What do you think, do we need another Boy Wonder?

I don't want two Batmen and I don't particularly care about new Robins. Might as well just let Damian stay as Robin since he's got the role, he's very young, and Tim's moved on to greener pastures. De-grimdark Tim, put Cass in her Kasumi costume or another identity, have Dick go back to Nightwing, and that's a pretty solid Bat-family along with Steph as Batgirl, Bruce as Batman, Babs as Oracle, and Damian as Robin.
Agreed.

Dick said in the last issue he'd go back to being Nightwing.

Yet some of the fans refuse to accept it and talk about Dick getting killed off. >_<

Dick said in the last issue he'd go back to being Nightwing.

Heh, nice. I like that.

Yet some of the fans refuse to accept it and talk about Dick getting killed off. >_<

Well, just because Dick says he would go back to Nightwing in story doesn't mean he's somehow safe from being killed off :huh:

Heh, nice. I like that.

Well, just because Dick says he would go back to Nightwing in story doesn't mean he's somehow safe from being killed off :huh:

True, but I can't see DC doing that. He's a VERY popular character. And DC never really kill off characters like that...or rather they never kill them off for more than about five minutes

Come on Teardrop, we all know Grant Morrison would never mislead his audience.

True, but I can't see DC doing that. He's a VERY popular character. And DC never really kill off characters like that...or rather they never kill them off for more than about five minutes

Yeah, well, killing a character isn't much nowadays, and he'll be back in a flash. One of the theories I tend to lean towards as far as the future goes is I think Dick is going to end up failing against some threat to prove Bruce Wayne is the only one who can be Batman. Failure doesn't automatically mean death, but it can. I don't particularly see it happening, but I won't be surprised if it does

Come on Teardrop, we all know Grant Morrison would never mislead his audience.

Indubitably
whfwPPOp14028572.gif

*cough*Vic Sage right after a huge explosion in popularity after his appearances in JLU*cough*

Didio has already tried to kill Nightwing and the Fan backlash was so much that he had to kill Connor instead. So Im thinking he will not try it again. Plus There really is NO reason for him to be killed.

Didio has already tried to kill Nightwing and the Fan backlash was so much that he had to kill Connor instead. So Im thinking he will not try it again. Plus There really is NO reason for him to be killed.
That just kind of makes me think he'll try and do it again.

It wasn't fan backlash that changed his decision (after all we only found out about that after the comic was published) it was creator backlash from Waid, Morrison and Johns at the time who just objected to the idea of him being killed very strongly.

So fan backlash.

Didn't they kill Conner because of legal rights too? But yeah apparently Didio has a thing for killing characters.. Atleast thats what Paul Levitz implies on JL: COTE Interview. :p Still we're talking about a NIGHTWING Monthly title that can easily gather what? 40k readers? Depending on the writer+artist ofcourse, but killing him would just be dull because everyone knows he would just make a comeback.. Wheres Bruce thing was explained 1 month after he "died" and it was Morrison's way of ensuring he could write his Different-time-era Batman story. :p

Thats what I was going for Yenaled.

I'll always be down for kid sidekicks. Give me colorful escapism over nitty-gritty realism anyday.

That's kind of the idea I've had for sidekick characters to be honest. Like having the next Robin being more of fun, lighter character who's book was kind of treated as more of a throw back to funner times (not a total return, kind of like some Tom Strong or something). Unfortunately, that kind of stuff doesn't sell so well

That's kind of the idea I've had for sidekick characters to be honest. Like having the next Robin being more of fun, lighter character who's book was kind of treated as more of a throw back to funner times (not a total return, kind of like some Tom Strong or something). Unfortunately, that kind of stuff doesn't sell so well

It'd make for an awesome Elseworlds tale or something that takes place in one of the 52 universes.

It pretty much was Tim Drake's status quo before Identity Crisis. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"