What did you think was the main theme of the movie?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Every movie tends to have a theme, and it tends to be more so in modern CB movies. Spiderman's was responsibility, Batman Begins' was fear, X2's was acceptance and Superman Returns' was alienation (this is was all IMO BTW). Watching Ghost Rider i couldnt help but feel there was one or more theme's running through the movie.

Redemption, Derserving a 2nd chance, Not letting others exploit you and Learning from past mistakes. BUT i couldnt figure out which one of these was the MAIN theme of the movie. I'm thinking it was 'Everyone deserves a 2nd chance.'

What do you guys think?

And please, no bashing, just discussion.

Whatever themes there were got so mangled in the editing process that it's hard to come up with anything conclusive.

Whatever themes there were got so mangled in the editing process that it's hard to come up with anything conclusive.

:whatever: I guess asking for no bashing and just discussion fell on deaf ears.

:whatever: I guess asking for no bashing and just discussion fell on deaf ears.
That wasn't bashing, you spacker.

I merely stated that it's difficult to determine exactly what the themes are due to the manner in which the film was presented theatrically.

That wasn't bashing, you spacker.

I merely stated that it's difficult to determine exactly what the themes are due to the manner in which the film was presented theatrically.

Sounded like bashing to me.

Sounded like bashing to me.
well i guess that would be Your opinion, now wouldnt it. how is it whenever someone says something that doesnt happen to be positive about the movie, you get all sensitive and think that the person is bashing the movie. i mean its not like Fried Gold said it in a manner like how I prob would have. such as, "that movie was so horribly made, its hard to tell what the main theme is." i know everyone has an opinion, and not Every opinion is correct. BUT, that doesnt mean there arent opinions that Are right. if there werent, then there'd be no standards in life.

well i guess that would be Your opinion, now wouldnt it. how is it whenever someone says something that doesnt happen to be positive about the movie, you get all sensitive and think that the person is bashing the movie. i mean its not like Fried Gold said it in a manner like how I prob would have. such as, "that movie was so horribly made, its hard to tell what the main theme is." i know everyone has an opinion, and not Every opinion is correct. BUT, that doesnt mean there arent opinions that Are right. if there werent, then there'd be no standards in life.

I'm not bothered about people saying bad things about the movie, but i specifically asked for no bashing, just discussion in this thread, is that so ****ing hard?

I'm not bothered about people saying bad things about the movie, but i specifically asked for no bashing, just discussion in this thread, is that so ****ing hard?
I WASN'T BASHING, YOU MASSIVE MASSIVE SPASTIC.

Unfortunately, I don't think any theme was strongly suggested in this film. The movie was too confusing and had too many plotholes for anyone to grasp what the theme was. It reminded me of X3. What was the theme of X3?:

Try and save a mentally deranged friend and then when all hope appears to be lost kill her?

If you have the opportunity to get rid of a genetic defect take this opportunity even when there is a strong possibility the defect will come back?:oldrazz:

careful there Theweepeople. Aveitwithjamon might think yer bashing GR by mentioning how it has Too many plotholes, or any at all.

careful there Theweepeople. Aveitwithjamon might think yer bashing GR by mentioning how it has Too many plotholes, or any at all.

That's interesting because If I'm not mistaken I found myself agreeing with Aveitwithjamon on how terrible of a film X3 was in Thelaststand forum. I was pretty sure he was an X3 hater like myself. That's why I think it's really bizzare that he and other X3 haters like Ghostrider. It is still one of the worst comic book movies I've seen in 5 years. Constantine looks like a masterpiece compare to it. Even Catwoman doesn't look as bad now due to the Ghostrider crapfest. Catwoman is arguably worse, has an idiotic plot, but, it didn't have a 100 plotholes like GR and the fight sequences between hero and archenemy were 10X better than GR's pathetic fights:

GR vs. Earth Guy Earth guy hits GR with truck. Earth guy turns his back. GR wraps chain around him. Earth guy dies. Fight over. Lame!!!!!

GR vs. Wind Guy Wind Guy confronts GR on top of building. GR uses hellfire chain and Wind Guy gets to close to it. Fight over. Lamer!!!!

GR vs. Water Guy Water Guy pulls GR into water and forgets that hellfire can burn up anything. Firght over. Even more Lame!!!!

GR vs. Blackheart GR inexplicably learns to control his power during the day. What's even more bizzare is that blackheart forgets that he can teleport to another location to prevent GR from using his pennace stare. Fight over. Lamest!!!!!

Bashing and criticism are not the same.

Bashing and criticism are not the same.

There were a lot of themes running through this film, but one of the biggest in my opinion was one of redemption. Even that message got rather cloudy though, due largely to the spiritual isues and such (heaven vs. hell, evil being used for good, etc.)

The main theme of this movie was that craptacular hacks like Mark Weenie Johnson, Michael Bay, Uwe Boll, and Joel Schumacher will continue to be given millions of dollars to produce inane, uninspired drivel that exists solely to sell toys and merchandise which will litter landfills two months later.

The main theme of GR is that if these directorial hacks had jobs that actually matched their talent, then they would be cleaning reststop bathrooms on the interstate, along with the clueless assclowns who run the major hollywood studios.

The main theme of this movie was that craptacular hacks like Mark Weenie Johnson, Michael Bay, Uwe Boll, and Joel Schumacher will continue to be given millions of dollars to produce inane, uninspired drivel that exists solely to sell toys and merchandise which will litter landfills two months later.

The main theme of GR is that if these directorial hacks had jobs that actually matched their talent, then they would be cleaning reststop bathrooms on the interstate, along with the clueless assclowns who run the major hollywood studios.

Micheal Bay and Joel Schumacher aren't that bad. Joel just doesn't have a clue of how to make these movies. At least these two directors have made some movies that I still love(The Lost Boys, A Time to Kill, and The Rock.).

My comic book movie director, writer, and producer hack list includes the following:

Mark Steven Johnson, Paul WS Anderson, Brett Ratner, Joel Schumacher, Kenneth Johnshon, Tim Pope, Avi Arad, Jon Rogers, Richard Lester, Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Pitof, and Rob Bowman

That's interesting because If I'm not mistaken I found myself agreeing with Aveitwithjamon on how terrible of a film X3 was in Thelaststand forum. I was pretty sure he was an X3 hater like myself. That's why I think it's really bizzare that he and other X3 haters like Ghostrider. It is still one of the worst comic book movies I've seen in 5 years. Constantine looks like a masterpiece compare to it. Even Catwoman doesn't look as bad now due to the Ghostrider crapfest. Catwoman is arguably worse, has an idiotic plot, but, it didn't have a 100 plotholes like GR and the fight sequences between hero and archenemy were 10X better than GR's pathetic fights:

GR vs. Earth Guy Earth guy hits GR with truck. Earth guy turns his back. GR wraps chain around him. Earth guy dies. Fight over. Lame!!!!!

GR vs. Wind Guy Wind Guy confronts GR on top of building. GR uses hellfire chain and Wind Guy gets to close to it. Fight over. Lamer!!!!

GR vs. Water Guy Water Guy pulls GR into water and forgets that hellfire can burn up anything. Firght over. Even more Lame!!!!

GR vs. Blackheart GR inexplicably learns to control his power during the day. What's even more bizzare is that blackheart forgets that he can teleport to another location to prevent GR from using his pennace stare. Fight over. Lamest!!!!!

Yes, i am an X3 hater, one of the biggest IMO, but it still had a theme to it also IMO, which was Power Corrupts. Although, admittedly the theme was lost in the crapness of that movie. I just didnt think GR was that bad, maybe because i have read the comics for a while, and IMO, they some stuff absolutely spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"