BvS Writers Workshop: Pen Your Own BvS Ideas

I dont know where else to post this.

I had an idea that i thought would look pretty damn neat. Imagine during an epic battle Superman has been thrown into the air by one of the enemies and as he is getting his bearings back he turns to see the villain jumping up to smash into a helicopter that Lois is reporting from so then he flies towards the helicopter at super speed (which then becomes slow motion) allowing him to make it through the helicopter blades and tackling the villain back to the ground.

Last edited:
BRAINIAC
Temptation as sin is. Sin is temptation... Why do you resist such sinful desire... The desire to be normal... To be accepted... I can give it all to you... Kal-El... All you have to do is surrender yourself and allow me to collect the data of the codex to complete Krypton's history.​

SUPERMAN
(looks to Lois)​
I-I can't... I won't!​

BRAINIAC
Do not let this female protozoa interfere with your judgment. Your existence is far more meaningful than her own... I can take you home Kal-El... Within my databanks, I possess data of Krypton's former capital city of Kandor. I could digitize your consciousness and add you there, so you can live as you were intended. A normal Kryptonian... A true one... And be yourself... your true self...​
LOIS
(looks solemnly at Superman)​
Clark...I-​
SUPERMAN
(cuts off Lois)​
-No they are my people... This is my home...​
(looks to Lois)​
Always has been...​
BRAINIAC
Then so be it.​

and Idea I had about why Joker might have damaged on his forehead

Joker is beating Robin to death with a crow bar
Joker: "Hey Batsy are you listening? You really built this Robin to last."
Continues beating him with a crow bar. Joker stops.
Joker: "Uh Oh...I don't think that's supposed to be leaking out."
Continues beating Robin.
Robin tries to crawl away. Defiant. Joker grabs his leg.
Joker: "No to fast, little birdie."
Robin rolls over and spits at Joker.
Robin:"Get it over with you damaged freak."
Joker: "Damaged? I like the sound of that....and since you asked so nicely..."
Joker winds up and deals the death blow.
Batcave...
Batman listening to the feed from Robin drops to his knees. Batman gets up and quickly leaps into the Batmobile.
Alfred: "Master Bruce?"
The Batmobile jets out of the cave...like a bat out of hell.

I like... Depressing as ****, though... :(

This leads us to a weary and tired Batman. The one person who understood him is gone. Alfred doesn't truly understand like someone who has gone through it. Bruce lost more than a partner...he lost a brother...a son. His outlook turns bleak. Gotham is no closer to being saved than the day he put on the mask. Costumed criminals spring up like weeds. Corruption still abounds. Batman no longer cares. He becomes violent...reckless...everyone crossing Batman gets hurt. Thieves get their hands broken. Child molesters get worse. He's on the verge of killing someone...anyone...except the one he wants dead....Joker...but he's no where to be found.

Before the fight:

Superman: Why do you chase me?
Batman: You killed innocent people!
Superman: Collateral damage.
Batman: You started a massacre!
Superman: I started a cult!
Batman: You betrayed the law!
Superman: LAAAWW!!!

Before the fight:

Superman: Why do you chase me?
Batman: You killed innocent people!
Superman: Collateral damage.
Batman: You started a massacre!
Superman: I started a cult!
Batman: You betrayed the law!
Superman: LAAAWW!!!

Only Kryptonite can solve this issue. :woot:

Power suit for one scene, just to have Lex beat both... then walk away would be cool :eek:

Lex: An alien and another vigilante who identifies with bats.

Batman walks towards Lex. He throws a punch and Lex grabs his hand, partially crushing it. Then he throws his body to the side.

Lex: Your technology is a little behind. Send your suit to Lexcorp, we can upgrade it for you.

Superman: Lex, you tell the world your intentions are to protect everyone. Did you ever stop to think... who is protecting the world from people like YOU?

Lex turns around with an angry look on his face. He runs towards Superman. Superman flies towards him at full speed. Both of them collide. Lex remains standing, while Superman is lying on the ground. Lex looks down on him from his power suit.

Lex: I could finish you. Both of you... right now in this moment. I'll show you some mercy this time. and... only this time.

Lex leaves his power suit, place it on self destruct. He is then picked up by one of his henchman in a helicopter. Batman and Superman lay stunned and physically hurt, all they can do is look up... as a giant explosion from the suit happens.

Lex: This time, I'll be the one looking down on you.

:D

Power suit for one scene, just to have Lex beat both... then walk away would be cool :eek:

Batman walks towards Lex. He throws a punch and Lex grabs his hand, partially crushing it. Then he throws his body to the side.

Lex: Your technology is a little behind. Send your suit to Lexcorp, we can upgrade it for you.

Superman: Lex, you tell the world your intentions are to protect everyone. Did you ever stop to think... who is protecting the world from people like YOU?

Lex turns around with an angry look on his face. He runs towards Superman. Superman flies towards him at full speed. Both of them collide. Lex remains standing, while Superman is lying on the ground. Lex looks down on him from his power suit.

Lex: I could finish you. Both of you... right now in this moment. I'll show you some mercy this time. and... only this time.

Lex leaves his power suit, place it on self destruct. He is then picked up by one of his henchman in a helicopter. Batman and Superman lay stunned and physically hurt, all they can do is look up... as a giant explosion from the suit happens.

Sweet

Fine:

EXT. - GOTHAM - NIGHT, RAINING

SUPERMAN flies down with a ungodly collision with the earth blow causing it quake as any human would to such power and ferocity. But BATMAN is no mere human, more a pinnacle of man does he stare down his newly acquired foe in the dark storm-ridden skies of Gotham city.​

BATMAN
I didn't think you would arrive...

SUPERMAN
I don't take kindly to innocent people being threatened.

BATMAN
A hollow threat that I knew you could not resist, but to simply respond to it. I had no intentions of hurting anyone, but the opportunistic alien.

SUPERMAN
Opportunistic? Choice words coming from some Bat vigilante. Branding criminal like cattle, and hiding behind a mask-

BATMAN
-Like you don't hide behind facades yourself. You couldn't even reveal yourself to the Senate because you wanted privacy. If you wanted such privilege, you shouldn't have made a spectacle of yourself!

SUPERMAN
I did not hurt those people. I was TRYING to save them!

Superman suddenly to starts to feel dizzy as the uproar and downpour increases.​

BATMAN
You say you tried, but at what cost? Innocent lives were wiped out, and you just stand there with your diatribes for truth and justice. If you want people to TRUST in you, then BE HONEST with them!​

Superman approaches the Dark Knight, but with every step a tremor of weakness disperses throughout his body.​

SUPERMAN
Like you? Where were you during the invasion? Where were you when MY MOTHER was attacked by them? Where were you when all those innocents needed a hero?​

Any ideas since the Comic Con trailer?

Batman travels to the Ryn Desert near Russia to takedown KGBeast who has taken over a (fictional) nuclear warehead location and plans to set it upon the US :hmm

And very nice, Libido. You can give me some tips :up:

That is seriously good dude.

Fine:

EXT. - GOTHAM - NIGHT, RAINING

SUPERMAN flies down with a ungodly collision with the earth blow causing it quake as any human would to such power and ferocity. But BATMAN is no mere human, more a pinnacle of man does he stare down his newly acquired foe in the dark storm-ridden skies of Gotham city.​

BATMAN
I didn't think you would arrive...

SUPERMAN
I don't take kindly to innocent people being threatened.

BATMAN
A hollow threat that I knew you could not resist, but to simply respond to it. I had no intentions of hurting anyone, but the opportunistic alien.

SUPERMAN
Opportunistic? Choice words coming from some Bat vigilante. Branding criminal like cattle, and hiding behind a mask-

BATMAN
-Like you don't hide behind facades yourself. You couldn't even reveal yourself to the Senate because you wanted privacy. If you wanted such privilege, you shouldn't have made a spectacle of yourself!

SUPERMAN
I did not hurt those people. I was TRYING to save them!

Superman suddenly to starts to feel dizzy as the uproar and downpour increases.​

BATMAN
You say you tried, but at what cost? Innocent lives were wiped out, and you just stand there with your diatribes for truth and justice. If you want people to TRUST in you, then BE HONEST with them!​

Superman approaches the Dark Knight, but with every step a tremor of weakness disperses throughout his body.​

SUPERMAN
Like you? Where were you during the invasion? Where were you when MY MOTHER was attacked by them? Where were you when all those innocents needed a hero?​

I love it.

:eek: Very good!

I always loved the idea of a badass Alfred. We may get that with Irons. So here goes:

Neutral site; Gotham City.

-Point of view camera shot. We see a man from behind, sitting on a park bench. Grey trench coat. Oversized scarf. Black leather gloves. Leaf's from a trio of fallen autumn tree's glisten across the mirage'd; polluted river barrier.

Alfred
Is that you, sir?
(Leg crossed over the other. He slightly sips from a metal flask.)

Clark Kent:
My apologies. I'm not usually late for interviews. I tried my best with the landmarks you have sent to me. I hope your time has not been wasted.

Alfred
I have all the time in the world, sir. Sit.

-Clark sidesteps in front of Alfred. Slowly lowers his reporters bag between his legs and quietly sits in the seat next to him.

-Clark extends his hand

Clark Kent
Clark Kent. Daily Planet.

-Alfred looks out the corner of his eye, snubbing the handshake.

Alfred
I know who you are, sir. I'm going to cut to the chase.

-Clark; confused; looks at his hand, puts it on the end of the bench and gives Alfred a scowl in return.

Alfred
Let me begin by warning who you are dealing with. You will only have one, understand? We can either do this the easy way, or the hard way.

-Clark stands. Towering over Alfred.

Alfred
Option one? Leave. Never return.

-Alfred takes another sip of his flask.

Alfred
Option two? He gets angry. I don't want that and you certainly don't want that. Act on this and we go to war. Trust me when I say, sir..

-Alfred looks up; staring at Clark in the eyes

Alfred
..that those glass's fool neither of us. Please don't burden me and awake the sleeping giant. It's best for the both of us.

-Alfred slips his flask into his coat pocket. Stands up, facing Clark. Adjusts his scarf.

Alfred
Good day, sir. Please choose wisely.

-Alfred tips his cap; turns his back to Clark and slowly walks away before eventually disappearing into the night.

Last edited:
Bumpity bump. It's so strange to read some of our work. :funny:

I wish Clipster was as enthused by such musings in the JL board. :p

I never did post that outline... I think I will.

Please do!

I never got around to any of it :(

I discussed it intensely with KillerWolf for weeks and we went back and forth on what worked and didn't. We agreed Doomsday mustn't be used, and that was ages before he was even confirmed! :hehe:

I'm thinking of writing a script that combines themes from The Dark Knight Returns & The Death of Superman whilst taking elements of both lead characters, placing a modern asthetic on both, introduce a leading female character, place them within a dynamic that some people may not expect but equally not appreciate, which in turn will be recieved with a lack of mis-understanding, appreciation or ackowledgement.... oh wait....

Last edited:
I think a key scene that may have helped explain and give credence to some other scenes and actions and illustrates the feelings of the audience. could have been helpful?: It's rough and just an idea.

Lois is bath to Clark: Interjected in the other dialogue.

LOIS: ..."It's disgusting that they are holding these hearings. Calling you Washington, -questioning your motives?. You literally saved the entire world, and they have the gall to blame you for...
Clark: The casualties. The destruction.... When I close my eyes. I can still hear them screaming for help...
LOIS: It's not your fault.
Clark: It doesn't matter. I feel it. I should have been able to help them.
Lois: Your're not God. You are just a very good man - with extraordinary powers. They should be investigating this Gotham Bat!" He's a real criminal! I tried looking into it but hit a brick wall...No one knows who or what this Batman is. A outlaw vigilante..., but the Gotham PD just looks the other way because he does their dirty work for them. It's just not fair...
Clark: I learned a long time ago that the world is not fair,- but, we have to keep trying to make it better.
Lois: ...The world doesn't deserve you.
Clark: I don't deserve you...

Jumps in bath...

This would set up a premise that Lois is interested in the BAT and knows a bit about him. It also sets Clark in motion to want to solve the puzzle for Lois to impress and help her. It also shows that Superman recognizes and feels remorse for the consequences of his actions.

Just a thought.

Superman actually caring about people and the consequences of his actions? Get away! :o

I've been thinking about what I would do to fix the movie.

First I would open on Lexcorp's Metropolis lab. They are examining a found mother box. Lex is in attendance along with Silas Stone. This would take place during Superman/Zod fight. They have finally breached the containment seal on the mother box when Zod and Superman come smashing through. An unknown energy pours through the room. Victor Stone is incinerated. Lex runs towards the mother box. It explodes and downloads all it's info into Lex brain directly...and burns off his hair.

This way you can keep Jesse's performance as is but give him a real reason why he wants to see Superman dead. He blames him for the accident.

Lex begins an international smear campaign. He outfits his guys with guns that mimic Superman's heat vision. Superman takes down terrorists in Gotham. After he leaves Lex's men kill them with the heat vision guns.
Batman doesn't like what Superman did and goes after him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"