Welcome to Earth One! - Part 1

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Thread Manager, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I'd rather let anything related to All-Star Batman die.

2. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Based on the wikipedia page for the All-Star books, it wasn't intended to be tied to Miller's All-Star Batman. Which tracks, because the Batman and the Superman books were tied together at all.

3. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

4. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

5. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

Is Geoff Johns still writing the Batman books? He might have a full plate with the film stuff he's been doing.

I'd be fine with another writer...Batman is one of the characters I don't think Johns really gets.

6. geetard

geetard Rebirth

7. _Superman_

_Superman_ Man Of Steel

I'm still waiting for news on Superman: Earth One vol. 4

8. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

So I just realised Green Lantern: Earth One came out a couple of days ago. Anybody pick it up?

9. _Superman_

_Superman_ Man Of Steel

I got.it. it's not.bad. it is different though. It's one of those books where you'll either like it or hate it. Personally to me it's the third best book of the earth one line with Superman being first and Batman second.

10. CLARKY

CLARKY Well-Known Member

I did not read it andI don't intend to. The GL E1 seems... off. I perceive it that way.

11. _Superman_

_Superman_ Man Of Steel

It is off some what. For example when a Lantern dies the ring doesn't choose another person instead if you find the body and ring of that Lantern it's yours. Also Hal Jordan's outfit is nothing more than his spacesuit with the Green Lantern symbol on it and they took away the mask. The one thing I dont like is that they took away the Green Lantern oath. There are some good moments and it is a long fun read. As I said before though it can easily be for a lot of people a hit or a miss. For example I like the movie more than the book but I still do like this book. This book isn't as good as the Superman and Batman Earth One books but I think it was better than Wonder Woman and probably on par with Teen Titans if you liked that. Just a more serious read. You just have to be open to change if you want to read this book.

12. ironman29758

ironman29758 Well-Known Member

I thought they were following the original Gill Kane origin where Hal Jordan comes up with the GL oath instead of it already being in place with him building to those iconic Green Lantern trappings instead of automatically getting it with the ring. I would love to say where they take the mythos from here to be honest.

I do like how they handled some of the characters and introduce familiar trappings in new way. Like
    scientist Kilowog teaching Hal how to use the ring, Arisa being a leader, Hal being a pilot before he became an astronaut miner, etc

13. _Superman_

_Superman_ Man Of Steel

I guess that's way it's going and as I said before I personally liked the book but as far as the Earth One origin books goes I put it like this:

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Green Lantern & Teen Titans
    4. Wonder Woman.

I do hope though the series gets better as time goes on and it is hinted at that this series takes place with Superman & Batman some time down the line.

14. geetard

geetard Rebirth

15. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Even though I wasn't in LOVE with vol.1, I do wish that DC would get someone who is as passionate about the character on her regular title as Morrison is about Earth 1.