The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 4 - “The New Rogues”

I loved Jesse in her superhero costume. She looked great in it, and she had another fun team-up with Barry this week.

I liked how they're gradually building up Caitlin's story arc this season. And I got a nice laugh from Iris checking her butt in that mirror, lol. The cameos by Captain Cold were very nice too.

Mirror Master and Top were fun to watch, especially when Mirror Master was moving through reflective surfaces. However, I would have liked the two of them to have been given more personality and more characterization, besides wanting to rob banks and get revenge on their former associates and what-not. Mainly we just learned that Mirror Master is very vain, Top is devoted to him, and that's pretty much it. Not much about them stood out. Contrast that with Captain Cold, who has been given lots of personality, charisma, and characterization ever since his very first episode in Season 1.

One of the best parts of the episode was when Team Flash was searching the multiverse for all those versions of Harrison Wells. Tom Cavanaugh was hilarious in his portrayals of all those different incarnations of Wells.

I smiled a bit when Barry lectured Jessie that she had to learn how to outsmart her adversaries since it's usually STAR that does that for him, but then Barry caught the supervillain on his own for once. Good job, show.

Thank goodness Jessie left. We don't need another romantic subplot. I'll miss Harry, though, especially since HR is already awful.

Mirror Master was fairly underwhelming but I did like his voice.

The Caitlin scene at the end was actually kinda frightening. Please don't screw this subplot up, writers.

^What will be you reaction if that does not get screwed?

No poll?

Mirror Master is one of my favorite Flash villains so it was nice to finally see him show up, but I wasn't a fan of them going the meta-human route with him. Although this was pretty much just a filler episode, I enjoyed it.

Harry is great and I'm not a fan of the new "HR Wells" from Earth 19...Wouldn't the original Wells still be around, same with Eddie?

Nice to finally see the build up of Caitlin finally becoming Killer Frost too.

7.5/10

Rating for this episode is 1.0 and 2.7 million viewers.

As Tom Cavenaugh is a series regular now they needed a way to keep him in each episode - as opposed to Jesse who is only contracted for guest appearances.

Twice in this show counting Tarpit only, 3 times if you count that 18 year old student who aged the more he used his strength.

I've been talking about that event alot of late

page:40
From:The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

so after seeing events of barry meeting people like plastque that kid that needed help with a cure of turning old in season 2 Due to using his powers of super human strenght . and magenta and magnetic powers . they just neended help over all as meta humans and I looked this up after seeing that red headed villain in supergirl this week . that looks like the metahuman villain volcana who's from superman Rogues gallery, I did some looking up.

and the best way for meta's that aren't criminal's to lern to control ttheir power's or find cure's if it's some how harming or ther issues's would to have what was inthe DC lore already it's called the Center for Paranormal Studies

^^there's the link
Which researched and helped meta humans. tthere was one in metropolis inthe DCAU.

it should be a branch of Sta rlabs in their live action series as better way help certain meta's that don't care to commit crimes just learn to conrtol their powers . and maybe see some of the other known meta human as verious student of varying age groups like teen's to university / gradschool

dc already created this in tv media already via the animated series of superman to JLU. even though it's similar to X-men minus the X-men.

after all they showed they can't be all villains.

But that was more due to the magenta episode the week before which fit's with that kid ( he just needed help even season two they treated him like villain well it was a messed up season.)

More then this one episode.

Mirror Master is one of my favorite Flash villains so it was nice to finally see him show up, but I wasn't a fan of them going the meta-human route with him. Although this was pretty much just a filler episode, I enjoyed it.

7.5/10

As to mirror master that your both talking about . At least they mentioned the tech villain version that use's a gun. that's the one we all know & does exsits on earth 2 . as earth 2 Harry SAID . so we may see him one day. But I stated this in a post prior to this some page's ago here in this thread. .

Last edited:
I smiled a bit when Barry lectured Jessie that she had to learn how to outsmart her adversaries since it's usually STAR that does that for him, but then Barry caught the supervillain on his own for once. Good job, show.

Yes, this makes two weeks in a row where Barry figured out how to stop the supervillain on his own. He came up with the idea of how to stop Magenta last week, and he figured out how to beat Mirror Master this week. Good progression for Barry. And it was cool to see him teaching Jesse some of the lessons he had learned from Oliver.

Yes, this makes two weeks in a row where Barry figured out how to stop the supervillain on his own. He came up with the idea of how to stop Magenta last week, and he figured out how to beat Mirror Master this week. Good progression for Barry. And it was cool to see him teaching Jesse some of the lessons he had learned from Oliver.
let not forget about his guest staring on super girl. he thought for him self there and was very inventive & creative with out Cisco around. which was the most creative we've ever seen him .

he was both tech savy and act like the CSI we expected where int his series cisco was doing most of that cause the writers had Barry mostly on worrying about his relationships and freaking out about the villain that he needs a pep talk . well at least that latter part is starting to disappear again.

I kind of liked this one, even though it did seem like a dry run for the real Mirror Master to show up at some point. Boy did Cavanaugh look like he was having a lot of fun with the many versions of Wells. This one also gets points for Jessie's costume and let's face it, Iris' awesome butt.:hmr:

Why is Caitlin chopping off her hair? She could've dyed it if it turned white. If it all turns white then is she going to shave her head in the hope of looking normal? I wonder if it was a bit nippy in that cold shower. :o

Not sure about this new Wells so far. I preferred Harry. HR might be a little over the top.

At least with Captain Cold they haven't undone all the character development from Legends of Tomorrow by having him just become a villain again, as if he never went on the Waverider.

Wonder what Harrison Wells was going to say before he went back to his earth. Never Ever what? Ugh I guess that's another mystery we will not know for awhile.

Why is Caitlin chopping off her hair? She could've dyed it if it turned white. If it all turns white then is she going to shave her head in the hope of looking normal? I wonder if it was a bit nippy in that cold shower. :o

Not sure about this new Wells so far. I preferred Harry. HR might be a little over the top.

At least with Captain Cold they haven't undone all the character development from Legends of Tomorrow by having him just become a villain again, as if he never went on the Waverider.

Yes, they should have shown her go to the convenience store, buy brown hair color and then come back home and dye it :o

Why is Caitlin chopping off her hair? She could've dyed it if it turned white. If it all turns white then is she going to shave her head in the hope of looking normal? I wonder if it was a bit nippy in that cold shower.

Because it was one streak. I'm sure once it starts to happen more, she'll need a more permanent solution.

Yes, they should have shown her go to the convenience store, buy brown hair color and then come back home and dye it :o

I see it as a panic reaction. She wanted it gone!

But if she does shave her head, is she then more like the comics..?

Well she didn't chop off the entire right side of hair. Anyways the other's won't notice it. I think she chopped with scissors cause she wanted to look at with her own hands weird as it was. lol may be she might analyze it later in the lab. (<<who knows?) she was just freaked and that was reaction to it. yeah she buy some hair color dye .

Flash was on point this week. 9.5/10

Barry's a vet in the game now. Now time for whining or waiting for STAR Labs to figure it out for him. I like how the team was used this week. They all had their own things going on but when Barry was legit in trouble they got together to help him out.

Well she didn't chop off the entire right side of hair. Anyways the other's won't notice it. I think she chopped with scissors cause she wanted to look at with her own hands weird as it was. lol may be she might analyze it later in the lab. (<<who knows?) she was just freaked and that was reaction to it. yeah she buy some hair color dye .

I was being sarcastic :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"