Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBella

Seducente/Mortale
Reaction score
Feedback.jpg

Welcome to YOUR thread! We recognize that each and every one of you plays a significant role in shaping Community Forum. Therefore...

The purpose of this thread is for you to let your voice be heard, to make meaningful suggestions that will improve the quality of the Community Forum. If there are any criticisms, please be constructive. Identify a problem and provide possible solution(s) that we can look into and consider. This thread is not to be used for incessant complaining, bring up long gone bannings, joke suggestions or to flame/bash moderators/admins or fellow Community posters.

So let's put our heads together and turn Community Forum into a fun place to visit, a place we can call our cyber-home, something we can be proud of.

Thank you.

I used to post here a while back and people were waaaaaaaaaaaay too rude and uptight. Now, people are laid back and cool. This place is a lot of fun now.

Last edited:
Feedback.jpg

Welcome to YOUR thread! We recognize that each and every one of you plays a significant role in shaping Community Forum. Therefore...

The purpose of this thread is for you to let your voice be heard, to make meaningful suggestions that will improve the quality of the Community Forum. If there are any criticisms, please be constructive. Identify a problem and provide possible solution(s) that we can look into and consider. This thread is not to be used for incessant complaining, bring up long gone bannings, joke suggestions or to flame/bash moderators/admins or fellow Community posters.

So let's put our heads together and turn Community Forum into a fun place to visit, a place we can call our cyber-home, something we can be proud of.

Thank you.

Beautiful!

I miss Wilhelm :( And today is only my first day back :( :( I miss you too Bella!! :)

put the lounge back in the diner, where the description says "hype lounges". :huh:

put the lounge back in the diner, where the description says "hype lounges". :huh:

Then we have to put ALL the lounge threads in there so not a good ideal

But... but... the Hype Lounge was originated here. The other lounges are... copycats? Anyway, other sections have a lounge, so Community deserves one too, especially since it's the birthplace of the lounge.

Also, both Morg and Bamfer each made a good point.

But... but... the Hype Lounge was originated here. The other lounges are... copycats? Anyway, other sections have a lounge, so Community deserves one too, especially since it's the birthplace of the lounge.

Exactly. It shouldn't be an issue as long as the Lounge is no longer is abused as a means of upping one's post count.

Actually, changing the description of the Diner makes sense. Thanks. :up:

or that.

Then we have to put ALL the lounge threads in there so not a good ideal

morg. :cmad:

valid point. next subject....

I still say we should abolish post counts entirely.

DBella said:

Thank you.
I think the site should have a better system for those who cuss incessantly. For example, a sort of "three strikes, you're out" kind of thing. A first offense would be met with an infraction, the second with a short-term ban, and the third with a permanent ban.

Another idea would be the inclusion of a Community ratings system. Users could vote on how well the site is being controlled in terms of deliberately offensive or extreme material, and the votes could be redone every week or two. Those aspects which keep getting high rates of complaint could then be revised.

Just a couple thoughts...

Alex, quit spamming.

That one is gonna happen, the new system is about as close to devaluing post counts as we can get it.

I think the site should have a better system for those who cuss incessantly. For example, a sort of "three strikes, you're out" kind of thing. A first offense would be met with an infraction, the second with a short-term ban, and the third with a permanent ban.

We have a filter in place, so if they are not cussing at each other in an aggressive manner that is not really seen as a problem.

*already answered.
I believe that's what the censors (filters) are for and those who bypass censors do get a warning/infraction and repeat offenders of censor-bypass are dealt with accordingly.

Another idea would be the inclusion of a Community ratings system. Users could vote on how well the site is being controlled in terms of deliberately offensive or extreme material, and the votes could be redone every week or two. Those aspects which keep getting high rates of complaint could then be revised.

We'll keep that in mind. I am afraid I won't be able to address that since I'm illiterate when it comes to the technical aspect of moderating. Maybe another mod/admin will be able to answer you.

Thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

I suggest that because it seems people's big get up on the lounge is the post count. Take away the post counts, and no one will complain about losing posts or lounges anymore.

Also post count is a stupid way to measure social status, yet people do it.

Um, the boards already censor the "naughty" words, why do we need more censorship?

nice job with the lounge bamfer, no more lame sub titles.

Whats the big ****ing deal so long as the ****ing censors work? Who gives a ****? Damn... :cwink:

Last edited:
We should have a rule forcing Matt to enlarge his avvy :up:

See bold text:

Feedback.jpg

Thank you.

If you're going to contribute to this thread, try to take it seriously.

I for one would like the post count to stay.

1. It shows how much you contributed towards the forums.:lips:

2. When your post count is high then you can see how much of a life you don't have wasted.:ikyn

3. What's a forum without a post count? It's like having a forum with no avatars. :facepalm

I think the forums are fine the way they are, changes blow, keep it old school.

I used to post here a while back and people were waaaaaaaaaaaay too rude and uptight. Now, people are laid back and cool. This place is a lot of fun now.

A while back meaning a year ago? This place has gotten pretty boring compared to how it really used to be IMO.

As other's have said... there are already censors in place.

So more ways to control what is already extremely controlled on the Hype. All of your suggestions sound more like barriers than actual avenues for the user community and the moderation staff to travel mutually. No more barriers.

Great idea for a thread mods. I, for one, appreciate you willing to hear our voices and hope that the ideas in here will not just be a soapbox without action being taken behind the... uh... soapboxing.

As for suggestions, how about a vote thread for any new ideas you as the staff feel could better the Hype. I know you have your round table discussions but how could it really hurt to get the sections of the Hype you are affecting a say in the matter... in the end, you could just do what you want anyway. I don't see how it could hurt to hear the opinions before the backlash.

I for one would like the post count to stay.

1. It shows how much you contributed towards the forums.:lips:

2. When your post count is high then you can see how much of a life you don't have wasted.:ikyn

3. What's a forum without a post count? It's like having a forum with no avatars. :facepalm

I think the forums are fine the way they are, changes blow, keep it old school.

I agree with Lunar.

We will keep our Join Date though? I like to point out that some people don't know what they are talking about. My join date gives me more clout. :D

If you take that, I want my original name back.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"