What If Wolverine had delivered the death blow to the skrull queen and not Osborn?

Sentry2k2

Civilian
Reaction score
I recently reread secret invasion, and in issue #8 it was looked as if Wolverine was going to deliver the death blow to the Skrull Queen before Osborn got his kill shot in. What do you think would have happened if Wolverine had indeed delivered the deathblow seen across the world?

Honestly, I doubt anything would've happened. Everything would be just as it was before the Dark Reign.

Hero saves the day. Business as usual, ya know?

Next question.

Deadpool would have been less pissed off...

Most likely will be a What If? issue concerning that down the road.

Wolverine couldnt have defeated the Queen right? It takes more than an adamantum fist to kill her

Johnny Storm should have killed her and then he would have ruled da world from Hooters.

:ff: :ff: :ff:

What do you think would have happened if Wolverine had indeed delivered the deathblow seen across the world?

People would hate mutants even more. It's just how "logic" operates in the marvel universe.

The Dark Avengers would consist of Deadpool, Omega Red, Romulus, Lady Deathstrike, and Cyclops. Their first mission would be to do battle with a terrorist on the surface of the sun.

People would hate mutants even more. It's just how "logic" operates in the marvel universe.
I think you're absolutely right. Did you read the X-Men tie-in to Secret Invasion? There were people who thought the X-Men were in on the alien invasion while the X-Men were saving them.

^^Heh heh. Now that's funny.

I did read it but I don't remember jack about it, really. Pretty forgettable story.

Yeah, it was when the Skrulls and X-Men were at a stalemate of sorts. The X-Men were guarding a bunch of citizens in buildings across the city. The Skrulls didn't know where to find the X-Men at all. The Skrulls made this huge broadcast, asking the X-Men to step out and surrender, or they'll start firing on random office buildings. In one building, some idiot actually said something like "I bet those mutants are working with the aliens!" Granted, some other random guy called him out on how stupid that sounds.

I think you're absolutely right. Did you read the X-Men tie-in to Secret Invasion? There were people who thought the X-Men were in on the alien invasion while the X-Men were saving them.

Basically. The average Marvel citizen, and in collections such as their Marvel media and political elite, have nothing but fear, contempt, paranoia, and hatred towards anyone who is genuinely noble regardless of what they are; mutants get the worst of it, but lord knows the Marvel public has turned on the Four or the Avengers for the flimsiest of reasons. Meanwhile, anyone who is genuinely wicked, so long as they make token promises to the people and basically are less obvious than, I don't know, Metal Master (an alien villain who would literally show up on Earth and declare himself ruler while going on a rampage), are usually beloved and trusted beyond most superheroes.

People criticize DC's society as being too slavish for superheroes, but let's think about this. In real life, athletes & big actors are treated like gods, and they almost have to murder a child on public access TV to be fired or dismissed by a majority of fans and the media. Same with many actors. Therefore, is it SO unrealistic than a genuine superhero would be treated at least 25% as well by the media as, say, one of the Baldwins? Plaxico Burress was a Super-Bowl hero; he also owned an illegal handgun, brought it to a club, and had his teammate as well as hospital staff cover it up when it accidentally fired. There were PLENTY in the media who just wanted him to get a slap on the wrist; and still feel it was "unfair" of him to plead guilty to serve 20 months (for a crime where mandatory sentencing in NYC is about 3 years). Again, he PLAYS FOOTBALL. You are telling me is it totally unrealistic for someone who genuinely saves the city and even the world wouldn't be privy to some at least sane media treatment? Come the **** on. Michael Vick is with the Eagles and we all know what he did, and you bet Eagles fans will cheer him on. But Captain America wouldn't ever get the benefit of any doubt. Please.

Now, maybe museums to honor superheroes is a bit much, but there must be some happy medium.

At any rate, had Wolverine defeated Veranke on National TV instead of Norman Osborn:

- The X-Men would be assumed to have been in on the Invasion.
- Wolverine would be wanted for murder, having assassinated Veranke without due process. It would be the only time in his 100+ year life anyone demanded accountability from him when he wasted someone.
- All superheroes by association with Wolverine would be considered Evil.
- Sabretooth would have been elected President.
- The same public that assumes police are always guilty in any shooting/arrest that involves anyone who is of ethnic minority would be perfectly happy with Sentinel robots destroying entire neighborhoods for the chance to kill a mutant in broad daylight without trial (regardless of the fact that there are many mutants who are themselves ethnic minorities, and Sentinels are often made/controlled by evil rich white men).
- Spider-Man would still happen to forget that he used to disapprove of Wolverine killing people. The 1990's actually at least got THAT right.
- Written by Bendis, all dialogue would still read like it was intended for Twitter or Text Messaging by people who are slow witted or deaf, not actual comics.
"Logan killed Veranke!"
"Killed?"
"Yes."
"Veranke?"
"Yes."
"Logan?"
"Yes."
"Yes?"
"Yes."
"Yahtzee!"
- The WOLVERINE film still would have underperformed.

The real sad part, Dread, is you probably just channeled Bendis perfectly. :(

However, what most likely would've happened? Daredevil would've probably gotten the shaft somehow. Even though it's unrelated, he'd somehow get pulled into that.

However on the Bendis part, you probably forgot:

"So, if she's a queen, does she lay eggs like an ant or something?"

"Not sure."

Last edited:
The real sad part, Dread, is you probably just channeled Bendis perfectly. :(

I should, considering I read years of his USM and NA. The sheer pages and pages of elongated and worthless conversation he "writes", often with figuring one paragraph and then using COPY & PASTE to make it last a few pages, could probably be considered torture under legal definitions. Call it Blabber-Boarding. :D

He calls it real life dialogue. But... I just don't KNOW anybody who actually talks like that, and I've met quite a few people. You figure one person, out of the hundreds I must've come across would talk like that. :(

hmmmm i think instead of H.A.M.M.E.R we would have got C.L.A.W.( CENTER for LYCANTHROPIC ARMED WORKERS) where the dress code would be mutton chops,that pointed Haircut my boy has and white wifebeaters and cigars. Dum DUM Dugun might really like that. all memories would be implanted and no work would ever get done since all the members would have to escape to the great White North and run around naked in it.
Take off Eh Hosers!:cwink:

Plus every member of C.L.A.W. would have to belong to at least 20 other organizations, and somehow be able to do it all simultaneously.

He'd probably name his group S.N.I.K.T.

gsuxmfs_wolvie2.jpg

I think we'd still have Dark Reign of some sort. Maybe not with Osborn, but someone. Whoever killed Veranke, Iron Man (and likely his entire administrative staff, including Hill) would've still been ousted from SHIELD and new leadership would've been named. Wolverine certainly ain't gonna take that job and probably wouldn't give a s*** about the publicity the public execution garnered him; he'd just go back to life as usual with the X-Men, Avengers, and everyone else under the sun. That'd leave a power vacuum in SHIELD and whoever filled it would've presumably had the same carte blanche to reshape the organization in their image that Norman got. And, since it's the Marvel universe, we know nobody decent would've gotten the position.

Wow, and here I was going to say that it might make mutants look good and heroic, but I forgot how ridiculous the civilians in the Marvel universe are...I'm too naive. :csad:
He'd probably name his group S.N.I.K.T.

gsuxmfs_wolvie2.jpg

That....that's brilliant! Where's that from?

Wolverine: First Class, I believe. The only Wolverine comic worth reading. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"