The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 4 - “The New Rogues”

I thought the episode was pretty fun. The way Mirror Master killed that one guy was kinda confusing.

hilarious episode, Wells and Joe, The awkward West/Allen moments,

Cool moments the end with Snow and a rise of Frost

Mirror Master, I hope upon his next appearance he's in his suit .

Captain Cold cameo

I know a lot of people don't think they have chemistry or whatever, but I'm really liking Barry and Iris as a couple. Hope it actually lasts and doesn't go through some ******** breakup later on.

But yeah, surprisingly funny episode.

:hehe: at the different versions of Wells. Tom Cavanagh must have a blast getting to do all these different versions of the character.

Absolutely loving the Killer Frost build up.

Mirror Master and Top were fun villains. Some cool scenes with them. Mainly the building chase with them, Flash, and Jesse. Look forward to their next appearance.

I know a lot of people don't think they have chemistry or whatever, but I'm really liking Barry and Iris as a couple. Hope it actually lasts and doesn't go through some ******** breakup later on.

I've never had a problem with them minus the flipfloping writers like to do with the main characters or when it's just to have forced strain. and you know when it doesn't feel natural to you when they are having argument when there shouldn't be one in serious event. this was just humorous though and I like Joe would have left the room cause making out always always need's privacy. if your the third wheel you''ll feel award.

:hehe: at the different versions of Wells. Tom Cavanagh must have a blast getting to do all these different versions of the character.
I think it's just the writer having a little too much fun with making Tom Cavanagh as any well's leave& come back repeatedly. lol oh lord.

I was so pissed that they flaked on bringing Snart back to life.

Iris checking out her butt while Barry was stuck in the mirror is probably one of my fave Iris moments.

Caitlins storyline hopefully lives up to all the teasing they are giving us.

But they need to stop with the slow cgi effects, you can tell its completely cg.

Great episode Iris and Barry were a absolute highlight, I bought everything about them. I know Jesse Quick and Wally aren't canon but man do I like them together. Just need Wally to get his powers now and it will be all good. There was a point where Barry and Jesse were chasing Top and Mirror Master up a building. At that moment I said to myself I can't believe I'm watching this, I could never have imagined this when I was a kid. It's amazing the times we live in.

Last edited:
I was so pissed that they flaked on bringing Snart back to life.

Iris checking out her butt while Barry was stuck in the mirror is probably one of my fave Iris moments.

Caitlins storyline hopefully lives up to all the teasing they are giving us.

But they need to stop with the slow cgi effects, you can tell its completely cg.
I'm sure we'll see snart again, it's just that they have him busy on legends

I'm sure they'll deliver onkiller forst but I hope she actully stays good after break down which I suspect will be due to her mother. also cause there were other ladys that took up the name killer frost and I'd like to see that explored and for Caitlin to take up an orginal name for her self as a hero. just cause in one reality she became evil it doesn't have to be the case here.

Good episode. Did they ever say what Earth this Harrison Wells is from? Or did they end up going with the one from Earth 19?

Good episode. Did they ever say what Earth this Harrison Wells is from? Or did they end up going with the one from Earth 19?
there was a number mentioned before he started talking in hologram form and earth 2 well rejected him. I for got. I should look up tomorrow. I'm sure some one will beat me to it.

How come Jesse only gets a domino mask?

Cold being a villain again feels like it has undone all the character development on Legends.

But Cold was only in this in flashbacks, not Flashpoint. It was as he was just before the first episode.

As for the episode, I'll give it an 8. I'll go out on a limb and say that Barry and Iris are settling in, with some nice uncomfortable interactions with Pops! Time for an new apartment Barry!

Mirror Master was pretty cool. And I like how Wells scooped Cisco on the name, although I prefer the preview version of the scene rather than the quick cut they did when aired.

Once again it's cool to see more than one super out there, and Quick certainly looks the part. I'll agree that she fills it nicely...:sly:

The way to get 'Wells' on every week now was a neat touch. Just send out a casting call to multiple Earths! HR looks like a fun version of Wells, although Harrison had his funny moments. Hopefully his character and Jess don't remain strangers and they come back again.

Especially since the promo for next week shows that this new Wells also has his secrets and agendas...

And yes, let's keep Snow from going evil. Give her some problems to surmount, but don't go full Killer!

It was the one from 19.
hehe I said someone would bet me to it. well I thought 19 was the one that harry/ well's from earth 2 called one of them being to nerdy. and I forgot number HR was from so I wasn't sure . but if it was 19 then.

Best part was the suspension of then end scene. Caitlin looked terrified. I think if the writers go with the "tragic villain" angle they might have something great.

A step up from last week's episode.
I love the various Wells group, and the mention of Ian McColough as the other Mirror Master.
What I don't like is Harry changing from "I don't trust him" to quickly revealing "Barry is the Flash"

It was a good, regular Flash Episode, but there were some things I didn't like.

1. The classic villain getting his powers from the particle accelerator explosion, then immediately being incapacitated, explaining why they were absent for months/years plot. How often has this been the case now? It's getting old.
2. Mirror Master being a Meta, and Earth-2 having the classic mirror gun version.
3. The Top having vertigo powers, yet two different versions of Count Vertigo on Arrow only get to use stupid drugs.
4. "Fishing" for a new Wells. I know they want to keep Cavanagh around, but I face palmed when they came up with the reasoning. "Oh, we miss you, we need you." "Well, go pick up another one from the Multiverse." How is the team getting anything done without a Wells? I still hate that Barry relies on so many scientists to win his battles. Oh, and I already hate the new Wells.

Also, Caitlin... you know you can dye your hair, right?

Last edited:
I thought this was the best episode of the season so far. Actually, I've felt a steady improvement from episode to episode.

I really liked how Barry solved the problem himself. He's a smart guy, but rarely gets to use that because the things he's dealing with are on a super genius engineering level he hasn't reached (yet). Between this episode and last episode he's getting to be very superhero-y lately. It's nice to see some side kicks around being the ones to make mistakes and have Barry actually flex some of the knowledge he's learned.

I think it was a clever way to keep Cavanagh on the show, by "casting" a Wells. Though I hope Harry comes back for an extended stay. You can be rest assured it's not the last we've seen of them now that Jessie and Wally have a budding relationship.

I liked Mirror Master, though we didn't really get to see a full demonstration of his power. It's pretty cool that they managed to tie it to a legacy, too. I mean, Wells literally named him after the same mirror master he took his name from in the books. Plus with multi-dimension hopping, there's lots of ways we might be able to see the traditional Mirror Master show up, or go to earth-2 to see.

Caitlin is the most interesting part. It has the most potential to be the best or worst storyline of the year. If they flick a switch and she becomes evil i'm going to be super upset. I imagine they will go down the route of her not being able to control her powers, though.

Definitely don't want her evil switch being flipped. Give her a breakdown of some sort where she can do things out of character for a time, but then have the Team come in and draw her back, only now as Frost. Probably the worst mistake she's making right now is keeping it hidden. Trust your friends, tell them what's going on. They're going to help at any cost.

What I would like to see now however, is more evil-doers actually getting away at the end of the episode. Sometimes all the good guys can do is stop the bad guys plan, if not catch the bad guys themselves.
That way, in order to get them back on the show, there doesn't have to be some overly convoluted escape plan from the supposedly inescapable prison.
And the bad guy or gal is then 'out there' doing who knows what and who knows when they'll turn up again.

Suspense people. Suspense.:cwink:

It was a good, regular Flash Episode, but there were some things I didn't like.

1. The classic villain getting his powers from the particle accelerator explosion, then immediately being incapacitated, explaining why they were absent for months/years plot. How often has this been the case now? It's getting old.
Twice in this show counting Tarpit only, 3 times if you count that 18 year old student who aged the more he used his strength.

Great episode Iris and Barry were a absolute highlight, I bought everything about them. I know Jesse Quick and Wally aren't canon but man do I like them together. Just need Wally to get his powers now and it will be all good. There was a point where Barry and Jesse were chasing Top and Mirror Master up a building. At that moment I said to myself I can't believe I'm watching this, I could never have imagined this when I was a kid. It's amazing the times we live in.

Yes to all of this. :up: :up:

I really don't know much about Flash's rogues, but after all the talk on this forum of everyone wanting MM, he was very disappointing/unsatisfying.

Twice in this show counting Tarpit only, 3 times if you count that 18 year old student who aged the more he used his strength.

There are more. Like Girder who was trapped in metal I think, and Weather Wizard who broke most of his bones from the plane crash and needed months to heal. I'm sure there were at least another 1-2 villains. Can't think of them from the top of my head though.

Jesse fills out that costume quite nicely.

tumblr_inline_o9pxotI78w1r24r6r_500.gif

I really don't know much about Flash's rogues, but after all the talk on this forum of everyone wanting MM, he was very disappointing/unsatisfying.

it wasn't an accurate portrayal of Mirror Master.

He shouldn't be a dapper dressing villain of the week. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"