What if Joel Schumacher directed a Justice League movie?

he is a good director but he blew his chance, i doubt people would take the movie seriously
It's possible though that WB wouldn't trust him with another project like this.

I think Batman would be back in nipples, and so would the other characters like Superman, Green Lantern, and Flash.
All the costumes would be rubbery,
miss casted actors,
and the whole movie (plot, acting, villians, and film style) would be over the top campy.

Think back to the cheesyness of the Mr. Freeze movie.

Seariously though, I think he would either try and bring back the campy and cheesy brightly colorful fun of the JLA comics from the past, or bring back the campyness of the old Superman and Batman TV shows, and movies. (yes, exactly, a live action Super Friends. But maybe not as widely liked as Superfriends.)
or
After becoming such a joke of the superhero movie would, he would go the opposite direction and make a ultra super realistic and dark JLA movie.
With more serious acting, action, storyline, and overall mood of the film.

i'd scream for about a few minutes, then kill my self

It really depends how much control WB gives him. Contrary to popular belief Joel Shumacher is a very talented director and COULD HAVE made a very good Batman movie if Warner Brothers didn't water him down.

Stuff like the nipples were Joel's own ideas from what I hear. And while he realized his mistake on B&R, it doesn't sound like he thinks he did much wrong with BF. And we all know that movie still had its share of problems. And then there is still those rumors we heard for Batman Triumphant, which was supposed to be Joel's redemption but still contained some alleged stupid stuff. I actually don't give Joel too much flack because I do think he's a good director, but he obviously doesn't put too much thought into comic books movies. He probably knows better then to make JLA a live-action Super Friends at this point, but it probably still wouldn't be as good or as accurate the more forgiving fans think it will be.

Man that name should be made a law on the boards to never be mentioned again far less for creating a thread about that name.

They aren't going to let him anywhere near it.

he is a good director but he blew his chance, i doubt people would take the movie seriously

I doubt most people outside of whiney fanboys would remember Batman and Robin or who Joel Shumacher is and would probably see it and take it for what it is.

Stuff like the nipples were Joel's own ideas from what I hear. And while he realized his mistake on B&R, it doesn't sound like he thinks he did much wrong with BF. And we all know that movie still had its share of problems. And then there is still those rumors we heard for Batman Triumphant, which was supposed to be Joel's redemption but still contained some alleged stupid stuff. I actually don't give Joel too much flack because I do think he's a good director, but he obviously doesn't put too much thought into comic books movies. He probably knows better then to make JLA a live-action Super Friends at this point, but it probably still wouldn't be as good or as accurate the more forgiving fans think it will be.

I agree, the nipples were a bad idea, but I think Shumacher simply wanted to express Batman was muscular. Obviously Warners wanted a big name, and someone like Val Kilmer or George Clooney are not going to be bothered to buff up for the role. Is it a bad solution? God yes, but its a solution to the problem he had.

As for him not admitting much is wrong with BF...well...there isn't. It was a pretty bad movie compared to Batman Begins, but Warners wanted a family film, and that is what he gave them and by those standards, he didn't do a bad job.

What if NightWarrior didnt spam worthless threads, always about Joel Shumacher? Im starting to think he has a mancrush on him....

The real joke is the fact that we'd still all flock to the theatre just to see how bad it turned out...

You know you would...deep down.

CFE

p.s. I do agree with Matt though. Schumacher has done some exceptional work before, and if Warners weren't such a**holes about it, and the entire situation was just handled with better care from all those involved as opposed to Batman, I think Schumacher could pull it off.

But Warner's won't take a chance like that again. Schumacher, Richard Lester and Pitof are all on their Blacklist for comic films.

RaveClub.jpg

The Watchtower

i would not watch it. i know this is petty, but since the bat-films, i cannot watch any schumacher film. new or old. i don't know why. even if the concept sounds cool (that 23 flick) as soon as i see his name, i lose intrest. is something wrong with me?

I agree, the nipples were a bad idea, but I think Shumacher simply wanted to express Batman was muscular. Obviously Warners wanted a big name, and someone like Val Kilmer or George Clooney are not going to be bothered to buff up for the role. Is it a bad solution? God yes, but its a solution to the problem he had.

That's no excuse; George Clooney was not the name he is now. He was a tv star.

i would not watch it. i know this is petty, but since the bat-films, i cannot watch any schumacher film. new or old. i don't know why. even if the concept sounds cool (that 23 flick) as soon as i see his name, i lose intrest. is something wrong with me?

Have you watched any Jim Carrey film since Forever? What about any old Arnold film? Do you lose interest then?

Have you watched any Jim Carrey film since Forever? What about any old Arnold film? Do you lose interest then?

yeah. i really liked "man on the moon". "truman show" was good, too. arnold..... no. i think the last arnold film i really enjoyed was "T2". before that, it was "twins", then "T1".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"