What did you think of robocop 2?

ALthough it became definitely more 'family orientated' and lost some of the grit from the first film, i thought it was excellent.

I thought the end fight was exceptionally well done and it's still a pleasure to watch.

It's probably the first time i thought to myself that robocop was a real badass in the whole trilogy....(never liked that slow walking aspect).

THE WALK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway Robo2 was badass and violent as hell, don't see how it became more family orientated till 3.

Problem with Robo2 is although its a great sci fi actioner, it could have been a masterpiece like the first film if they had stuck to the Frank Miller script.

Check out the graphic novel based on FM's script, it is amazing.

It's a bad movie that I really like. Third one's a walking corpse.

The first movie was great, an instant classic. Everything that came after it was utter rubbish.

The first movie was great, an instant classic. Everything that came after it was utter rubbish.

You are wrong.

Robocop = masterpiece

Robocop2 = badass sci fi actioner

Robocop3 = :whatever:

You are wrong.

Robocop = masterpiece

Robocop2 = badass sci fi actioner

Robocop3 = :whatever:

Actually you're wrong. RC2 was rubbish, like Die Hard 2.

I remember both because they came out the same year and I and a friend went to see both. And people think they only make bad sequels nowadays!

I remember both because they came out the same year and I and a friend went to see both. And people think they only make bad sequels nowadays!

I'd buy that for a dollar

I agree with the masses that Robocop 3 was teh ****z. Number two was great for what it was :up:

Robocop 2 and 3 are crap! Robocop is AWESOME! :up:

I'll shove this thread so far up your your stupid cat arse, you'll sh;t snow for a year :D

Nooooooooo, RC2 is very good, not quite up to the standard of the original but not far off at all!

I remember that I really liked it as a kid. But, I haven't seen it in years... Need to see it again.

The thing that really lost me was the fact that the first movie was basically a ghost in the shell type theme. We spent 2 1/2 hours with this character to see him die, resurrect, and regain his humanity. Well, in the board room at OCP he FINALLY regained his humanity. He smiles, he calls himself by his human name.

Then, in Robocop 2, his attitude is once again robotic in nature. The humanity that was part of the driving force in the first film that was eventually gained, was lost in the sequel. To me, that was a big detraction from the character. Granted, Peter Weller still did a fantastic job, but it just wasn't what it was suppose to be.

Robocop2 was a pretty good sequel, personally I love it. Its 2 robots beating the crap out of each other, whats not to love?

Watch a Robocop marathon but watch 3 before 2. You'll apprecate 2 better.

Robocop2 was a pretty good sequel, personally I love it. Its 2 robots beating the crap out of each other, whats not to love?

true, so true.

but RoboCop 3 DID suck harsh... 1 and 2 pwn imo

Robocop 3 DID suck balls. Its a fact.

I like all the Robocop movies. Though the ninja was the dumbest thing to ever be in a robot movie.

i liked robocop 2 , it was a dark film . it was interesting to see the kid be such a villian.

robocop 3 could of been good but in this case the kid destroyed the movie.

The thing that really lost me was the fact that the first movie was basically a ghost in the shell type theme. We spent 2 1/2 hours with this character to see him die, resurrect, and regain his humanity. Well, in the board room at OCP he FINALLY regained his humanity. He smiles, he calls himself by his human name.

Then, in Robocop 2, his attitude is once again robotic in nature. The humanity that was part of the driving force in the first film that was eventually gained, was lost in the sequel. To me, that was a big detraction from the character. Granted, Peter Weller still did a fantastic job, but it just wasn't what it was suppose to be.

I agree with this even though I do like Robo 2. Robo 3 is crap as is the TV series and Prime Directives. I do, however, love that scene with Ellen were Murphy tells Ellen that "her husband is dead." Weller did a good job in that scene. You can see the pain on his face when he is watching her get into the car. After being interviewed by the OCP lawyer, he realize that he can't ever go back to what he was and he has to do the most painful thing and tell Ellen that he is dead. Great Stuff. Probably the only time his humanity shows up again in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"