What is "Micheal"?

Speedball

Don't. Blink.
Reaction score
What is this guy?
He's in the current New Avengers story, and is kicking everyone's asses.
At the End of the current issue, they gave me the hint that he was the combination of all the Powers lost in the House of M.
did anyone else get this feeling?
when he loses, will the mutants get there power back?
God i hope so.

SpeedballLives said:
What is this guy?
At the End of the current issue, they gave me the hint that he was the combination of all the Powers lost in the House of M.
God i hope so.
i think hes the character some posters have been calling the "collective"

oh, yeah, thats right. the avengers are looking for Micheal.
still WTF is he?

He's a postman from Alaska that was imbued with the Mutant Energies that were stripped from the other mutants that lost their powers.

ok, so whats gonna happen when he gets defeated?
will all the Mutant energies go back to their original owners?
or will they be lost until the Scarlet Witch returns?
what are your thoughts, i'm not really looking for an answer, because i know whats going on, just wanna see your opinions.

I actually thought this was in the wrong forum; dark Horse publishes a manga called "What is Michael?" Funny how that worked out.

I don't read NA, but maybe... Michael Morbius?

I could see this guy become a lab experiment for awhile. The NA will defeat but he just sits around in a lab while people try to release the energy from him.

He'll eventually die or be deprived of his powers so they can go back to the mutants who originally had them. It's only a matter of time before the mutants regain their powers.

The last thing the world needs is a postman with the powers of all mutants. :(

Not all. Just most. What I don't get is why having all their powers made him gigantic and fiery.

He might eventually be used as the catalyst for mutants getting their powers back, but I don't think it will happen at the end of this arc or any time soon. Joe Q has said a number of times, some of those recently, that depowered mutants will stay depowered.

'Course, then there's Iceman and Polaris and Quicksilver and everyone in Quicksilver's book right in front of us...

TheCorpulent1 said:
Not all. Just most. What I don't get is why having all their powers made him gigantic and fiery.
Well he recieved all those powers in an instant and he seems to be struggling for control. It appears like the powers are controlling his actions more then he is. When he stopped to talk to Iron Man he may have even been asking for help.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Joe Q said "dead is dead" once upon a time too, didn't he? :p
He also told me he'd love me forever. :(

But now I'm pregnaunt and alone. Damn you Joey Da Q'! :mad:

Just trying to narrow down exactly what attracted you to those dead, soulless eyes. :)

SpeedballLives said:
What is this guy?
God i hope so.
To be serious, "Micheal", as others have stated, is some postman from Alaska who has been imbued with all of the powers of every mutant who lost their abilities in M-Day. It builds on the "energy cannot be created or destroyed" logic from HOM #7. Because, you see, because comic writers only know elementary science, the MU is ruled by elementary science. Sort of like when Spider-Man uses his "genius" to figure out some science trick that any A-student in 8th grade knows to beat Hydro-Man or something.

To be critical, Micheal, or "The Collective", is a walking plot device, not unlike Doomsday was in the 90's DEATH OF SUPERMAN series. He has no personality, no motive, even a rather basic, general design. He merely serves to attack what the story says to attack, kill who the story says to kill, and what not. And naturally he is nearly omnipotent with all that power, meaning the NA will either:

1). Talk him down.
2). Some "character from nowhere", possibly Daisy, will appear, beat Micheal with no effort, and explain the situation (don't laugh, Bendis pulled this trick with DISASSEMBLED and SECRET WAR).
3). They pool together their collective skills/experience/genius and figure out something superheroy and terrific to do.

Personally, I feel it would have been cooler if all those powers had instead went into a C-Lister Avenger foe, maybe Whirlwind or something, so that this new cosmic threat would actually have a personality, a motive, dialogue, etc.

But at least the team is assembled, and all the powers of mutants who, mostly, are reletively replaceable to the X-mythos, went somewhere. And this is probably the book's best arc, which isn't saying much.

Dread said:
To be serious, "Micheal", as others have stated, is some postman from Alaska who has been imbued with all of the powers of every mutant who lost their abilities in M-Day. It builds on the "energy cannot be created or destroyed" logic from HOM #7. Because, you see, because comic writers only know elementary science, the MU is ruled by elementary science. Sort of like when Spider-Man uses his "genius" to figure out some science trick that any A-student in 8th grade knows to beat Hydro-Man or something.

To be critical, Micheal, or "The Collective", is a walking plot device, not unlike Doomsday was in the 90's DEATH OF SUPERMAN series. He has no personality, no motive, even a rather basic, general design. He merely serves to attack what the story says to attack, kill who the story says to kill, and what not. And naturally he is nearly omnipotent with all that power, meaning the NA will either:

1). Talk him down.
2). Some "character from nowhere", possibly Daisy, will appear, beat Micheal with no effort, and explain the situation (don't laugh, Bendis pulled this trick with DISASSEMBLED and SECRET WAR).
3). They pool together their collective skills/experience/genius and figure out something superheroy and terrific to do.

Personally, I feel it would have been cooler if all those powers had instead went into a C-Lister Avenger foe, maybe Whirlwind or something, so that this new cosmic threat would actually have a personality, a motive, dialogue, etc.

But at least the team is assembled, and all the powers of mutants who, mostly, are reletively replaceable to the X-mythos, went somewhere. And this is probably the book's best arc, which isn't saying much.

Hmm, makes much more sense now. Very interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"