The Flash The Flash Season 1, Episode 22 "Rogue Air" General Discussion

I'm still trying to figure that out.

Me too. I can't figure it out. Oliver couldn't be contacted by Team Flash because he was being groomed as Ra's Al Ghul's heir in Nanda Parbat. Ra's had Oliver under constant surveillance, except for that one scene in Arrow when Oliver managed to sneak outside to meet with Malcolm.

It seems highly unlikely that Ra's would grant Oliver permission to leave Nanda Parbat to engage in super-heroics when that is contrary to the LOA's mission and also contrary to the purported role that the heir to Ra's is meant to fill. It seems even more unlikely that Oliver managed to go to Starling City to meet with and collect the nano technology from Ray Palmer, travel to Central City and then return to Nanda Parbat without Ra's or anyone else in the LOA noticing.

Of course, that's all prefaced on Oliver even being aware that The Flash needed help at exactly that moment. I can understand Ray working on the nano technology, but designing and building the trick arrows surely took some time or was just a fortiutous coincidence.

Similarly, before leaving Central City, Arrow says that The Flash owes him a favour. But, instead of somehow contacting Barry (once again, through unknown means since Oliver was meant to be constantly supervised by a LOA minder) before the plane departed with the bio weapon, which would have allowed The Flash to help stop the bio weapon even leaving Nanda Parbat, Oliver instead appears to wait until after the plane is in the air and on its way to Starling City to contact Barry.

Of course, that all makes Barry's comments about getting back to Central City to question the Reverse Flash even odder. How long was Wells unconscious for? For the timeline to work, it would need to be at least 24 hours because Oliver had to get back to Nanda Parbat before he could call Barry. And presumably Nanda Parbat is on another continent, yet no mention was made of the fact that Barry can now travel great distances across water. I know he ran on water a little in the Plastique episode, but crossing an entire ocean would have presumably warranted a mention.

What makes less sense is why Flash needed Cpt Cold to begin with. Is he the only one who knows how to point and shoot a cold gun; a gun that Cisco can make?

I guess so? Or Cisco is suffering from very selective amnesia as a side effect of his visions of alternate timelines? Or ... yeah, I've got nothing.

I'm still trying to figure that out. How did Oliver know Barry needed help? I thought he couldn't reach him because of Oliver of course being in the league. Unless Oliver heard Lyla talking to Barry on the phone before taking her. When exactly did he have the time and opportunity to even help him? After capturing Nyssa in Starling maybe? I'm gonna try not to think about it too much, but man. Unless someone knows in these circles.

The most logical possibility is that it happened either right before or right after capturing Nyssa in between places, but two things make that unlikely. Firstly, Barry was unable to contact anyone except for Lyla, which tells me that Oliver's team was already in Namba Parbat. Secondly, Barry mentioned that he was going to have a long overdue conversation with Harrison Wells, meaning "I am Oliver Queen" was very shortly after this episode.

So, does that mean Oliver took a flight out of town right after his wedding, helped Barry, and then got back to Namba Parbat without the league noticing? Even ignoring the logical issues that have already been presented, there's also the fact that both Malcolm and Katana knew that Barry was coming and were prepared for him, and Oliver never talked to either of them individually since they arrived in Namba Parbat, so they must have been filled in before coming.

Basically, there is no possible way to reconcile the timeline of the two show.

What makes less sense is why Flash needed Cpt Cold to begin with. Is he the only one who knows how to point and shoot a cold gun; a gun that Cisco can make? Joe is probably a better shot than Cpt.Cold, seeing as how he's a trained. And like others have said, Flash could have simply grabbed each meta and ran them through the city in a matter of seconds; why the need to shut down parts of the city….? The more i think about this ep, the less it makes sense. I hope Well's plan was to get caught, because if not, his take down was a complete let down. :(

Cisco isn't making any more Cold guns after what happened with Snart. And no one knows how to use the Cold gun better than Snart. I know it's cheesy, but Snart is like one with Cold gun. Every time someone else tries to use the Cold gun, they screw up. Especially if they try to use it against Snart. Also, let's face it. Snart has had months to use the Cold gun. He's a pro. They cleared a path so they wouldn't run into traffic. They wanted to get this done fast. This was a fun episode!

Cisco isn't making any more Cold guns after what happened with Snart. And no one knows how to use the Cold gun better than Snart. I know it's cheesy, but Snart is like one with Cold gun. Every time someone else tries to use the Cold gun, they screw up. Especially if they try to use it against Snart. Also, let's face it. Snart has had months to use the Cold gun. He's a pro. They cleared a path so they wouldn't run into traffic. They wanted to get this done fast. This was a fun episode!

Also known as "a convenient plot device." And yes. It was a great episode. This show quickly (pun intended! BAZINGA!) surpassed Arrow as once of my favorite shows on television. Not that Arrow set the bar all that high this year.

The most logical possibility is that it happened either right before or right after capturing Nyssa in between places, but two things make that unlikely. Firstly, Barry was unable to contact anyone except for Lyla, which tells me that Oliver's team was already in Namba Parbat. Secondly, Barry mentioned that he was going to have a long overdue conversation with Harrison Wells, meaning "I am Oliver Queen" was very shortly after this episode.

While the second one is a clear problem, I don't agree that the first point is correct. Barry was unable to contact Ollie, so he contacted Lyla. I don't think he said he was only able to contact Lyla. Just that, if you want ARGUS, Lyla is the best place to start.

I know the Bug-Eyed Bandit isn't a meta, but wasn't she held at STAR labs also, or did she end up in a regular prison?

Do I need to have watched the Arrow finale before I can view the trailer for Legends of Tomorrow? Will the trailer give away spoilers for the finale?

I thought this episode might, but all it suggests is Captain Cold is on the loose and has freed the meta humans.

Do I need to have watched the Arrow finale before I can view the trailer for Legends of Tomorrow? Will the trailer give away spoilers for the finale?

If you were going to watch it anyway, you may as well watch it first. There's a very small spoiler at the end of the trailer.

I know the Bug-Eyed Bandit isn't a meta, but wasn't she held at STAR labs also, or did she end up in a regular prison?

She must've ended up in a regular prison, otherwise we would've seen her. It's not like she's dangerous without her bugs.

Now I've watched the Arrow finale this Flash episode still doesn't make sense. When did Ollie get time to go to Central City? Wouldn't he have been under the watchful eye of the League who would've seen him still carrying out heroic exploits? Did he go before or after capturing Lyla? Why would she have told him Barry needed his help if she thought he was no longer Oliver now? It doesn't compute. :huh:

Considering the previous episode, it was good. The only real big thing was Ollie and how he was able to help out, but overlooking that, thought everything else fell into place nicely. Always great to see Captain Cold again.

She must've ended up in a regular prison, otherwise we would've seen her. It's not like she's dangerous without her bugs.

. . .said before she pulled a prison break using a single robo-bee hidden under a layer of fake skin, plus computer skills. ;)

Now I've watched the Arrow finale this Flash episode still doesn't make sense. When did Ollie get time to go to Central City? Wouldn't he have been under the watchful eye of the League who would've seen him still carrying out heroic exploits? Did he go before or after capturing Lyla? Why would she have told him Barry needed his help if she thought he was no longer Oliver now? It doesn't compute. :huh:

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense, I think it's supposed to be sometime around 321 when Oliver was away from Nanda Parbat, but neither show really explained when he found the time and freedom to come and assist Barry during that period.

Considering the previous episode, it was good. The only real big thing was Ollie and how he was able to help out, but overlooking that, thought everything else fell into place nicely. Always great to see Captain Cold again.

I don't think that was just the only big thing. It wasn't just a matter of how Ollie was able to get from Nanda Parbat to Central City and when he would've had time to help.

As I mentioned in the Arrow thread, it seems like Barry, Ollie and Ronnie only defeated Harrison Wells shortly before, because Barry was going to have a talk with Wells. Unless of course, Wells was unconscious for a longer period of time. But even if it were a longer period of time (eg weeks or even days rather than say, 24 hours, then if Barry knew that Ollie was actually still good and fighting for the side of right, then couldn't he have told Team Arrow to let them know so that they would trust Oliver when they went to Nanda Parbat?

And if someone like Lyla were able to pass on the message to Ollie that Barry needed help in Central City, then presumably she (or someone in Argus) must've known that Ollie was simply undercover and faking brainwashing. But if Ollie really were brainwashed, or Lyla thought he was, then she should've said to Barry "I'm sorry Barry, but Ollie won't be able to help you this time. He no longer is the Arrow and no longer is on our side." However, if Lyla knew, then couldn't she have told Diggle, her own husband?

It seems that at least someone other than Malcolm Merlyn must've known that Olllie was faking turning bad, but that has been overlooked, or these heroes must have extremely poor communication skills, whether it was Barry or Lyla. Just a heads up would've cleared up all this misunderstanding.

While the second one is a clear problem, I don't agree that the first point is correct. Barry was unable to contact Ollie, so he contacted Lyla. I don't think he said he was only able to contact Lyla. Just that, if you want ARGUS, Lyla is the best place to start.

Fair enough. Though it occurs to me that if this was the case, he never bothered to contact Ray to help him with the prisoner transfer. Discount Iron Man would have been infinitely better in a fight than Captain Cold. Or, for that matter, Felicity so he could get help from their other allies. The team-up with Snart only actually works if every single other superhero he knew was busy at the time.

Obviously the same writers made a mistake somewhere in on the timeline. They probably should have just used Firestorm and maybe Atom or Roy could have donned the hood one last time to help out.

Just now been catching up with The Flash and ''Rogue Air'' is probably my favourite episode so far... unless the finale is superior of course!

Very enjoyable and a great little battle at the end. :applaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"