What is the future of Ben Affleck as Batman in the DCEU?

Depending on how far along Reeves is with The Batman, we may not hear anything on Affleck's status for a while.

Pretty much.
Could take us 4-5 months before we know something.
If Reeves wants Affleck in, if Afflecks rehab and all works well and he finds his footing again...its probably a go.

But at the moment i think only WW2 and Aquaman are a definitive go, everything else is more or less in the air.

Pretty much.
If Reeves wants Affleck in, if Afflecks rehab and all works well and he finds his footing again...its probably a go.

But at the moment i think only WW2 and Aquaman are a definitive go, everything else is more or less in the air.

I don't think its Reeves who will make this call. I think it is Affleck. He is the one who wants out.

I agree. He seems bored, jaded, and done with the role.

It's infuriating to watch what he is doing. Between spending his time talking about 'fixing' sexual harassment issue (no woman wants to hear this guy of all people offer his opinions on this), making gross jokes and making the rest of cast uncomfortable and this will he, won't he drama about returning to role....how ungrateful. How unprofessional. Insinuating he is leaving in the week of release of a team up movie where he is the central figure assembling the league.

His last movie flopped hard yet he is so unhappy playing Batman, a gig thousands of actors would kill for.

Also would Reeves really want to work with someone who is at 'flight risk', has alcohol and God knows what other stuff issues, can't get his act together to at least not affect his looks to the point it's noticeable by regular movie goers who don't even know about reshoots and who cannot even promote the film well? I'm thinking NO.

It's really not that serious, guys.

If he doesn't want to play the part, they shouldn't keep him. It's that simple. The reasons don't really matter.

It's really not that serious, guys.

If he doesn't want to play the part, they shouldn't keep him. It's that simple. The reasons don't really matter.

Precisely. I don't know why it's all so public. And it's him adding fuel to the fire with saying stuff like what he said recently.

Yeah. Everyone keeps expecting some sort of announcement in December or January, but if Reeves is still developing the script and the movie is still a way's away from happening, what's the rush?

I'm not expecting an announcement in December or January, though at this point Reeve probably has an idea of the type of actor or who he wants in the role. They've met with Jake so its not as if they're in the wilderness in terms of entertaining a new actor in the part.

I don't think an announcement is gonna happen until mid 2018 at the earliest and more then likely 2019.

Pretty much.

I'm pretty sure he's gone regardless. Affleck wants to go, and WB doesn't want him back, his personal issues aside.

Reeves likely had a different vision and actor in mind from the start, which is why he butt heads with WB early in the talks. At this point, all parties probably want to move on.

Enough already. Affleck, you suck and everyone knows it. You appearing as Batman again would be about as exciting as the announcement of the next Carrot Top film. Hang it up before you do any more damage to the brand.

bring on Jake Gyllenhaal and get this Batman flick out by 2020

Gyllenhaal is a good height He's 5'11

He's an A-lister. He is one of the best actors of his generation.

He's 37 but can easily pull off 30 years old.

Can do physical performances. He bulked up for Prince of Persia and Southpaw

Now would he sign on for a trilogy? Especially since he's been doing loads of indies/Oscar type films of late.

Hey, I still want to sleep with Lady Gaga. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

Enough already. Affleck, you suck and everyone knows it. You appearing as Batman again would be about as exciting as the announcement of the next Carrot Top film. Hang it up before you do any more damage to the brand.

Hi, I'm Ben Afflecks personal liaison between his royal batship and random people on the superherohype forum. He asked me to personally relay his heartfelt response to your declaration.

"Enough already. Rickard, you suck and everyone knows it. You posting as Deck again would be about as exciting as the announcement of the next Carrot Top film. Hang it up before you do any more damage to the forums."

His words not mine.

Ooohhh, good one. You sure showed me, man.

But if was only random people on the Hype who didn’t care for his Batman, something tells me Justice League wouldn’t be bombing and execs at WB wouldn’t be pulling their hair out trying to figure out what to do with this mess.

But hey, maybe we’ll get a Ben Affleck Trilogy yet, followed by 10 films in the Expanded Batfleck Universe.

If Affleck doesn't want to be Batman anymore maybe he could be Metallo in a Superman movie.

Affleck should let this go so he can get to work on Surviving Christmas 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"