DC to "Rebirth" in June - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The art was awesome agreed :up: I also agree I like that it involves the multiverse, allows for a lot of room with creativity.

Yup, i wasnt sure if this event would be something...but so far im liking what i see.

The art was awesome agreed :up: I also agree I like that it involves the multiverse, allows for a lot of room with creativity.

I'm not reading it because I just can't afford to keep up with all the comics, but I keep up with it through spoilers, etc. I'm just concerned the Dark Batmen are going to have the same exact type of origins. I hope there's a little more variety then x bad thing happens and causes that particular Batman to essentially absorb that JL member. Idk what else they could do, but I hope they're more creative. And I'm SUPER interested in how the Batman Who Laughs came from with his cannibal Robin's. That's just too cool a premise.

Ugh, there are articles up about Catwoman responding to Batman's proposal this Wednesday, complete with all the spoiled details which make reading the comic unnecessary. I do not understand why DC would openly spoil their books like that?

I mean...I recently gave up on Batman anyway, so having it spoiled so I dont have to read Tom King's Batman is actually doing me a favor.

I mean...I recently gave up on Batman anyway, so having it spoiled so I dont have to read Tom King's Batman is actually doing me a favor.

Yeah, it makes it unnecessary to read the issue at all...thats a good thing when it comes to Kings run. XD
I expected it to happen since King proved time and time again that he has no real idea about the Batman universe and how the characters are.
So nothing i didnt see coming.
I hold onto the hope that it has a bigger picture...but thats pretty much it.
In a few months or a year at the longest, this will be forgotten...so it doesnt bother me that much.
Had hoped he throws a curveball and actually does something impressive, but i knew after the bane arc that King is not here to throw me off my feet.

I keep a couple of bucks that way and i dont have to see King butcher the Batman universe further...so its not all bad.
It will take a bit time to get used not having the comics any longer, giving them up after so many years of regulary reading them, but its better than throwing money at something i dont enjoy.

Ugh, there are articles up about Catwoman responding to Batman's proposal this Wednesday, complete with all the spoiled details which make reading the comic unnecessary. I do not understand why DC would openly spoil their books like that?
It's marketing. Marvel did the same with the ending of Secret Empire and the returns of Legacy #1.

I didn't check the spoiler, but after quickly reading some reaction over at the DC sub-reddit, I'm not surprised of her answer. Can't wait to pick up my issue this Wednesday. :sly:

But what kind of marketing removes the customer's need to purchase the product?

I have no idea why they would do that, but I saw it earlier myself. And they didn't just spoil her answer, but they also spoiled what Bat's big secret was.

I don't understand why they do that either. It ruined the whole surprise for me.

And Bruce's secret was very anti-climatic.

I'm so sick of "spoiler culture", across all entertainment mediums. It can just be really disheartening at times.

I'm really thankful that I got to read the issue without spoilers. It wasn't a particularly great issue and it didn't particularly make sense in the story, but I'm glad I avoided spoilers nonetheless.

Tom King is legit one of the best writers in comics today. And there are genuinely great ideas in his Batman run. But it is just so jumbled, and pretentious, the great ideas get lost and feel too few and far between. I don't understand why his Batman run is so randomly incompetent, compared to, say, his phenomenal run on Vision, or what is shaping up to be a phenomenal run on Mr. Miracle. But, damn...

The only thing that's sore with me on King's whole run is the treatment of Kite-Man because during this arc, never has there been a moment where Batman realizes how responsible for Kite-Man he really is. Maybe it's something that King will tackle down the line, but The War of Jokes & Riddles makes Batman's treatment of Kite-Man in all previous arcs not funny like intended, but downright cruel and sadistic.

Tom King is legit one of the best writers in comics today. And there are genuinely great ideas in his Batman run. But it is just so jumbled, and pretentious, the great ideas get lost and feel too few and far between. I don't understand why his Batman run is so randomly incompetent, compared to, say, his phenomenal run on Vision, or what is shaping up to be a phenomenal run on Mr. Miracle. But, damn...

Absolutly, that is what really makes me so upset.
King is a awesome writer, he has a nice feel for characters and moments...but his whole Batman run is a mess and has bad character work.

All his Arcs sound awesome at the beginning...but each of them breaks apart very fast.

The only thing that's sore with me on King's whole run is the treatment of Kite-Man because during this arc, never has there been a moment where Batman realizes how responsible for Kite-Man he really is. Maybe it's something that King will tackle down the line, but The War of Jokes & Riddles makes Batman's treatment of Kite-Man in all previous arcs not funny like intended, but downright cruel and sadistic.

The treatment of Kite Man by Batman makes me hate Batman. And that makes me mad at Tom King because it's almost like he's trying to turn me against one of my favorite characters.

DC announced some "legacy" (heh) covers for Superman #34 (#800), Wonder Woman #34 (#700), Batman #35 (#800) and The Flash #39 (#700). Also, the Rebirth banner will be retired in January.

And apparently, orders for Doomsday Clock aren't good... :shrug:

DC announced some "legacy" (heh) covers for Superman #34 (#800), Wonder Woman #34 (#700), Batman #35 (#800) and The Flash #39 (#700). Also, the Rebirth banner will be retired in January.

And apparently, orders for Doomsday Clock aren't good... :shrug:

I'm surprised they kept the banner going this long.

And I don't believe that Doomsday Clock orders are struggling.

I'm surprised they kept the banner going this long.
At least, it's not five years in like New 52. :funny:

Here's the new dress code for the issues (from Bleeding Cool):
4gGEPaD.jpg

qQ4tCEA.jpg

Also, Jim Lee confirms that Vertigo will relaunch with big-name creators in August 2018. And Tom Strong will join the DCU in The Terrifics.

X6dyn5Q.jpg

Last edited:
I kind of thought the Rebirth label would be retired when Doomsday Clock wrapped, but I didn't think they'd do away with it only a few issues into it's run. Odd.

Cool about the potential renumberings, though.

Also, Action Comics 1000 plans

DOOMSDAY CLOCK Preview

From the livestream of Johns' panel at NYCC, I'm surprised that neither Lev Grossman nor any of the audience asking questions broached the subject of [blackout]whether or not that is Walter Kovacs in Rorschach's costume[/blackout].

Reading the preview in full, after just looking at the art, I'm leaning sharply toward [blackout]Veidt wearing Rorschach's face[/blackout].

After the big reveals throughout Rebirth thus far, I'm prepared to be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.

Definitely disappointed to hear they didn't talk about Superman much (at all?), and I really liked our speculation that Lex was the one in the X-Ray, AND I was disappointed to see so much of the post-Watchmen world being detailed.

However--

I just read the preview pages, and I think both art and writing are of a really high quality. A little too obvious with its inspiration (Trump, NK and Russia etc. Even the news anchor shouting "Rise up!" being named Howard (Network) etc)... But I really enjoyed it none-the-less.

Cautiously hyped.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, a certain character appearing at the end was... We'll see. One line of dialogue makes me think it could be a fake out.

Last edited:
In the same way that I would've been shocked if Mr. Oz had turned out to be Ozymandias, I'll be shocked if [blackout]Rorschach[/blackout] turns out to be [blackout]Kovacs-Rorschach[/blackout].

Yeah, I don't think it's him under that mask.

It was the
"I'm hungry"
line that made me think "Wait a sec.."

It's a been a very long time since I've read the original story (will be corrected before this one comes out), but this character usually avoids the bolded, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"