What got you into Batman?

Well my brother was a HUGE Batman fan and ever since I was a little girl he'd share his love with me. I really started liking Batman when I started reading the newer comics and watched the kids show Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. :D

Batman: Arkham Asylum.
I got that game in 2010, and I've loved Batman ever since.

Wait, that's only a year ago, so...
YOU'RE ALL BIGGER FANS THAN ME!
*sobs*

Btw, even tho my first Batman comics that started my loyal fandom was 1989's Detective Comics #596, I already knew Joker before that since I first saw him in 1987's Superman #9. Funny, I met Joker in a Superman comic

I would say

Super Powers Collection action figures --> reruns of 1966 Batman show + 1966 movie --> 1989 movie --> Toy Biz and Kenner action figures --> Batman Returns --> Batman: The Animated Series

The 60's show introduced me to Batman (which I later grew out of) But it was Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle that made me LOVE Batman

When I was a kid I thought Batman and Superman was the same person
in fact I remenbered copying a Batman poster in an old french magazine Pif gadget
and I wrote superman under it and hang it on my bedroom wall.

But i haven't been into batman for quite some times ,first of all because
they made him something that he is not
Batman the ultimate "Superhero" he can wipe out anybody huh!

can you imaging being in a univers where superhumans can shatter mountains with their fist ,change the course of mighty rivers with a wave of their hand
move stars in the sky with a single thought
and you would chose the Batman
I don't think you would last no matter what.

Looking through the topic just shows how important that media portrayals are to the comic book scene. I'm sure I was introduced to Batman through the excellent animated series and I got into comics in general through Batman. It was pretty much a slippery slope, BTAS got me into Batman, and through Batman I got into DC comics, and through that I started expanding my horizons to Marvel characters and other comic books outside of the big two.

In fact...when my nephew gets old enough to start noticing things (he's only a few months now) I'm gonna try to pull him into Batman....

Last edited:
I think I was introduced to Batman either through the 1989 movie or the 60s tv series. I can't remember.

I probably became a fan around the time of Batman Returns.

ive loved batman since i was a year old. so that makes it almost 20 years a Bat-fan :woot:

Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin.

Just kidding. I watched Batman TAS as a kid which made me a fan and got me into the comics and movies.

The 60's show. That got me into it. I also used to watch the movies just about every week :p

B:TAS was really got me interested...BR was the first Batman movie I saw, then I watched B89. Then I saw the terrible Schumacher films...Over the years I collected a lot of Batman comics, but now as a teenager and adult I started reading the graphic novels.

Early 60's comics (pre Adam West) that my
Mom brought me home from the drugstore one day. (No such thing as a comic book store back then)

We must be brothers.....that's what my mom did for me in '63.

I've loved batman since Tas and Mask of the Phantasm.

My fandom must have started in '83-'84 with the Super Powers action figures and Super Friends reruns. Which were probably on Bozo the Clown. Batman '89 kick started it again when I was 10. And Begins renewed my fandom that had lapsed with the combination of an affinity with X-Men comics and the horror that was B&R.

First it was a Batman action figure I got as a gift.
But what really got me into it was Batman Forever and Batman & Robin :/

Leave me alone, I was four.

The Tim Burton movies. But I've never really been a pure Batman fan, which I suppose you could blame on the movies too. The basics are the same, a millionaire becomes a Bat-themed crime fighter because his parents were murdered in front of him, but obviously Batman himself is different. I've never really been able to get into the comics. It's not because of the no-kill rule either. I don't expect Batman to go around murdering his rogues gallery. But other than that, there's a difference in the tone and feel, and a difference in Batman's attitude. I guess I like Batman as a man of a few words, and to me, the comics Batman is a talker, kindof external. He speaks his mind and he seems very human because of it. Burton's Batman is emotionless, quiet and intense. It's not the better interpretation necessarily, just what I was first introduced to and my personal preference.

The Killing Joke and The Long Halloween.
I asked the leading comic book store in my home town Aachen (deep in the west of Germany) about the best Batman books and they gave me this two (English speaking originals). I loved them and became a Batman fan.

I have to say that it was The Dark Knight. But I remember watching BTAS as a child and that was by far my favorite cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"