What got you into Batman?

That's right, after years of inactivity, this thread is getting a bump. Surely we've had many more Batfans want to tell their origin story.

Oh yeah, as for my nephew that was a few months old in 2012, turns out he is more into Spider-Man... go figure.

My dad. He's a big comic book fan and he got me into comics. Once I started reading about the Bat I was done :ilv: The animated series just threw it to an entirely different level.

For some reason I was crazy to get my hands on a hard to get copy of The Killing Joke in the 1988. I dangled a $100 bill in the window of a closed comic book shop late one night that I knew still had a copy. I then bought Legends of the Dark Knight for a few years. This was when the graphic novel style was first gaining popularity.

Batman the Animated Series. My parents taped every episode and wanted to watch them all along with me because they were so good.

Superfriends, Scooby-Doo, and 1966 TV series.

I might have watched the 60s series first, I believe they were being rerun on the Family Channel(what Freeform used to be) around the time Batman 89 came out.

I only had a vague knowledge of Batman from the Super Friends and the '66 TV show but in 1987 I happened upon a Spanish Batman comic reprint with art by Gene Colan in which Batman fights and gets bitten by the Vampire Monk turning Bats into a vampire that scared the crap out of me making me a fan for life.

I think it was Batman Forever, I think that was the first movie I saw in theaters and I really loved it, the action, fun characters, story. TAS and/or MotP were also early and probably came soon after.

It's a new year, so might as well bring this thread up to see if we have new people who wish to share the progenitor to their fandom of the Bat.

For me when Batman Begins came out I loved it and then checked out the 1989 Batman movie and it sort of snowballed from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"