Smallville Fights

^^^^^ Well they needed the meteor shower to cover the arrival of the ship. There is no way that a ship could get through satellite radars nowadays undetected.

And I dont think creating meteor freaks is lazy writing, its just a different way of exploring an enemy.

A 42 minute TV show doesnt have alot of time for exposition as to why an enemy for Clark would be a crazy, so they went with the Green K angle and I think it works really well. Providing it isnt overused.

It also puts a weird mystery on to the town of Smallville. Which is what the show is called.

Lex as a villan/friend works well for me. It gives the show more depth with Lex around. Any time we can see a super fight between these two would rock!

avidreader said:
^^^^^ Well they needed the meteor shower to cover the arrival of the ship. There is no way that a ship could get through satellite radars nowadays undetected.
Is it so hard to believe that Jor-El could have built cloaking technology built into the ship, knowing what the human race was like from his observations?
And I dont think creating meteor freaks is lazy writing, its just a different way of exploring an enemy.
You don't think that creating enemies who have a built in advantage over Clark is lazy? You don't think that having kryptonite coincidentally involved in every single villain-creating scenario is lazy?
A 42 minute TV show doesnt have alot of time for exposition as to why an enemy for Clark would be a crazy, so they went with the Green K angle and I think it works really well. Providing it isnt overused.
That doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't recall having the metallo alloy's invention being covered too extensively in the comics. Or the radiation that created the Parasite. Or the teleporter technology that Bloodsport uses.

The point is that those non-kryptonite elements have created various Superman villains over the years and they had no more of an explaination of their powers than any of the freak-of-the-weeks do. It does not take 42 minutes of a show's running time to simply explain what created the villain if it's not kryptonite. If anything, FOTW's origins take even more time to explain than most of the origins used in the comics.
It also puts a weird mystery on to the town of Smallville. Which is what the show is called.
I'm well aware of the title of the show. I'm glad that you felt the need to point it out. :rolleyes:

See, in the real world, where "mysterious" things happen to the residents of Smallville because of radioactive meteors, the town would be quarantined off because that's what we, in the real world, call an epidemic.

LexCorp said:
Would Aquaman hold his own if they stayed underwater?

It depends on a few factors. First of all, let's look over Aquaman's abilities:

Aquaman has a great deal of superhuman strength and speed. He's not on Superman's level, but he's close enough to be able to stand up to him and not get pulverized imediately. But, Aquaman's main advantage is his telepathy. He could use his telepathic abilities to mess with Superman's cognative functions or give him painful seizures.

As for the water: If they're in the water but not too far down, like in a lake, Aquaman's advantage wouldn't be much. His main advantage is that he won't get dehydrated, which is what causes him to get weaker on land. Also, Superman can't breath under water. So, after a while the lack of oxygen to his brain would make him dizzy and eventually cause him to black out and drown. Of course, Superman can hold his breath for a very long time, so this wouldn't be an issue right away. However, if they were fighting in Atlantis, it would be a different story. First of all, in Atlantis, the pressure is so imense that their strength would be greatly reduced. Since Aquaman lives in Atlantis, he's used to being weakened like that. Superman isn't, so he'd be a bit disoriented at first. Second, there is very little light in Atlantis. Since Superman is solar charged, then he would be absorbing far less energy than he is using up. Meaning he would fatigue much more quickly. So, Superman would tire in the fight much sooner than he would if they were closer to the surface. Also, Aquaman is no stronger than a very athletic Atlantian, so he could just order his royal gaurd to dogpile on Superman and kick his ass :D.

Spike_x1 said:
I
See, in the real world, where "mysterious" things happen to the residents of Smallville because of radioactive meteors, the town would be quarantined off because that's what we, in the real world, call an epidemic.

I thought in the real world, it would be called Rosewell..:eek:

I wish they would have actual choregraphed fights like the people who did angel and buffy. I mean clark shouldnt be a kung fu master but the fights should have a few punches thrown. I understand the people with more limited fighting but some have powers or strength that could get clark turned around.

Awesome, thanks for that question...

I thought the battle in the second episode of Season 1 with the kryptonite charged insect man was quite good. It had some solid action and Clark also seemed vulnerable at times. Also, what about the fight scene in Shattered or was it some other episode in Season 3, when Clark meets old foes in the guy who could duplicate himself and Sean Ashmore, who could get Clark's powers through lightning. That was quite good as well. I haven't seen Season 4 and 5 as I am from India and we haven't got those seasons on TV here.

I just watched a season 4 episode. The one with the young Flash in it. There is a point at the end where Clark throws a human right through a roof which is cool. I forgot about that utill I saw it today.

I thought the Jonathan/Lionel fight in season 3 was raw. Eye gouges and bare sleeper chokes:up:

thumb-spell4.jpg

I liked this witch arch only for the example of Clark being weak to magic. The witch acting was not the best however.

it wasnt much of a fight but i thought it was cool in transference where clark and lionel are in jail and its in slow motion set on clark, then clark zooms to lionel picks him up, lionel drops the crystal and they change back, fall back and clark zooms out again, thought it was well shot but the song wasnt the best choice

I liked the scene and the song both, but I don't think they went together that well.

I did like seeing Clark get thrown into the furnace once. He was fighting some guys that I think were on Kryptonite. He had to fight "smart" as they matched his strength.

Spike_x1 said:
I liked the scene and the song both, but I don't think they went together that well.
thats what i ment sorry, i think the songs great and so is the scene but it isnt a good match, like having a funeral scene with countdown music when the curtain closes:(

lol there was a riot, in a prison, that song was perfect.

KalKai said:
lol there was a riot, in a prison, that song was perfect.
Yep and that one got a thumbs up for being realistic from my husband that does riot control in prisons.

is it me or should there be an episode where clarks in metropolis, n mess's wit the wrong gang, n it turns out the ringleader is jet li or tony jaa (from ong bak thai warriro, and tom yum goong)..and kryptonite has giving them super strenght, n in the episodes, clark is forced to do some hardcore fighting, while jet li or tony jaa is doing martial arts...yea that will sound sooo coool

Lionel and John. A real human fight. No Super powers more gritty. It would be out of character for Lionel though I understand that. Maybe one good punch at Lionel from Jonathan.

last nights fight in void definelty not one of the most memorable.

well i take that back....it could be remebered as the worst fight in the history of SV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"