The Flash Wentworth Miller IS Captain Cold!

miller-captain-cold.jpg

miller-captain-cold2.jpg

A bit more blue would've been... [BLACKOUT]cool[/BLACKOUT].

I couldn't be happier with what they're doing with this series. The CW in general is just blowing my mind. They can do whatever they want. I REALLY hope they get Supergirl and not CBS. By the way, I know this will sound ridiculous, but I've preferred what The CW has done with Arrow and Flash more than ANYTHING else in the live action comic book genre, movies or otherwise. The only (I mean ONLY) exception would be Nolan's Trilogy.

I always thought Miller would have been a fantastic choice for Luthor. I can see him playing a very interesting villain.

Didn't Miller have a supposed amazing screen test for either Superman or Batman :confused: I know he had lobbied for the role of General Zod at some point, but the studio felt he would not be a convincing villain funny enough.

Can't wait to see him as Leonard Snart.

Didn't Miller have a supposed amazing screen test for either Superman or Batman :confused: I know he had lobbied for the role of General Zod at some point, but the studio felt he would not be a convincing villain funny enough.

It was Superman, back when Ratner was supposed to direct it. He didn't feelt Miller was right for that role (and as much as I loathe Ratner, I totally agree with him there) but he then cast him in Prison Break. At least that's what I've heard.

I think Miller could have made a good Batman though (not sure if he ever tried out for that role). I REALLY wanted him to play the Silver Surfer, though who knows if we'll ever see that character on the big screen again.

My body is so ready for the fourth episode.

is it too soon to make Wentworth Miller as a regular? I want him in every episode leading the rogues and hanging out in bars.

I thought he was just okay. He has "cold and detached" down, though. To be fair, they didn't give him much to work with as a character.

I thought he was just okay. He has "cold and detached" down, though. To be fair, they didn't give him much to work with as a character.

Other than "cold and detached," my favorite aspect of Captain Cold was that it seemed like he was enjoying it all.

Even for a guy who's so professional, being Captain Cold is almost like a game to him.

I like how focused he is on the heist. That's always been an important aspect of the character. He doesn't want to hurt for the sake of hurting people; he will only do so when he deems it necessary to accomplish his goal. He gave that security guard a chance to escape, and scolded one of his lackeys for shooting someone. But on the other hand, he had no problem shooting the guy who provided his gun, and he also froze someone and shot directly at people as a means of distracting the Flash.

He's definitely shown to be a good leader already, and it's going to be awesome to see how he interacts with his fellow Rogues. Captain Cold and Heatwave have always been frienemies, and they referenced some past differences in Heatwave's cameo at the end.

I also hope they do Golden Glider, as that really shows another side of Cold's personality. In the comics she's usually his sister, and especially in the New 52 her relationship with him has been interesting
In this continuity she's in a relationship with Sam Scudder (Mirror Master, a fellow Rogue), has nearly died of cancer, has been put in jeopardy by various Grodd/Forever Evil shenanigans, has challenged Cold for leadership of the Rogues, etc. There's so much to work with and she adds so many potentially interesting stories. I'd certainly think a network like CW would love the potential drama there.

I wonder which Trickster they will use, if any. I'd prefer James Jesse, but Axel would be okay too I guess.

I LOVED, absolutely LOVED his take on Captain Cold. I can't wait to see the character again.

Yeah. I do hope they kill the cold puns though. It wasn't so bad that it dipped into Ahnuld territory, but they were a little grating. Other than that though, Snart was an awesome villain.

I do think though that if they want to keep Cold as a worthy villain for Barry, he'll eventually have to develop metahuman powers of his own. Because every time he shows up, you're just going to think, "Can't Barry just run up to him and snatch his gun before he can do anything?" I mean, Barry is SO fast that he can have deliver a rant right to Iris' face that's so fast she can't even see him do it. So he should be able to easily defeat Cold before he even knew what hit him.

Last edited:
Yeah. I do hope they kill the cold puns though. It wasn't so bad that it dipped into Ahnuld territory, but they were a little grating. Other than that though, Snart was an awesome villain.

I do think though that if they want to keep Cold as a worthy villain for Barry, he'll eventually have to develop metahuman powers of his own. Because every time he shows up, you're just going to think, "Can't Barry just run up to him and snatch his gun before he can do anything?" I mean, Barry is SO fast that he can have deliver a rant right to Iris' face that's so fast she can't even see him do it. So he should be able to easily defeat Cold before he even knew what hit him.
I don't think they necessarily have to make him a metahuman.

new 52 spoilers
In the New 52, Captain Cold found a genome recoder that he used to essentially give the Rogues metahuman abilities based on their weapons. Cold gained ice powers similar to Killer Frost or Icicle, Jr and he emitted cold all the time. It was such that he was able to slow the Flash whenever they were in close proximity to each other; when they stood in direct contact Barry was no faster than a normal man and Cold whooped his ass.

Point being, they could just say that coming close to the gun while it's in use also slows Barry, as they did mention getting shot by the gun does just that. Then it would just be a matter of Captain Cold not getting the gun taken away before he was able to start firing it.

Also, this is where the other Rogues come in. We saw him hook up with Heatwave at the end of the last episode, and we know for sure we'll see Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, and Captain Boomerang at the least. Just those five working in tandem could easily be a credible threat to Flash, and they could also add any of Golden Glider, Top, Trickster, Mirror Master, or Abra Kabadra as necessary.

Cold's character knew he would need help against the Flash in the future. That's the whole point of the Rogues.

Yeah, that could work too. Just something that doesn't lead to more head scratching moments.

I did love how they went out of their way to establish that Cold's not quite as mercenary as he initially seemed; he explicitly confirms that he does consider the city his playground and clearly is looking forward to his next confrontation with the Flash and seeing if he can "up his game" some more. This is a guy who does his jobs for a combination of the thrill of competition and his pride.

And I'm also hoping that when he and the Rogues become aware of Reverse Flash, they do see Flash as a case of "better the Devil you know," since he doesn't "play by the rules."

I was re-watching the last episode with my brother today and I noticed that Captain Cold explicitly confirms that he has a sister (talks about how his grandfather used to take him and his sister to a cafe).

So then it's pretty likely that it's Lisa Snart, AKA Golden Glider. That makes six of the ten classic Rogues that have been confirmed or referenced.

When I first heard that Wentworth Miller was playing Captain Cold, I felt resigned to what I thought would probably amount to a production mindset of pretty boy good looks over natural acting ability. I'd never seen Prison Break beyond commercials, and had my own preconceived ideas about how Miller got his career. Then I heard his icily monotonous voice and I suddenly understood why he'd been cast. This guy's perfect as Captain Cold. I loved that bemused smile of his when Cisco referred to him as Captain Cold. The perfect mix of playfulness and severity in his performance.

I was re-watching the last episode with my brother today and I noticed that Captain Cold explicitly confirms that he has a sister (talks about how his grandfather used to take him and his sister to a cafe).

So then it's pretty likely that it's Lisa Snart, AKA Golden Glider. That makes six of the ten classic Rogues that have been confirmed or referenced.

I really, really hope so. I like Lisa in the comics and I am wondering whether they go the pre-New52 route with her or not. I am sure the writers could get some amusing moment with Len and whoever of the Rogues turns out to be her boyfriend (well, if this should be the case).

Looking forward to her introduction in any case. :yay:

When I first heard that Wentworth Miller was playing Captain Cold, I felt resigned to what I thought would probably amount to a production mindset of pretty boy good looks over natural acting ability. I'd never seen Prison Break beyond commercials, and had my own preconceived ideas about how Miller got his career. Then I heard his icily monotonous voice and I suddenly understood why he'd been cast. This guy's perfect as Captain Cold. I loved that bemused smile of his when Cisco referred to him as Captain Cold. The perfect mix of playfulness and severity in his performance.

Totally agree! That guy is a bit too pretty for how I would have imagined Cold but he is really pulling it off.

Also, loved his two brief scenes with the kid during his visit in the museum. Pretty cute. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"