What s better plasma or lcd?

ANTOINE X

FLY
Reaction score
Well I want to by 40-45'' tv full HD that s all I know. Now what is better? I have no idea. Some say plasma some say lcd .So I'm gonna do a poll to make my decision.:csad:

DLP? never heard of that before what's that?

DLP is a type of HD-technology created by Texas Instruments... you've probably seen it advertised at the theater. Most theaters are switching to DLP projections, pretty crisp pictures.

The technology uses millions of tiny mirrors to project the picture. Never has image burning (good for games you play and TV stations) and has a great picture that doesn't really get crappy the bigger the TV you have.

Well none of the stores I went talked about DLP! Is there a way I can edit my poll?

Nah, you have to leave it.

What stores?

Fran™;13579050 said:
DLP is a type of HD-technology created by Texas Instruments... you've probably seen it advertised at the theater. Most theaters are switching to DLP projections, pretty crisp pictures.

The technology uses millions of tiny mirrors to project the picture. Never has image burning (good for games you play and TV stations) and has a great picture that doesn't really get crappy the bigger the TV you have.

Thanks! than I m gonna go back to the store and ask them why in hell they didn't tell me about DLP

http://www.dlp.com/

Superior image, true black capability, minimal video artifacts, no burn in and when the lamp starts to go, just pop a new one in and BOOM!....new TV. Plasma screens eventually lose the captured gas in the cells behind the screen and can't really be repaired. Also, drop a plasma screen and you've got yourself a disposable TV that you have to replace. LCD, lots of motion trail artifacts and no way to get a true black.

Just make sure you get a 1080p set with an internal HD tuner and plenty of connection options, including HDMI. I highly recommend Samsung. :up:

jag

Samsung is THE best.

I don't have a 1080p one :csad:

http://www.dlp.com/

Superior image, true black capability, minimal video artifacts, no burn in and when the lamp starts to go, just pop a new one in and BOOM!....new TV. Plasma screens eventually lose the captured gas in the cells behind the screen and can't really be repaired. Also, drop a plasma screen and you've got yourself a disposable TV that you have to replace. LCD, lots of motion trail artifacts and no way to get a true black.

Just make sure you get a 1080p set with an internal HD tuner and plenty of connection options, including HDMI. I highly recommend Samsung. :up:

jag

I checked your web site sounds great! Maybe I never heard of it cause Im canadian! You guys get stuff way before us. But i ll go check again!

are there any DLP TV's that you can view on the side?

Samsung is freaking awesome. I couldn't afford a DLP, but I love my 26" Widescreen LCD. It only goes up to 1080i, but so does my 360, so the problem is pretty null.

Not sure I understand your question.

jag

you now how you can see a plasma tv on the side, as well as an LCD?

well my friend has a DLP TV and of course every time i come over i am stuck with the chair thats on the far side. so i can't see anything on the screen. :cmad:

so my question was do any DLP tvs have it so it has a better viewing angle? and if they do what DLP is the best for a great Viewing angle?

you now how you can see a plasma tv on the side, as well as an LCD?

well my friend has a DLP TV and of course every time i come over i am stuck with the chair thats on the far side. so i can't see anything on the screen. :cmad:

so my question was do any DLP tvs have it so it has a better viewing angle? and if they do what DLP is the best for a great Viewing angle?

Ahhh. You're talking about viewing angle. Some sets are better than others. With DLP and LCD technology, there will always be a point of lessening visual return as you move further from the center most point of the viewing spectrum. But, if you're sitting that far over to the side of the TV, what did you expect to be able to see, anyway? :huh:

jag

i just got a DLP tv yesterday, but I gotta admit I don't know much about it. A fellow hypester helped my explaining why dlp is better than plasma so I'm glad I went with DLP. My parents got it for me as an XMAS present, I'm just glad they let me pick it out.

It's a Phillips 50" btw, and that's all i know lol

I'm saving up for a Samsung or Sony LCD. From what I hear, although the plasmas have greater color vibrancy, like they'll say "the blacks are blacker and the reds are redder", supposedly they have the tendency to burn images into the screen.

Not to mention just about every LCD I've come across has been much more affordable than the plasmas.

Ahhh. You're talking about viewing angle. Some sets are better than others. With DLP and LCD technology, there will always be a point of lessening visual return as you move further from the center most point of the viewing spectrum. But, if you're sitting that far over to the side of the TV, what did you expect to be able to see, anyway? :huh:

jag

i guess i didn't expect anything, since it was a DLP :o

:cwink: jk DLPS are great

Well I went to future shop ( which is like circuit city for the us) and I saw only 2 DLP hiding in the corner like they were dangerous things. The guys told me that its gonna be discontinued and that plasma and lcd is the future. Honestly I was not impress by the quality of image of the DLP. Maybe they didn't to invest and put some poor cable in it I don't know. Also the back of a DLP is very tick compare to plasma and lcd. So since they don't promote the DLP I wont buy one. But I did send an E-mail to www.future.com saying why circuit city which is a big store is still promoting DLP. I ll wait for they re answer.

As for LCD and Plasma well I have to say Plasma is superior in terms of resolution and color ton. In the dark the black is really dark on a Plasma but on a Lcd It s a bit grey. Also LCD has problem with viewing angles, it gets blurry. Plasma don't have that problem. But my only problem with plasma is the burn in pixel thats a big disadvantage. I'm probably gonna take Lcd even if I think plasma is better.

yea I wanted to get plasma too but the whole burn in thing was teh biggest problem. I heard that they were gonna fix the burn in problem but does anyone know if that happened yet?

I'm saving up for a Samsung or Sony LCD. From what I hear, although the plasmas have greater color vibrancy, like they'll say "the blacks are blacker and the reds are redder", supposedly they have the tendency to burn images into the screen.

Not to mention just about every LCD I've come across has been much more affordable than the plasmas.

LCD does have a problem with burn-in imaging. At my local Best Buy, the ROCK BAND logo is burned into their smaller Samsung LCDs used for demo units.

LCD is more affordable, but with that cheaper cost comes more problems, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"