Tron Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Superhero
Reaction score
Jeff Bridges Ready and Willing to Do Tron 2

Rumors of a Tron sequel have been teasing fans of the early '80s classic for years. Tron 2.0 was one version, but that ended up becoming a videogame. Now Flynn himself, Jeff Bridges, has confirmed that he is ready to entertain an offer, which he expects to come by his office soon.
"I heard they're going to pitch me one pretty soon," said Bridges. "I hear they're going to make a sequel. I'm always curious to hear what they're going to say. I haven't heard [the idea yet]."

Nearly 30 years later, a new Tron would have to find the cutting edge of 21st-century technology, since the original was outdated shortly after its release. "The reasons to do it, and the reason I did that one, was because it was so innovative -- and I understand they've got a whole new batch of stuff like that that, innovations that they want to use on that, so that could be kind of fun."

The older and wiser Bridges is prepared to suffer for a Tron sequel, as many of the visual affects apparatuses have not changed much. "Wearing a dance belt...I know you ladies wear thongs, and a dance belt is kind of like our version of the thong and it's a terrible thing, man. You can't sit down. Then I've got tights."

source
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tron/news/1696687/

First Tron Movie
tron_large_02.jpg

Its about time.
Tron is one of my all time favorites.
The Light Cycle race is on Par with the Speeder bike scene (for me anyway)

No reason why this shouldn't be done. Jeff Bridges is one of my favorite actors.

Fan-f***ing-Tastic!!! It's about damn time. I loved the first Tron. It's way dated now, but it's still fun to watch. Can't wait!!

I still love the title Tron 2.0

Hope they still use it.....

tron.jpg

But how would they do the video game world? It would have to look REAL. Perhaps that could be the story though, as in distinguishing between fantasy and reality.

But how would they do the video game world? It would have to look REAL. Perhaps that could be the story though, as in distinguishing between fantasy and reality.

Yeah, no one would compare that to The Matrix...

A sequel would be very cool.. The internet could be used in a cool way, a bit like they did in Futurama. Flynn could open up portals in the computer world and use the internet to travel or something..

If they do this I just hope that while the sfx will obviously be better, they retain the same visual style as the first film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47152
SDCC: Tron 2 Footage Screened!
Source: Blake Wright July 24, 2008

Disney surprised Con-goers in San Diego on Thursday with debut footage of its highly anticipated sequel to 1982's Tron. The footage began with an update of the popular lightcycle duel from the original film.

A blue figure – obviously on the run – is being tracked down by a yellow figure on a cycle. The blue figure dives forward with a bar in hand. Around the bar – and figure – a super sleek blue lightcycle forms and the chase in on.

The figures are cool updates of the 1982 warriors. Gone are the glowing blue/red/yellow faces, now replaced by helmets with clear facemasks housing what looks like holographs of human faces.

The cycles dip and dodge through a translucent, multi-level track that appears both digital and organic. The blue cycle is forced down a narrow crevasse between two ledges while the yellow bike takes the high road. The blue cycle emerges at the end of the path only to be cut off by the yellow bike's 'laser trail'. The blue bike smashes into a million pieces sending the blue rider flying in slow motion and flipping through the air. He lands and skids to a halt.

All of this activity is being observed from a high, cliff-side structure by a human figure – an older, bearded Kevin Flynn! Played again by Jeff Bridges, a very serene looking Flynn appeared first in a meditative position in the center of a large room. He arises, then walks to the window and peers down onto the action below.

The yellow figure 'retracts' his lightcycle walks over to the downed blue figure... and finishes the job.

The footage ended with a '2' appearing in the traditional Tron font and the TR2N emerging around it. The TRN faded away leaving the 2 alone on the screen again.

:wow:

Tron 2? I can honestly say I never saw it coming.

See, now this takes me back, because they kept this **** under the radar, like back in the day. No one in the industry aside from Disney knew they were doing this and bam...here it is.

this is the most surprising/best news in a while!!!!!!!!

how could they keep this a secret!jeff bridges too!

Yea i remember a year or two reports saying this was going to happen didnt expect it to cause i thought they wouldnt be doing a sequel. But great to hear its actually happening and jeff bridges returned. its been awhile since i seen the first so i might try finding it some time soon.

Another take of it.

http://aintitcool.com/node/37618
Holy ****! Three minutes of TRON 2 shown at the Disney panel at Comic-Con! Quint has the story!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Holy ****! TRON 2!

I’m probably going to short change Dwayne Johnson and Carla Gugino here who were the majority of the Disney Panel, but HOLY ****! At the end they showed 3 minutes from TRON 2 which has been whispered about, but wait until you get a load of this:

The footage started with a computer generated guy peeking around a corner. He had light blue glowing lines on him. As the dude peeked around the corner a sound can be heard, a low rumble.

Keep in mind they didn’t announce what this was, just that it was a surprise presentation.

The guy hears the sound, getting louder, and he runs down the corridor, black obsidian walls. A vehicle speeds behind him and he jumps in the air, throwing a stick out in front of him and suddenly we’re underneath him as he jumps for it in mid-air, the lightcycle forming around him. He hits the ground running and the lightcycles battle.

They aren’t turning at hard angles anymore, the movement more fluid. The cycles slam into each other, knocking each other around like in a car chase, but the yellow and blue lines don’t touch in any of this.

The yellow cycle runs up on another level with a transparent floor, keeping an eye on the blue below. They get back on the same level and more close calls.

The guy in the blue cycle sees the crack in the wall. THE FISSURE that we know and love. The blue cycle races toward it, barely in the lead and makes the crack, the yellow cycle skidding to a stop within inches of the wall.

After a beat the yellow cycle speeds off. Then we’re with the POV of the blue cycle taking the turns in the fissure slowly and carefully. Then we see the yellow cycle racing along the top of the canyon, looking down at the blue cycle, then speeding ahead.

The blue cycle exits the other side and heads down a light-outlined corridor in the giant open space, seemingly alone. Out of nowhere, the yellow cycle puts on a booster burst of speed and cuts the blue cycle off.

The blue cycle crashes into the yellow line, shattering the vehicle and sending the blue rider flying through the air and crashing hard to the ground, sliding to the edge of a precipice, but he catches himself at the last minute, pulling his body back over the lip.

Then the most shocking moment of the trailer. We cut out of CG and into live action. A grey-haired and bearded Kevin Flynn… Jeff Mutha-****in’ Bridges… is sitting in a stark white room, seemingly meditating. His eyes open and he stands, walking to a large rectangular window and we see he’s overlooking the arena. He looks down at the yellow and blue rider.

The blue rider is defeated on the ground and the yellow rider walks toward him. We can see the blue rider’s face, a younger guy. The yellow rider’s face is obscured by a black faceplate. The yellow rider reaches back and grabs his disc from his back.

The blue rider looks scared and says, “Hey! It’s only a game!” The yellow rider’s visor lights up and it’s young Flynn’s face, 1982 Jeff Bridges. He says, “Not anymore,” and then goes for the kill. As he does the screen cuts to black and the title comes up: TR2N.

So sweet!!!

The CG looked like a really high end computer game, almost photo-realistic, but the lightcycle chase was completely nostalgic, hitting all the right notes. It's as advanced as you'd expect jumping from 1982 games to 2008 games... And Flynn's a bad guy! Holy ****!

Alright, be back in a few with images and a rundown (ha) of the RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN panel with Carla Gugino and The Rock!

-Quint

whats truly surprising is the fact that hardly anyone thinks this is a bad idea

Now THIS is cool. Not knowing a movie's being made 'til footage is screened.:word:

Greetings. The Master Control Program has chosen you to serve your system on the Game Grid. Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard substandard training that will result in your eventual elmination. Those of you who renounce this superstitious and hysterical belief will be eligible to join the Warrior Elite of the MCP. Each of you will be given an identity disc. Whatever you do or whatever you learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution. That will be all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"