What did you think of robocop 2?

Robocop 2 is amazing.All of them are on demand right now where I live.3 is eh but 1 and 2 are always going to be amazing.

The thing that really lost me was the fact that the first movie was basically a ghost in the shell type theme. We spent 2 1/2 hours with this character to see him die, resurrect, and regain his humanity. Well, in the board room at OCP he FINALLY regained his humanity. He smiles, he calls himself by his human name.

Then, in Robocop 2, his attitude is once again robotic in nature. The humanity that was part of the driving force in the first film that was eventually gained, was lost in the sequel. To me, that was a big detraction from the character. Granted, Peter Weller still did a fantastic job, but it just wasn't what it was suppose to be.

Great explanation. :up:

Robo 2 was great. hands down.

it wasnt as gritty as 1 but it was still amazing. and i loved the design of Robo-Kane.

with all these film series getting reboots, or new installmants, i hope for a Robo 4 with Weller.

I tried to like it, it had some good action sequences and nice music, but it was too uneven, the heart & soul was lost along the way, the child villain was absurd and the evil shrink lady should have been ripped apart at the end instead of being allowed to live. I still can't believe it was made by the same man who directed the Empire Strikes Back.

I love how we were supposed to feel sorry for that punk kid before he died. He deserved it. With that said, I don't like Robocop 2. A big reason was because of what HUMAN said about Murphy's humanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"