Were are they taking the Bat-family?

Till_the_End

Civilian
Reaction score
What is going to happen to the Bat-family?
There seems to be a lot of changes?

What will happen to Nightwing, that is so important for all DCU?
What is going to happen with Jason? Will he ever return to fight at Batman side?
What will happen with Cassandra Cain?
How will the Batwoman fit in to the family?
Is Damian a potential new Robin?
Or will Tim Drake remain Robin forever?
And is there a new Bat-Girl?

The Bat-family seems so scattered. Where do you think they are leading us?

What will happen to Nightwing, that is so important for all DCU? No idea
What is going to happen with Jason? Will he ever return to fight at Batman side? Hopefully not
What will happen with Cassandra Cain? Die, hopefully
How will the Batwoman fit in to the family? I hope she won't
Is Damian a potential new Robin? Yes, imo
Or will Tim Drake remain Robin forever? No
And is there a new Bat-Girl? Please no

The Bat-family seems so scattered. Where do you think they are leading us
Hopefully they will tighten it up, kill someone etc.

What will happen to Nightwing, that is so important for all DCU? If DiDio has his way, he'll die.
What is going to happen with Jason? Will he ever return to fight at Batman side? Doubt it. Not anytime soon anyway.
What will happen with Cassandra Cain? No idea. Stay a villain for a while I guess.
How will the Batwoman fit in to the family? She shouldn't exist. But my guess is she won't interact with them too much.
Is Damian a potential new Robin? I don't think so.
Or will Tim Drake remain Robin forever? Sure, why not.
And is there a new Bat-Girl? I hope not.

What is going to happen to the Bat-family? Batfamily-Redux
There seems to be a lot of changes?Good to see you're paying attention

What will happen to Nightwing, that is so important for all DCU?Well, if he has his own "monitor" you know something's up. Plus Dan Didio wouldn't quit hinting about him during the Crisis.
What is going to happen with Jason? Will he ever return to fight at Batman side?Since they did bring him back, I think he's as interesting as it gets...but only using him sparingly will keep him that way. He's a real wildcard in the bat-world, only the right writers should handle him and everyone else needs to stay away
What will happen with Cassandra Cain? Kill, kill, kill...but it's too predictable. won't happen (unfortunately)
How will the Batwoman fit in to the family?leave her out of the batbooks in my opinion! i don't like her, and that fact that she's a 'lesbo' is conveniently lame!
Is Damian a potential new Robin? i hope not
Or will Tim Drake remain Robin forever?never say never
And is there a new Bat-Girl?is there? i need to catch up on my batbook reading...i'm a couple of months behind

The Bat-family seems so scattered. Where do you think they are leading us? I want the brooding bat back, but I don't want Dick Grayson dead to put him there! And it doesn't sound like he'll be that way anytime soon (years, people) so there's no telling where things are headed right now.

What is going to happen with Jason? Will he ever return to fight at Batman side? The Red Hood is coming back in both green Arrow and i think Nightwing. Its possible it is Todd
Is Damian a potential new Robin? no Robin for Damian, but I would not mind if Damian stuck around for awhile

Till_the_End said:
TTCv43.jpg

Blueberry, where the hell'd you get that pic?!

The possibilities that it suggests could be PURE GOLD!!!

Why is it everytime any "sidekick" of Batman is mentioned, some dude/dudette/transgendered (hey, I don't discriminate) has to come along with some death wish?

Hey, I could understand it if it was something new, but after 66 years of Batman (Batman having been around for 67 years, btw) having at least one sidekick, it's time to throw in the anti-sidekick towel.

I don't mind him having a sidekick...but 5 sidekicks??? (exaggeration with purpose)

If they'd quit switching it up every year or two. Constant sidekick switching is a CRUTCH for BAD WRITERS!

I'm not pointing to a specific writer here, that's not what i'm doing, but constantly introducing new sidekicks is FAR MORE played out than the "brooding batman" that DC's trying to get away from!

Agreed (although 5 sidekicks can be done to some affectiveness, IMO (see; Batman: Fugitive)). But with that said, post-OYL, DC does seem to be trying to get into a Batman and Robin (and that's it) kind of thing. Which I really like, myself.

I just like the idea of Bruce/Batman having Alfred as his aid back in the base, and Gordon out on the streets. I don't mind Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, they've all been great characters in the Batman mythos and in comic books in general, but a sidekick just doesn't fit the picture with the kind of character that Batman is, in my opinion. The bat family is a concept that I like when Bruce, himself as Batman, retires.

Antonello Blueberry said:
Tell me that's not Conner in the T-shirt. Tell me the b1tchers and whiners didn't finally get their wish. Tell me DC isn't doing that.

Till_the_End said:

What will happen to Nightwing, that is so important for all DCU?
What is going to happen with Jason? Will he ever return to fight at Batman side?
How will the Batwoman fit in to the family?
Is Damian a potential new Robin?
Or will Tim Drake remain Robin forever?

The Bat-family seems so scattered. Where do you think they are leading us?
1. Ah, probably nothing. (Read: If Dan DiDio kills him, I'll kill Dan DiDio.)
2. It would be nice, but I doubt it.
3. Maybe she'll come to her senses and put the cape and cowl back on--for the right side.

Ha! Yeah, right. And then right after that, Marvel will bring Bucky back from the dead!...oh, ****, they did, didn't they? Damn gimmicky no-plot-having Marvel...

4. Probably not much. She'll be as tangential as Huntress.
5. You take that back right now! Jesus, there's no reason to be talking like that!
6. Fine with me if he did.
7. No. Cass is going to come back, or there will not be another one.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Tell me that's not Conner in the T-shirt. Tell me the b1tchers and whiners didn't finally get their wish. Tell me DC isn't doing that.
That's not Conner in the T-shirt. The b1tchers and whiners didn't finally get their wish. DC isn't doing that.

You were close, though. While that isn't Superboy, it is a clone of Superboy (a clone of a clone :confused: ), called Match. He first appeared years ago in Superboy's solo series.
Ben Urich said:
Who's that Riddler chick?
A new character. Enigma.

I don't see why people hate the Bat Family. Having around folks like Oracle and Nightwing, expand Batman's effectiveness. I think solo books are always better, when you have a strong supporting cast. Think about it...what was more fun to read. Peter Parker now, where it's always him, MJ and Aunt May...Or Peter in the past when he had the staff of the Bugle, plus the people at his school? I think all of the characters afford different story telling opportunities and directions. Besides, it's not like they are seen all of the time, in all of the books. None of the Bat Family, besides Robin, pop up in Batman and Son.

CConn said:
That's not Conner in the T-shirt. The b1tchers and whiners didn't finally get their wish. DC isn't doing that.

You were close, though. While that isn't Superboy, it is a clone of Superboy (a clone of a clone :confused: ), called Match. He first appeared years ago in Superboy's solo series.
A new character. Enigma.
Why, thank you sir! It isn't often a fella gets his wish so completely! You are a pillar of the community.

Arach Knight said:
I don't see why people hate the Bat Family. Having around folks like Oracle and Nightwing, expand Batman's effectiveness. I think solo books are always better, when you have a strong supporting cast.
The BatSquad should be Batman, Robin, Alfred, and Oracle. Huntress should always work with the Birds. Nightwing should be striking out on his own except in cases of Batman's extreme need, such as No Man's Land or the gang war. And somebody kill that piece of sh1t kid Damien or whatever his f\ck name is.

Arach Knight said:
Think about it...what was more fun to read. Peter Parker now, where it's always him, MJ and Aunt May...Or Peter in the past when he had the staff of the Bugle, plus the people at his school?
Peter Parker when he's dead.

Arach Knight said:
I think all of the characters afford different story telling opportunities and directions. Besides, it's not like they are seen all of the time, in all of the books. None of the Bat Family, besides Robin, pop up in Batman and Son.
Well, and that stupid f\ck kid.

Antonello Blueberry said:
How does he get his beard to not show through the mask like that?

It strikes me that Deathstroke's crusade against kids in costumes is ill-served by creating a squad of kids in costumes.

I think that whole "Dick Grayson needs to get out of Bruce's shadow" thing has already been proven. I mean, they can drag that out more...but Nightwing is already the established champion of Bloodhaven. He leads a new rendition of Bruce's old team. I think Nightwing's character now, is more about rising to be Bruce's equal/heir, rather than being some kid who feels like he needs to carve his own niche. Been there, done that...or have you not read any of Marv Wolfmans old Teen Titan books (which anybody can do, thanks to graphic novelization of most older Titan books)? Of course Droogie, that is just my opinion...but I don't think there is a problem with the whole Bat Family idea. It isn't like they frequently interact in every Batman story told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"