What About Rick Jones?

I think it's too late for Rick Jones now in the MCU. He was the reason Banner became the Hulk and was his side kick. They've gone 10 years now without Rick Jones. It's a bit late to introduce him now out of the blue when he should've been an everyman appearing in several movies, like Coulson did in the early ones.

Introducing him now as separate from the Hulk seems like a slap in the face, both to Hulk and to the Rick Jones character. Yes, he did go on to become other things and was associated with Captain Marvel, but he should first and foremost have been a Hulk character. If he had progressed to being associated with Marvell in the MCU, that's all well and good, but he shouldn't start out that way.

So I say forget about him now.

Yeah seeing his name in this section was odd to me. He is a Hulk supporting character first and foremost.

The teams behind KREE/SKRULL WAR and AVENGERS FOREVER would probably disagree with you two.

Last edited:
Yeah seeing his name in this section was odd to me. He is a Hulk supporting character first and foremost.

For the overwhelming majority of Captain Mar-Vell's history, Rick Jones and Mar-Vell shared NegaBands and traded places. They could hear each other's thoughts. For all intents and purposes, Rick Jones was Captain Marvel's secret identity. Yes, Rick Jones was tied to Hulk's origin story and followed him around just like he was also a sidekick for Captain America, but he absolutely is a Mar-Vell supporting character. He is not and has never been a Carol Danvers supporting character, though. He's also not someone in his 30s or 40s.

I think it's too late for Rick Jones now in the MCU. He was the reason Banner became the Hulk and was his side kick. They've gone 10 years now without Rick Jones. It's a bit late to introduce him now out of the blue when he should've been an everyman appearing in several movies, like Coulson did in the early ones.

Introducing him now as separate from the Hulk seems like a slap in the face, both to Hulk and to the Rick Jones character. Yes, he did go on to become other things and was associated with Captain Marvel, but he should first and foremost have been a Hulk character. If he had progressed to being associated with Marvell in the MCU, that's all well and good, but he shouldn't start out that way.

So I say forget about him now.

Yep. Echoes of Balder the Brave with Thor - should have featured but didn't.

Rick Jones appeared in The Incredible Hulk as a student at Culver University. That is the only role Rick will have in this universe.

I think it would be fitting if post-Infinity, to show him still at Culver University or some other college working there in some capacity perhaps in tech. support or something post-graduation. He could head up the teen brigade.

In comics after early years functioning as Bruce Banner's confidante, he utilized in following way:
http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php
Later, Rick forms the Teen Brigade, a loose network of teenagers with ham radios throughout the United States. The first Teen Brigade played a role in the origin of the Avengers when the Norse god Loki tampered with the Teen Brigade's radio transmission. Originally, the Teen Brigade intended to bring the Fantastic Four together to battle the Hulk, but instead brought Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thor together to form the Avengers.

Dated technology, oddball news dissemination resembling a sort of member exlusive Bullpin Bulletin styled newsletter (or even a fanzine similar to "Marvel Age") they mail out to one another, ect.

A fandom of sorts trying to reach out to the various heros within the Marvel universe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back