Days of Future Past What do you want FOX to show at this year COMIC CON?

The hype will start once they show up in Comic-Con.

And if the people/press are surprised by DOFP's unannounced panel, who will get the most attention from the press/Comic-Con attendees? of course it will be DOFP.

I think people will be as surprised at DOFP being presented at Fox's panel as they were about learning who the bad guy turned out to be in Star Trek Into Darkness (in other words, not surprised at all), which is why it seems silly that they're not just saying so now.

Will it all work out in the end? Probably. But now it just seems silly.

I just came here to complain about Fox not announcing their panels but you people seem to have it covered :D

Oh,wait...

"20th Century Fox will present at Comic Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 20th from 4:15pm-5:45pm in Hall H. The studio has yet to announce presentation details, but many are expecting panels for both THE WOLVERINE (which releases the following week) and X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (which releases before Comic Con 2014).

In February, Bryan Singer hinted at attending the event, tweeting…
"

http://x-menfilms.com/2013/07/07/20...-july-20-spot-for-comiccon-xmen-thewolverine/

It starts at 16:15.

Last edited:
From HitFix - most anticipated Comic-Con movies ("Catching Fire" is #2 and "Gravity" is #1).

3. 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'/'The Wolverine' Time: 4:15pm - 5:45pm on Saturday
Expected Talent: Director Bryan Singer and at least Hugh Jackman (not confirmed) and Jennifer Lawrence (she'll already be there for 'Catching Fire')
No. 1 question we want to ask: Can we start a kickstarter campaign to get Storm's hair right? Please?
Why: 20th Century Fox is trying to be coy about which films will be previewed at their presentation this year, but it's an open secret "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is a big part of the show. Moreover, with "The Wolverine" opening the next Friday and Jackman in both films it's hard to imagine Jean Valjean not singing his way to San Diego. With Matthew Vaughn off the project many are curious how Singer's style will mesh with the new blood from "First Class." Throw in some choice edited scenes and "Days of Future Past" may jump to the list of the most anticipated films of 2014. Maybe.
- Gregory Ellwood
http://www.hitfix.com/news/most-ant...els-of-2013-catching-fire-veronica-mars-x-men

I'm pretty sure DOFP will get the most attention in Comic-Con! This might be the 1st time that we will see the original cast and the First Class cast together!

^^If they can do that it will create a huge buzz much like Marvel's Avengers panel did.:woot:

A number of people connected to DOFP/The Wolverine will be attending other panels at the Con:
Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 Panel

Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers), Brian Tee (The Wolverine), Ian Anthony Dale (Mortal Kombat: Legacy), Samantha Jo (Mortal Kombat: Legacy), and Ed Boon (creator of Mortal Kombat) join series creator and director Kevin Tancharoen (Mortal Kombat: Legacy), producer Lance Sloane (Mortal Kombat: Legacy/Act of Valor), and Machinima's executive vice president of network programming Aaron DeBevoise for an in-depth discussion about the highly anticipated second season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy, set to premiere exclusively on Machinima, the number one global video entertainment brand for young males. Moderated by Matt Atchity, editor-in-chief of Rotten Tomatoes.com, don't miss your chance to see exclusive, never-before-seen footage and hear from cast members about the second season of the groundbreaking show that has been called one of the most successful web series of all time.
Thursday July 18, 2013 6:00pm - 7:00pm
The Anatomy of Superhero Film Music: Bringing a Comic Book to Life

Leading Hollywood film directors and composers-including composer Marco Beltrami with director James Mangold (The Wolverine), composer Brian Tyler with director Shane Black (Iron Man 3), composer Henry Jackman (X-Men: First Class, Captain America: Winter Soldier) with director Matthew Vaughn (X-Men: First Class), composer Christopher Lennertz (Marvel: Agent Carter), composer John Debney (Iron Man 2, Sin City) and music supervisor Dave Jordan (The Avengers)-discuss the creation of the musical voice behind the hero. Following in tradition with a long-running franchise, the panelists will explore the challenges faced when bringing a comic book character to life and giving that character a voice. Additionally, composers will discuss working with directors and how they work together to convey the story of the character. Composers will discuss creating a theme, transforming the theme throughout the storyline, and following the often uphill battle that our heroes travel. All panelists will show examples of their work. With Q&A moderated by Ray Costa (award-winning journalist/ CEO of Costa Communications, a leading film music public relations firm).
Thursday July 18, 2013 10:30am - 11:30am
Room 6A
The Casting Society of America Presents: The Casting Directors

Moderated by Lora Kennedy (Warner Brothers, EVP, features casting; CD, Man of Steel). With a panel that includes Roger Mussenden (X-Men: Days of Future Past), Sharon Bialy (The Walking Dead), David Rapaport (Arrow), Randi Hiller (VP of casting for Walt Disney Studio, The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor), these leading casting directors will give behind-the-scenes insight to the casting process.
Friday July 19, 2013 2:20pm - 3:20pm
The Following Special Video Presentation and Q&A

Hit thriller The Following returns to Comic-Con for a second year, this time bringing the bacon to Ballroom 20. Series stars Kevin Bacon (Mystic River), Shawn Ashmore (X- Men: The Last Stand) and Valorie Curry (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2) join creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson (Scream) and executive producer Marcos Siega (The Vampire Diaries) for a Q&A and video presentation.Season 1 left a number of casualties in its wake, including Jacob's emotional killing of Paul, the kidnapping of Agent Parker that ended in her death, and Emma's murder of Jacob. The explosive finale featured the highly anticipated face-off between Ryan and Carroll, ending in Carroll's ultimate demise and leaving Ryan's true love, Claire, hanging on for her life. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Outerbanks Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, The Following's second season premieres midseason on FOX.
Friday July 19, 2013 3:15pm - 4:00pm
Wolves
A sneak peek at David Hayter's directorial debut, the action werewolf thriller Wolves, followed by a Q&A panel with David Hayter (X-Men, X2, Watchmen) and stars Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) and Lucas Till (X-Men:First Class).
Friday July 19, 2013 3:45pm - 4:45pm
Poppin' Some Tags

Celebrity costume designers from Costume Designers Guild IATSE Local 892 dish the dirt on designing and bringing to fruition the costumes for today's hottest blockbusters. Featured panelists are Trish Summerville (Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Gary Jones (Oz, the Great and Powerful), Christine Bieslin-Clark (TRON, Watchmen, 300), Isis Mussenden (Wolverine, Chronicles of Narnia), and Mayes Rubeo (WWZ, Avatar). Moderated by actor Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Sons of Anarchy).
Saturday July 20, 2013 4:30pm - 5:30pm
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule

The film music panel looks interesting and i hope they are going to make some kind of announcement at the Con regarding a new X-Men animated series. Because that's long over due IMO.:o

Fox doesn't have the animated rights.Marvel does.Since Marvel canned Wolverine and the X-Men they haven't had much intrest In X-Men animated save for those awful Anime projects.

there is a new x-men animated show in development.

Fox doesn't have the animated rights.Marvel does.Since Marvel canned Wolverine and the X-Men they haven't had much intrest In X-Men animated save for those awful Anime projects.

It's a shame Wolverine and the X-men got canceled. Save for the title i really liked that show and it ended on a huge cliffhanger too.:argh:
there is a new x-men animated show in development.

Good news if true!:yay:
^^I've never even been and i find it exciting.:woot:

JP and others who are attending are lucky.

Lucky if I can get in the panel, haha!

Legendary pictures already promoting Godzilla panel on San Diego streets:

BOmgQ9yCMAA1Tus.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...godzilla-has-already-made-a-mark-in-san-diego

- Same as Marvel with The Shield:

trolley1-625.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...gents-of-shield-takes-over-san-diego-trolleys

COMIC-CON 2013: HBO ANNOUNCES FULL ‘GAME OF THRONES’ AND ‘TRUE BLOOD’ PANEL PLANS

We’re just over a week away from the big show itself, but two of the most important TV pieces of Comic-Con 2013 have finally fallen into place. HBO has announced its full panel and guest roster plans for their massive ‘Game of Thrones‘ panel, along with ‘True Blood”s sixth year and events for Cinemax series ‘Banshee‘ and ‘Strike Back,’ as well. So, who can fans expect to see in San Diego this year?

The ‘Game of Thrones’ panel will pack the seats of Hall H on Friday, Jul. 19 at 2:50 p.m., and include such guests as executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, series creator George R.R. Martin and cast members John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Rose Leslie (Ygritte) and Richard Madden (Robb Stark). Given the events of “The Rains of Castamere,” fans will no doubt relish another chance to see Robb and Catelyn once more in the flesh.

Meanwhile, ‘True Blood’ will spurt out its panel in Ballroom 20 at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, featuring appearances from executive producer Brian Buckner and cast members Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam), Anna Camp (Sarah Newlin), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette), Rob Kazinsky (Ben/Warlow), Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse), Joe Manganiello (Alcide), Michael McMillian (Steve Newlin), Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton), Anna Paquin (Sookie Stackhouse), Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte), Rutina Wesley (Tara) and Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica). Who knows, maybe Janina Gavankar will crash the proceedings once more!

Finally, Comic-Con newbie ‘Banshee’ and returning ‘Strike Back’ will hold their panels on Friday and Saturday in Room 6A at 7:15 p.m. and Room 6DE at 7:00 p.m., respectively.

We’ll be on hand for both ‘True Blood’ and ‘Game of Thrones,’ so what say you? What secrets will either HBO cast reveal at the big show this year?

Filed Under: Banshee, Comic-Con, Comic-Con 2013, Game of Thrones, HBO, Strike Back, True Blood
Category: TV News

http://screencrush.com/comic-con-2013-hbo-game-of-thrones-true-blood/

I hope Peter stays one more day and Anna is able to atend DOFP panel.

Entertainment weekly is releasing three covers for different movies in anticipation of Comic Con, which include Carry, Ender's game and Amazing Spiderman 2, with Spidey and Electro on the cover:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...tro-land-on-the-cover-of-entertainment-weekly

On other hand, Godzilla viral marketing has begun: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177993-the-viral-marketing-for-godzilla-begins

In the meantime, we are waiting for a X-Men panel official announcement :funny:

I love to be a X-Men fan :D

Entertainment weekly is releasing three covers for different movies in anticipation of Comic Con, which include Carry, Ender's game and Amazing Spiderman 2, with Spidey and Electro on the cover:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...tro-land-on-the-cover-of-entertainment-weekly

On other hand, Godzilla viral marketing has begun: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177993-the-viral-marketing-for-godzilla-begins

In the meantime, we are waiting for a X-Men panel official announcement :funny:

I love to be a X-Men fan :D

Save for an official Comic-Con announcement, which I would like at some point, I can do without the rest (for now). No need to hurry and advertise Days of Future Past 10 months out while still trying to advertise The Wolverine 3 weeks away.

I get that, I honestly do.

Its just that its starting to look like Fox is the last on the game.... again.

Lucky if I can get in the panel, haha!

Push your way through that line if you have to!lol
I get that, I honestly do.

Its just that its starting to look like Fox is the last on the game.... again.

How things have changed.....a few years back this would be have been unimaginable. That been said, Fox is really ramping up the promotion of The Wolverine over here. I went to see After Earth on Tuesday night and noticed that my local cinemaplex is full of The Wolverine posters plus they played the new trailer before the movie too. Maybe this is their strategy to avoid getting lost in the market the big-budget movies?

Im sure the marketing campaign of DOFP will be the heviest from ALL X-Men movies to date, but.... you know, would be cool if they did something before all the other studios.

I know, Singer has been promoting the movie via twitter, thats cool, but Im talking about the studio.

We already have a Captain America sequel poster and a Spiderman 2 magazine cover (same as official stills), and Guardians of the galaxy concept art since last year!

I just hope Fox panel is AWESOME to say the least, and the teaser poster and trailer arrive week after.

If not, they will start to piss me off a bit, hehe.

Push your way through that line if you have to!lol

Do it for us, JP!! Don't people have to camp out just to get into Hall H (or wherever it is that the panels are held)?

How things have changed.....a few years back this would be have been unimaginable. That been said, Fox is really ramping up the promotion of The Wolverine over here. I went to see After Earth on Tuesday night and noticed that my local cinemaplex is full of The Wolverine posters plus they played the new trailer before the movie too. Maybe this is their strategy to avoid getting lost in the market the big-budget movies?

My theater currently has a billboard, a regular poster, a giant poster, and a bunch of standees for The Wolverine, and I've seen trailers before World War Z and Iron Man 3.

They're also doing an advanced screening/fan event for The Wolverine at the AMC Empire 25 on 7/23. Hugh's gonna be there! (and so am I!) :woot:

I too would like at least a teaser from CC but alas idt that will happen...

Do it for us, JP!! Don't people have to camp out just to get into Hall H (or wherever it is that the panels are held)?

My theater currently has a billboard, a regular poster, a giant poster, and a bunch of standees for The Wolverine, and I've seen trailers before World War Z and Iron Man 3.

They're also doing an advanced screening/fan event for The Wolverine at the AMC Empire 25 on 7/23. Hugh's gonna be there! (and so am I!) :woot:
There's a big old Wolverine billboard hovering in the sky at 51st and 7th Avenue in Manhattan - I was going to take a photo of it but got pissed off at all the tourists coming out of the "Wicked" matinee and taking their sweet old time when I had to make my train and stopping to take photos and "look honey, there's Times Square!!!" so I just made my escape underground. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"