WETA Digital vs. ILM

ILM, by far. That's not to say WETA hasn't done some great work, but ILM's CGI generally looks more photorealistic to me. WETA often has kind of a cartoony look and feel, at least in my opinion.

The heritage and sheer 'will' of ILM wins it for me.

Pillow fight.

tenor.gif

ILM, by far. That's not to say WETA hasn't done some great work, but ILM's CGI generally looks more photorealistic to me. WETA often has kind of a cartoony look and feel, at least in my opinion.

Weta's character work on the hobbit film on the Hobbit films mostly comes down to design choice and the sensibilities of the director.

In general though I think their rendering is far more solid than ILM's as of late.

Nothing ILM has put out in the last few years touches on what WETAdigital pulled off on the last two apes, films, especially War.

Both are good but I give the edge to WETA based on War for the Planet of the Apes alone.

Maybe I'm a little biased being a Kiwi myself, but I've truly been amazed over what Weta has brought to the table over the past 17-18 years. Even Richard Taylor and the workshop has been amazing with their sets, miniatures, bigatures, costuming, etc. Fingers crossed they'll get the Dune gig!

I haven't been as wow'd recently by ILM as I have been whenever a Planet of The Apes film comes out so I'll go with WETA at the moment. The Planet of the Apes Films never winning best Visual Effects was a disgrace to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"