new avengers - it's that damn noob again!

What ever happened to the "return the escaped prisoners" story? I thought that was the reason NA was put together in the first place. Count Nefaria broke Peter's wrist and nobody's mentioned him again.

Actually it was Jigsaw that broke Pete's wrist in the riot.(which was a mistake because Finch didn't know how one of those dudes from the wrecking crew looked.)

Yeah, I realized my mistake the second I posted. :up: Nefaria just blasted the bajeezus out of him and made him fall in the whole.

That's a great point, actually. Why haven't they gone after the people they were FORMED to go after?

They have. They went after Sauron and they went after the Silver Samurai. But, you know, other s**t got in the way. Like Sentry's crazy ass. And the Collective.

Anubis said:
They have. They went after Sauron and they went after the Silver Samurai. But, you know, other s**t got in the way. Like Sentry's crazy ass. And the Collective.

And ninjas.....ninjas.

yeah, and got they're asses kicked I might add.

He beat the crap out of both the Wrecker and that other guy. By his damn self.

I wish they'd give us an updated list of the inmates they've returned to prison. IMO, they haven't even gotten to the good ones.

New Avengers has more flaws than good points, it's a fact.

Word. Instead of gettin back to important things like the prisoners, we get a Ronin arc next.

Yay

I just thought of th' perfect title fer Bendis; Marvel Team-Up. Wait, hear me out...

In his stories, th' book's hero can't beat a baddie without th' aid of some OTHER hero. His formula fits th' MTU format perfectly!

Anubis said:

Im pretty sure that if SS committed any crimes he'd probably get deported to Japan.
I also know in the grand scheme of things that if you are gonna go after supervillains you always go after the most powerful first. Going after Sauron and Silver Samurai before taking down Count Nefaria is completely irresponsible

Spidey:"Look it's Count Nefaria! Let's get him!"
Cap:"Whoa slow down son. Do you see Thor or Sentry with us????"
Spidey:"Ummm No."
Cap:"Aim that spider-sense a little lower."
Spidey:"Ultron???"
Cap:"Lower."
Spidey:"Grim reaper???"
Cap:"A little lower."
Spidey:"The Lizard???"
Cap:"Bingo. Avengers Assemble!!!!"

Cap: We have to get those criminals back to the raft!
IM: No can do.
Cap: Why not?
IM: Well, the X-Men are busy with Apocalypse, Alpha Flight got their asses kicked, we're not on speaking terms with the Young Avengers OR Runaways, Dr. Strange is in limbo, Ghost Rider is in hell...
CAP: What has that got to do with anything, Tony?
IM: Well, how do you expect us to beat any of the escapees if we don't have other heroes to fight our fights for us?

Cap:"Tony can I talk to you for a second.'
Tony:"Sure Steve."
Cap:"I know this is your money and you wanted to form this team but...your team forming skill sucks. Force Works had more firepower than this. I mean seriously Spider-man and Spider-woman on the same team???? Are we gonna be fighting flies?????"
Tony:Steve it's a good team."
Cap:"Yeah if it was the Champions. When we went to take down those Ninjas i swore I seen Logan sleeping in the corner.He's spread too thin.Then you picked crazy Superman too."
Tony:"He's not Superman."
Cap:"He flies, has an "s" on his chest and wears a cape....forget this I'm calling Jan."

LorDZeeD said:
i really did appreciate all the advice regarding house of M and dissasembled. i was just wondering if you all felt that picking up new avengers (from the start) would be a wise move for a complete noob to marvel who really enjoyed HoM and Avengers Dissasembled, but has little to no knowledge of the current marvel u outside of movies, cartoons and what's in the HoM and dissasembled.

looks (to my humble outsider eyes) like the marvel equivalent of the morrison/waid run on JLA - should i get it?
Breakout was good. Give it a try. I didn't like the new line up, but then I thought aw, what the heck, and I liked it alot. Now I have to get the second volume.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
New Avengers has more flaws than good points, it's a fact.

:o It's an opinon, not a fact. Nowhere is it written that public opinon equates fact or canon if you will.:down

Genesis 1.0 said:
:o It's an opinon, not a fact. Nowhere is it written that public opinon equates fact or canon if you will.:down

There are, in fact, MANY continuity flubs that are indeed factuall errors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"