Days of Future Past What is your favorite quote in X-Men:DOFP?

Almost anything said in the McAvoy/Stewart scene.

I wish that scene was longer. The lack of soundtrack/music on that scene really made it special. Also, the weird angles.

Magneto, "How did that work out for you?"

I think is what he said to Logan on the plane. He was such a badass.

I can't remember the exact quote, but the whole Magneto and Xavier scene when he says, "All those years wasted fighting each other, Charles."

I can't remember the exact quote, but the whole Magneto and Xavier scene when he says, "All those years wasted fighting each other, Charles."

Only took them 60 years to finally hold hands. :atp:

Magneto, "How did that work out for you?"

I think is what he said to Logan on the plane. He was such a badass.

I still cant decide in my head which out of MaCavoy and Fassbender actually stole this film.

I was convinced it was MaCavoy coming out but thinking back Fassbender was so fierce in his scenes, even the ones he didnt speak like going to get his helmet back, just a total boss in those shades and hat.

I did not expect [BLACKOUT]Magneto[/BLACKOUT] to turn so quickly. Pleasant surprise.

Magneto looking at wolverine's bone claws in the plane said along the lines of "If only thoses are made of metal"

Xavier - "I am going to say to you what you once said to me... F**k off" (If memory serves me correctly haha)

:funny:

This wins it for me I burst out laughing. Some thought I was a loon.

Wolverine : You and I going to be good friends you just don't know it yet ! (Punch out to Hank/Beast)

"Imagine if they were made of metal."-Magneto

Wolverine to Xavier : Listen you little ****, I watched alot of good friends died.

My dad and I were pretty much agreed on, "You wanna pick this **** up??" :funny:

"I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!" Still takes the cake for me. The first time I heard it in the trailer McAvoy's delivery gave me chills and seeing the context of it - when Charles learns of the horrors that Wolverine has gone through, makes it even more powerful and heartbreaking.

:up: This, loved it in the trailer, but then seeing it in the context of the movie, and why Charles is saying it, was just amazing stuff.

Loved him saying to Logan "You poor, poor man just after reading his mind as well."

Charles to Raven: Everything that happens now is in your hands.

Magneto's speech to all of the humans in front of the white house.

After a second viewing

-"I take it we're best buddies in the future"
-"Hands off, pal"
- All of Sunspots lines

There's something about "Please Charles, We need you to hope again" that speaks values with me, especially after seeing it in the film and how Professor's true power and worth to people is laid out to you. It really is a beautiful final line in an already beautiful scene. Oh and it reminded me of his line to Erik in the first film, "I'm looking for hope"

I've gotta say I didn't think Simon Kinberg had such a good script in him. It just worked on all fronts for me.

Last edited:
I had forgotten until I saw it the second time, when Logan saw Beast when his younger self briefly resurfaced in Paris: "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!" :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"