Tron Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRON: LEGACY - Videos of Events Leading to Release

TRON: LEGACY featured one of the most elaborate and interactive marketing campaigns ever created for a movie with it's "Flynn Lives" ARG (alternate reality game) -- which had players involved in the "search" for the character of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), who'd "disappeared" in the year 1989 -- seven years after the events of the first TRON movie. The ARG, which Disney produced with 42 Entertainment: the company who also created the very popular “Why So Serious?” ARG for “The Dark Knight”, featured online gaming activity and large scale promotional ARG tie-in events at Comic-Con in San Diego two years in a row, as well as at Wonder Con in San Francisco. I attended all of these events, as well as a number of other TRON: LEGACY promotional and media events, throughout the time leading up to the movie's release. As a look back on the journey up to TRON: LEGACY's debut, here are a few of the coverage videos I put together which highlighted some of those events.
- Jay

TRON: LEGACY - FLYNN'S ARCADE with LIGHT CYCLE: DAFT PUNK & JOURNEY - COMIC CON 2009
[YT]4rrpx7-OYD0&hd=1[/YT]

TRON: LEGACY - Encom Press Conference in San Francisco with Flynn Lives protest! - Part One
[YT]eBZIDt8iPkQ&hd=1[/YT]

TRON: LEGACY - Encom Press Conference in San Francisco with Flynn Lives protest! - Part Two
[YT]iZ7cOrR9u6c&hd=1[/YT]

TRON: LEGACY 2010 E3 Interactive Booth with TRON: EVOLUTION Video-Game
[YT]zth85_89hdY&hd=1[/YT]

COMI-TRON 2010 HD - TRON: LEGACY - FLYNN'S ARCADE / END OF LINE CLUB - DAFT PUNK
[YT]0zKvHK3T21Q&hd=1[/YT]

COMIC-CON 2010 TRON POP CULTURE REEL - HALL H PANEL
[YT]MwHcaw3Ahxk&hd=1[/YT]

COMI-TRON HD: GARRETT HEDLUND / SAM FLYNN FROM TRON: LEGACY - INTERVIEW
[YT]FfboqypZGC8&hd=1[/YT]

TRON: LEGACY NIGHT - Steven Lisberger Interview & Audience Reaction
[YT]2x-OBZD-pgQ[/YT]

How dare those experienced professionals make informed judgements in their field of expertise when Superher Hype members, with no experience whatsoever, have their own personal favourites to consider! It's a travesty!!!

:hehe:
I have no problem with most of the noms.It's not like I think Tron deserves a best picture nom.I wasn't expecting Daft Punk to win but they did deserve a little recognition as the score is fantastic and just listening to it without the movie is an experience.Also The oscars are known to be political.They have been for a long time.

Sure it sucks no good noms. But alot of films do get snub every yr.

Sure it sucks no good noms. But alot of films do get snub every yr.

The Dark Knight for best picture for one, Nolan as best director for Inception And Zimmer for The Dark Knights Soundtrack.

And very cool picture's Darkb.

Ya cool photos, and I agree it sucks when a good movie/director/etc.... gets royally snubbed.

The Dark Knight for best picture for one, Nolan as best director for Inception And Zimmer for The Dark Knights Soundtrack.

And very cool picture's Darkb.

To be honest I was meh on TDK's score. I honestly felt that it was one of Zimmer's weaker works so I wasn't too hurt by that. It wasn't bad, but Zimmer's done much better.

tron3.jpg

I don't think TDK deserved Best Picture and I don't think Inception deserved Best Director either. Inception should be nominated for Best Editing though.

To be honest, I would've rather have seen The Wrestler nominated for Best Picture than TDK. Nolan should've been nominated for best director for TDK.

If I had to guess why Nolan wasn't nominated for Inception, I would guess that the characters weren't developed enough to warrant a directing nomination. Is it a legit reason, I don't think so, but it could be one of the reasons.

To be honest I was meh on TDK's score. I honestly felt that it was one of Zimmer's weaker works so I wasn't too hurt by that. It wasn't bad, but Zimmer's done much better.

Each to their own, for me its one of his best scores, if not THE best. Why so serious is on its own amazing.

That said i'm a big Batman fan so i'm probably biased, but i know alot of people thought the same thing (about it being disqualified) at the 2009 Oscars announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"