What is the future of Ben Affleck as Batman in the DCEU?

But if Reeves really wants to make a trilogy, I can’t imagine that he wants a lead actor who is going to jump ship after one movie.

But if Reeves really wants to make a trilogy, I can’t imagine that he wants a lead actor who is going to jump ship after one movie.

First movie is him transitioning the bat-mantle to Dick Grayson or someone else.

It is really a waste of ever casting Ben in the role only to already be talking about transitioning out of the role lol. Unless he goes on to play the character at least for like 3 more films.

I hope they don't waste our time with his graceful exit. Ben, just quit and be done with it.

Just have Affleck's final appearance be in Flashpoint. After "fixing" the timeline, Barry returns to the present and Bruce is a lot younger and played by a different actor.

"Bruce, why do you look like Armie Hammer now?"
"Who?"
"Never mind."

This really now, has to be top of WB's 'to do' list to sort out by the end of the year.

Should use more vilians in one movie then before.

I hope to see a mutant based movie with Poison Ivy, Man-bat, Killer croc and maybe a main vilian out of the box like Clay Face. (after the batman vs superman would be cool to see similar hard vilians that use technology, biology, for crime, war, personal gain, higher choice, fear of aliens and so on)

Man-bat would actually be cool, could start as rivalring batman or fail experiment of curring cancer or soldier program to replace batman?

Also the puinguin, mr freeze could fit together.

the prison could be used in future. Great to introduce batgirl, robin and nighwing.

For a new batman trilogy.

(actually a Justie League movie where batmans strategy against the Justice League to catch and eliminate them would be good, to see )

Last edited:
This is probably high priority now. When all else fails, Batman can be counted on to produce money.

When they say 'trilogy' I hope it just means three movies and not an overarching story spanning three movies.

This really now, has to be top of WB's 'to do' list to sort out by the end of the year.
Why? Their reputation is at an all-time low right now. I actually think letting things simmer down is the best route they can take. They don't have to rush something as important as this.

When they say 'trilogy' I hope it just means three movies and not an overarching story spanning three movies.
I actually would find that to be an interesting prospect.

One of the weaker points in Nolan's trilogy (for me) is how disconnected TDK is from its siblings, and how much TDKR wants to be a direct follow-up to BB. Doesn't feel as cohesive as I'd like. Setting a larger narrative as the backdrop for a trilogy may keep those DNA strands tighter and for the first time ever present an epic comic book story spanning multiple films.

"Bruce, why do you look like Armie Hammer now?"
"Who?"
"Never mind."
That reminds me of how TMNT's animated series dealt with Jason Biggs leaving as Leonardo and being replaced by Seth Green.

"Hey, Leo. Your voice sounds different."

Affleck's gone, and he's probably been gone for several months. There's not gonna be a graceful exit, flashpoint changing the timeline, or Bruce handing the mantle over.

He's gone, its just that alot of fans don't want to except what's been in front of them for most of the year. He's basically Andrew Garfield after The ASM2.

He's done, but the studio doesn't want to announce it yet until the film has finished its run, and they have their ducks in a row.

Reeves probably had other actors and a vision in mind when WB approached him for the project.

If The Batman isn't already a reboot of some sort, WB will want it to be one post JL.

Affleck's gone, and he's probably been gone for several months. There's not gonna be a graceful exit, flashpoint changing the timeline, or Bruce handing the mantle over.

He's gone, its just that alot of fans don't want to except what's been in front of them for most of the year. He's basically Andrew Garfield after The ASM2.

He's done, but the studio doesn't want to announce it yet until the film has finished its run, and they have their ducks in a row.

Reeves probably had other actors and a vision in mind when WB approached him for the project.

If The Batman isn't already a reboot of some sort, WB will want it to be one post JL.

I expect it to sort of be a Spider-Man Homecoming type of movie. It just sort of jumps into his career as Batman with no real origin or explanation. The audience knows that stuff. He just is. I don't expect a reboot in the sense that the movie will explicitly deny any connection to the DCEU. But I don't expect it to be connected either. I don't expect any DCEU characters to be featured in it. I don't expect the Batcave to look the same. No destroyed Robin suit. I don't expect JK Simmons to return. Maybe Jeremy Irons, just because he is Jeremy Irons, but I wouldn't even count on that. If Joker is in it, I definitely do not expect it to be Leto. It'll just be a standalone Batman story.

I expect it to sort of be a Spider-Man Homecoming type of movie. It just sort of jumps into his career as Batman with no real origin or explanation. The audience knows that stuff. He just is. I don't expect a reboot in the sense that the movie will explicitly deny any connection to the DCEU. But I don't expect it to be connected either. I don't expect any DCEU characters to be featured in it. I don't expect the Batcave to look the same. No destroyed Robin suit. I don't expect JK Simmons to return. Maybe Jeremy Irons, just because he is Jeremy Irons, but I wouldn't even count on that. If Joker is in it, I definitely do not expect it to be Leto. It'll just be a standalone Batman story.

Totally. That's pretty much what I expect as well.

Yeah, they probably just didn't want it to affect the box-office of Justice League by announcing ahead of time that the Batman in Justice League won't be the Batman anymore in the DCEU.
Of course considering the box-office of JL, that sort of moot.

Depending on how far along Reeves is with The Batman, we may not hear anything on Affleck's status for a while.

I’d say this is more or less a stone cold guarantee at this point. All new cast. All new Batman.

Squee.

Yeah, they probably just didn't want it to affect the box-office of Justice League by announcing ahead of time that the Batman in Justice League won't be the Batman anymore in the DCEU.
Of course considering the box-office of JL, that sort of moot.

Yeah. If there were any chance of WB wanting Affleck to stay, JL's box office and critical reception likely further's their resolve to part ways with him in the role.

My guess is that it will be well into 2018 or even 2019 until well get an official announcement of a new actor and direction.

Yeah. Everyone keeps expecting some sort of announcement in December or January, but if Reeves is still developing the script and the movie is still a way's away from happening, what's the rush?

Yeah. Everyone keeps expecting some sort of announcement in December or January, but if Reeves is still developing the script and the movie is still a way's away from happening, what's the rush?

Yep. In fact, I don't even think Reeves is a lock at this point. He is a very hot commodity in Hollywood right now. If Disney comes knocking at his door with Marvel or Star Wars or Warners starts micromanaging his script too much or he just feels that after JL's bomb that DC is toxic to his brand, he may walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"