What did you like about T:TDW?

Darcy. (But dang, she kissed the intern! </3)
Heimdall, really dig the part he senses the invisible ship and then runs after it.
Captain America's cameo. It was Evans in the suit right? He really played the part really "Loki"
Stan Lee's cameo.

The whole film in general, but these few popped into my head.

Please put that in Spoiler tags, some have not seen the movie yet.

Anyways, another thing I liked about the movie. THOR jumping off of the balcony and catching Mjolnir while it is in the air, whisking him off. I do not see how that could have possibly been Loki like a lot of people were saying when the clip was first shown online...

Also, I liked the cinematography, it looked stunning! Best MCU movie cinematography wise so far!

This film also did not bring up the question, "Where were the rest of the Avengers?" that may have cropped up in Iron Man 3, at least to me it didn't.

Last edited:
the artwork on the individual characters in the end credits

kurse's power

Please put that in Spoiler tags, some have not seen the movie yet.
Can someone clear this up for me, what IS the spoiler policy in the T:TDW subforum and threads? Because I would have thought this thread WAS for people who had actually, you know, SEEN the film and wanted to TALK about it, hence SPOILERS.

Can someone clear this up for me, what IS the spoiler policy in the T:TDW subforum and threads? Because I would have thought this thread WAS for people who had actually, you know, SEEN the film and wanted to TALK about it, hence SPOILERS.

It's not just for those who've seen the film. People can talk in general about the film without actually discussing specifics. Out of common courtesy, it takes an extra to and click the spoiler tag when getting more in-depth.

Last edited:
It's not just for those who've seen the film. People can talk in general about the film without actually discussing specifics. Out of common courtesy, it takes an extra to and click the spoiler tag when getting more in-depth.
How can you talk about what you liked in the film without spoiling people? What constitutes a spoiler and what doesn't? And how can you want to go into a thread where people talk about what they've seen in the movie without wanting to be spoiled? I Don't Get It. It's contrary to any spoiler policy I've met elsewhere, so if this is specific to this forum, then it should be signposted.

Each to own. I can't understand posters (who don't wish to be spoiled) who frequent forums mere weeks before the movie is set to be released. Someone always and I mean ALWAYS drops the spoiler bomb. I haven't gone to the Spidey forum in months and ASM2 isn't due out till next may.

What I liked about Thor 2

1) Loki.
Three movies and he has stolen the show every time. He should be synonymous with thieves rather than lies.

2) Effects.
I'm curious if more practical effects were used as the destruction was very realistic.

3) 8 realms.
With the exception of the Earth stuff I loved all the different locations.

Sorry man, had the same sentiments as balanda. I thought this thread's for sharing what we liked about the film. Kinda weird for people who do not want to be spoiled to be visiting this thread anyways..

Loki was more entertaining in this one, but he still needs to wash his hair

I loved the movie, but Loki owned it. He was the best part, hands down. And that cameo when he was messing with Thor? Amazing.

-Anytime Hemsworth and Hiddleston interacted with each other. Every scene they share is great. It's cool to see how successfully they've built upon their interactions in previous films.

-Loki stole all his scenes. TH manages to play his malice and mischief while showing just the right amount of the damage underneath.
His "death" scene was perfect as well "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." You wonder what he's actually apologizing for and what if anything he actually means.

-Frigga being a boss.

-The cinematography,
especially during the funeral scene, it gave me chills

-Some of the humor. There was a lot to like, despite the ill placed jokes.

-The artwork during the credits is awesome. Especially
the final shot that shows Loki sitting on the throne

Higher stakes, definitely putting Thor in tougher positions.

The humor really drew me in to the movie, the people that don't appreciate jokes, I feel bad you, lighten up.

Anytime Thor was screen, Hemsworth does not get enough credit for these movies. He is just perfect.

Loki was really good, thankfully they redeemed him from the crap that The Avengers writers took on him

Those two together was ridiculously great, the drama, the comedy everything was spot on

Really liked Levi as Fandral, he was barely in it but he was really great with the amount he got

Heimdall was phenomenal, had to get some great Elba to get that awful Pacific Rim taste out of my mouth

The cinematography was top notch, Alan Taylor in general did a really great job directing this movie. I would have loved to see the movie that Taylor would have liked to make, not the one Marvel made him make

The humor I thought was pretty good, few embarrassing attempts at humor including some of the worst writing ever on one joke but for the most part it was a really hilarious movie. I completely lost it when he hung the hammer up, I mean holy crap that was brilliant. Definitely the funniest Marvel movie and it was nice to see that they did it right unlike Iron Man 3 which was mostly cringe worthy

The action scenes were great, love that used a cg Thor more for some cool looking flying stuff, the first one should have utilized that more. Would have loved to see more hand to hand with him but oh well. Would have enjoyed the final battle had it been done good but they screwed it up so that was a bummer

Kurse was really cool, he looked awesome, he was powerful but alas his/Thor's fight scene was eh at best

Spoilers ahead....

The Warriors 3 plus Sif. I thought they were all cool. Each got their moment and I thought they all just meshed very well.

Frigga. Too badass. I loved how she nonchalantly kicked Malakith's ass. "Who are you creature." God her delivery of that was so cool. She wasn't worried in the least. Perfect when paired with her monumental beat down she dished out.

The scenes, sets, lighting etc etc. Everything just looked great.

Hemsworth and Hiddleston really own their characters.

The cinematography was top notch, Alan Taylor in general did a really great job directing this movie. I would have loved to see the movie that Taylor would have liked to make, not the one Marvel made him make

This was 100% my opinion, Marvel interferred too much. I feel like the producers are making these movies sometimes or atleast forcing things sometimes.

- Asgard was astoundingly beautiful up close. That snowy celebration scene capped off with Thor's quick conversation with Sif was especially breath taking. The general design was superb. Really digging the throne room redesign as well.

- The funeral scene. Incredibly beautiful and emotional.

- Soundtrack. I really enjoyed the music in this film and felt that it extenuated the scenes nicely.

- The acting (for the most part). Thor, Loki, Malekith (for what little he had to work with), Algrim, Odin, Frigga, Selvig, even Jane...all were well acted. However, Hiddleston's performance was undoubtedly a step above the rest even when the rest were very good. An incredible actor. Darcy wasn't terrible, but...meh.

- The Dark Elf designs. I dug em. Wish we could have at least gotten a glimpse behind one of the foot soldier's masks, though.

- The action. Excellent fights, chase scenes, etc. throughout the film. I especially liked Mjolnir's abrupt changes in direction as it raced to meet with Thor as he teleported around the realms during the final battle with Malekith. Very cool.

[blackout]The part where Loki is dying and says "I'm a fool I'm a fool" and "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" was really emotional. It was probably the most genuine he has ever been. It was one of the greatest moments of that movie[/blackout]

[blackout]The part where Loki is dying and says "I'm a fool I'm a fool" and "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" was really emotional. It was probably the most genuine he has ever been. It was one of the greatest moments of that movie[/blackout]

[BLACKOUT]Actually it was not one of his most genuine moments because he was lying. It was a great lie but nothing more. Also it was a great dramatic moment wasted because they wanted to bring him back. Should have left him dead[/BLACKOUT]

+1 I think they nailed this scene. It could have been way over the top or unbelievable.
I think the scene showed a sense of desperation and regret that has been absent from anything Loki has previously said or done. The killer is we don't know how much of what was said or done was a lie.

[BLACKOUT]Actually it was not one of his most genuine moments because he was lying. It was a great lie but nothing more. Also it was a great dramatic moment wasted because they wanted to bring him back. Should have left him dead[/BLACKOUT]

Nah. [BLACKOUT]Loki always comes back. That's his thing. It sets up Thor 3 with Ragnarok nicely. I don't understand how you say he was lying. We don't know how he came back, he could have actually died and actually believed he was dying. But, even if he knew he wasn't dying, that doesn't make his proclamations any less genuine.[/BLACKOUT]

The brother moments were awesome again. The jailbreak was hilarious. Loki was fracking gold.

I just remembered a couple or things I adored. The JiM-like shot of Volstagg with his little ones and Mjolnir following Thor across the stars.

Every scene with Loki and Thor was fantastic.
You could feel a great sense of friendship among Thor and friends
That cameo
Kurse was intimidating
I liked that it took place on a few different worlds. Gave the film a bigger scope

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"