too mexico-ish in theatres... James Wong? "The One" was awful, but I hear "The X-Files" and the sci-fi things he worked on were quite good. Stephen Chow? perfect choice but should have been director.

Justin Chatwin: meh. James Marsters: cool. Chow Yun-Fat: awesome. Everyone else: decent except jamie chung.

Anyway welcome to teh board.

Good lord, their actually going through with this!!? I shudder to even think about how many different ways FOX s going to piss off the fans of DBZ. This place is going to be a hell house when the details start coming in.

I always imagined a live-action DBZ would be along the lines of Kung Fu Hustle.

I always imagined a live-action DBZ would be along the lines of Kung Fu Hustle.
Uh... you realize the creator of Kung Fu Hustle is producing this, right?

And we have plenty of details and so far they have been great, imo. Also, this is Dragonball NOT Dragonball Z. Big difference.

I cant wait till we get some good stuff coming in from DB

And we have plenty of details and so far they have been great, imo. Also, this is Dragonball NOT Dragonball Z. Big difference.

That's a good first step. I suppose the adventure angle of Dragonball will make it easier to translate to film as opposed tothe stylized, kinetic nature of DBZ....

Still, with Hollywood's track record for fantasy film adaptations........ugh.

How active of a role is Stephen Chow taking in this movie?

Question for people who have been keeping up on this movie so far; how much actual fighting will be in this movie? Is it playing a major part or will the fighting and martial arts just be a side story?

How active of a role is Stephen Chow taking in this movie?

Question for people who have been keeping up on this movie so far; how much actual fighting will be in this movie? Is it playing a major part or will the fighting and martial arts just be a side story?
Stephen Chow is producing. He will be more involved in post production than filming (which is what they are doing now.)

Fighting will be a huge part of the film, and will account for a huge portion of the movie.

"The movie has incredible action scenes with characters with unbelieveable powers. It's going to be really visually exciting."

-James Marsters, Piccolo

(Watch "The One" and "Kung Fu Hustle" and combine the two. Fighting style will be like that.)

Stephen Chow is producing. He will be more involved in post production than filming (which is what they are doing now.)

Fighting will be a huge part of the film, and will account for a huge portion of the movie.

"The movie has incredible action scenes with characters with unbelieveable powers. It's going to be really visually exciting."

-James Marsters, Piccolo

(Watch "The One" and "Kung Fu Hustle" and combine the two. Fighting style will be like that.)

I'm just curious how they'll have fighting scenes like the ones you've described with actors with little to zero fighting experience. If fighting is just an element of the film...then I can see it working. James Marsters referring to the action scenes might not necessarily point toward actual hand to hand fighting...but effects heavy battles (fireballs, flying battles...etc).

Training (Justin Chatwin had around 3 months), stunt doubles, CGI, whatever.

Keanu Reeves isn't a martial artist and we believed he could fight in "The Matrix."

Training (Justin Chatwin had around 3 months), stunt doubles, CGI, whatever.

Keanu Reeves isn't a martial artist and we believed he could fight in "The Matrix."

Keanu had the Wachowski bros directing and Yuen Wo Ping. Win win situation. Who's doing the fight choreography for this movie?

Keanu had the Wachowski bros directing and Yuen Wo Ping. Win win situation. Who's doing the fight choreography for this movie?
Stunt company is 87 Eleven, the guys who did "The Matrix."

I don't know who's choreographing, but it's someone from "The Matrix." James Wong is supervising too.

87Eleven is the stunt group working on this film. Thy did Matrix and 300.

This movie is going to suck, I don't wanna whine or anything, I used to really like dragonball when I was younger...but... When the hell did goku go to high school? Justin BADwin is probably the worst actor ever. Yeah he kinda looks like Tom Cruise and sometimes it takes less than that to make a name outta yourself in hollywood but god damnit he sucks. Seriously, just imagining him crying and running toward a bunch highly dangerous aliens (War of the Worlds) with the only good idea of fighting them bare-handed makes me wanna **** myself.

The sad thing is there are very few actual Dragon Ball fans here from my experience in threads. Too many people identify with Cartoon Network Dragonball Z. Everyone who cares about the movie should watch Dragon Ball Uncut with subtitles. In one thread, so many people were saying Dragon Ball is set in an Asian world. Seriously, watch all of Dragon Ball before saying something as if you had any credibility.

This is too true. There are only a few of us who actually have seen the original Dragon Ball in its entirety uncut, and/or actually own them all [like I have]. We know Dragon Ball isn't set in an Asian World, we were just saying many elements are borrowed from it, like LOTR with European elements.

This movie is going to suck, I don't wanna whine or anything, I used to really like dragonball when I was younger...but... When the hell did goku go to high school? Justin BADwin is probably the worst actor ever. Yeah he kinda looks like Tom Cruise and sometimes it takes less than that to make a name outta yourself in hollywood but god damnit he sucks. Seriously, just imagining him crying and running toward a bunch highly dangerous aliens (War of the Worlds) with the only good idea of fighting them bare-handed makes me wanna **** myself.
It's ironic you are bashing him for being an annoying cry baby, yet you are an even bigger one than he is.

makes you think long and hard.....hmmmm?

I've been to that site before. :up:

I'm getting some weird emails... people think I work for Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"