whats better? LCD or Plasma?

Orko Is King said:
Plasmas last a LOT longer than 2000 hours. That would mean if you watch it for eight days straight, it would be gone.

yup, exactly! i think he just doesnt know what hes talking about

or maybe he ment by thats how long it will last if you leave it outside, in the sun, rian, ex

Orko Is King said:
Plasmas last a LOT longer than 2000 hours. That would mean if you watch it for eight days straight, it would be gone.
I think you mean 80 days.;)

DLP. I just bought a new Samsung 50" DLP and the picture blows both Plasma and LCD away. The early problems with DLP were the bulbs burning out after about 5-6,000 hrs. but Samsung just upgraded to a 20,000 hr bulb so those problems are non-existant. Even if it does burn out they can be replaced. So the TV will last forever if it's properly taken care of. I paid $1,979 at Best Buy.

Yeah, everything has me really closer and closer to DLP.

Admiral_N8 said:
IF you get a plasma be sure at first to NOT let it sit on the same image for a while...after the first 200 hours or so it doesnt matter, but at the begginning dont let the image burn it in.

That's another good point. Plasma is subject to image burn in. Just ask my buddy who has the ESPN logo as a permanent part of his display. Heh! :D

newmexneon said:
DLP. I just bought a new Samsung 50" DLP and the picture blows both Plasma and LCD away. The early problems with DLP were the bulbs burning out after about 5-6,000 hrs. but Samsung just upgraded to a 20,000 hr bulb so those problems are non-existant. Even if it does burn out they can be replaced. So the TV will last forever if it's properly taken care of. I paid $1,979 at Best Buy.

Mine's a 46". It's about a year and a half old. I love it. My friends who were so proud of their plasma screens are a bit envious of the picture it has, actually. Enjoy yours. The wife and I have really enjoyed ours. We watch a lot of DVD's and it's great to be able to rent the widescreen anamorphic versions of movies and really be able to see all the little detail. :up:

Scarlet_spidey said:

SED will be cool WHEN it becomes available, but I suspect they're going to charge a buttload for the technology for the first few years in order to recoup their R&D costs. To that end, plasma screens STILL have yet to drop very much in price, which is sort of ridiculous considering how long they've been on the market (and I'm amazed they still have so many bugs and potential problems after being available for 5+ years).

jag

tzarinna said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered if the DLP would be worth getting. Once I move, again, I'll start shopping around for one.:up: :)

Can I have your old TV? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"