What s better plasma or lcd?

Fran™;13584963 said:
LCD does have a problem with burn-in imaging. At my local Best Buy, the ROCK BAND logo is burned into their smaller Samsung LCDs used for demo units.

LCD is more affordable, but with that cheaper cost comes more problems, IMO.

Whoa, for serious? ...Well, that bites something rotten and disgusting.

Well I went to future shop ( which is like circuit city for the us) and I saw only 2 DLP hiding in the corner like they were dangerous things. The guys told me that its gonna be discontinued and that plasma and lcd is the future. Honestly I was not impress by the quality of image of the DLP. Maybe they didn't to invest and put some poor cable in it I don't know. Also the back of a DLP is very tick compare to plasma and lcd. So since they don't promote the DLP I wont buy one. But I did send an E-mail to www.future.com saying why circuit city which is a big store is still promoting DLP. I ll wait for they re answer.

As for LCD and Plasma well I have to say Plasma is superior in terms of resolution and color ton. In the dark the black is really dark on a Plasma but on a Lcd It s a bit grey. Also LCD has problem with viewing angles, it gets blurry. Plasma don't have that problem. But my only problem with plasma is the burn in pixel thats a big disadvantage. I'm probably gonna take Lcd even if I think plasma is better.

Future Shop employees are notorious for pushing whatever product will either get them the biggest commission or earn them points with management for reducing the stock of in the back. They are unscrupulous and full of sh1t, basically. Best Buy and Circuit City sales people are usually a bit more reliable if you can find one who knows what they are talking about. You get a good DLP set configured properly with the right cables and components and it's going to have a fantastic picture.

jag

Future Shop employees are notorious for pushing whatever product will either get them the biggest commission or earn them points with management for reducing the stock of in the back. They are unscrupulous and full of sh1t, basically. Best Buy and Circuit City sales people are usually a bit more reliable if you can find one who knows what they are talking about. You get a good DLP set configured properly with the right cables and components and it's going to have a fantastic picture.

jag

Well they answered me very quick! But briefly! They just say that they don't have the same items like the other stores and that I should check from time to time when they have new product. Thank you very much!:whatever:

Anyways I wont buy a DLP even if its better cause one of the reason i want to switch from CRT to flat panel is because CRT are too big and the DLP is also too big. I want something slim!

And you are right about future shop employees :they are really dirty but that doesn't mean I m gonna buy my product there. I was just looking. Im gonna check Best buy, Bricks and center HI-FI which are other competitors.

Why nobody voting? Do you all have crt television like me? Let's go guys I need some votes!:cmad:

It all depends on what you wanna use it...

all seats in a small-width room facing the screen ->LCD

Random angles in a small room -> Plasma

Big room -> DLP

No matter what you get though, make sure it's a samsung!

Depends. LCD's have no glare but plasmas do. Depends on your environment

Final choice: 52'' LCD Samsung 1080P T5265F price 2200$ CAD :word:

h305lnt5265-f_mt.jpeg

My real first choice was Sony w3000 but at 52'' forget it! too expensive :csad:

I have to say I like HD but It s not that crips compare to a regular cable. I Bought the best HDMI cable which I think is Monster cables(correct me if Im wrong). Now maybe it as to do with the fact that I have a 52'' LCD and I should compare it to a 52'' CRT.But If some one as a trick on how to boost the signal to have a crisper image please let me know.

^ monster cables are overly priced...and are a rip off..especially at Best buy. The one i bought years ago was around 100 bucks, and i could have gotten the same HDMI cable from monoprice.com for like 20 bucks... basically all the money just goes to the Monster brand, and like 5% goes to making the damn thing.... The founder of Monster cable is some Asian Billionaire.. hes smart... but still a bastard hehe :woot:

i'm never buying anything from monster again, its just waaaay to much money... HDMI cables are cheap and should be cheap. People who have bought the HDMI cables from monoprice say that they are a lot better then the monster cables, and are so much cheaper

^ monster cables are overly priced...and are a rip off..especially at Best buy. The one i bought years ago was around 100 bucks, and i could have gotten the same HDMI cable from monoprice.com for like 20 bucks... basically all the money just goes to the Monster brand, and like 5% goes to making the damn thing.... The founder of Monster cable is some Asian Billionaire.. hes smart... but still a bastard hehe :woot:

i'm never buying anything from monster again, its just waaaay to much money... HDMI cables are cheap and should be cheap. People who have bought the HDMI cables from monoprice say that they are a lot better then the monster cables, and are so much cheaper

Well well well if you say 20 bucks iI ll certainly try it:wow:. I Knew best buy & Futur shop sellers are some of the best liars there is but not something like that! That s criminal. I Bought my monster cable for 120$ :cmad:

Well well well if you say 20 bucks iI ll certainly try it:wow:. I Knew best buy & Futur shop sellers are some of the best liars there is but not something like that! That s criminal. I Bought my monster cable for 120$ :cmad:

Oh, well that's a VERY good price. Would you be interested in buying a bridge, by the way?

jag

this is the tv i got for Christmas, does anyone know anything good/bad about it?

50pp9200dpq3.jpg

Philips 50 inch dlp

Oh, well that's a VERY good price. Would you be interested in buying a bridge, by the way?

jag

A good price? Well thats what I thought until this guy here told me there HDMI at 20 BUCKS!

And what s a bridge for? If it enhance the quality of the picture then yes! But think I got all I need... I really thought HD was better than that. What ever you buy it the image still grainy. What I hate is every store show U full HD instead of HD. I call that blackmailing!

A good price? Well thats what I thought until this guy here told me there HDMI at 20 BUCKS!

And what s a bridge for? If it enhance the quality of the picture then yes! But think I got all I need... I really thought HD was better than that. What ever you buy it the image still grainy. What I hate is every store show U full HD instead of HD. I call that blackmailing!

What's a bridge good for? Why for getting from one side of the river to the other, my lad! ;)

jag

this is the tv i got for Christmas, does anyone know anything good/bad about it?

50pp9200dpq3.jpg

Philips 50 inch dlp

frankly I have no idea. People here said DLP is what best. BTW let me know if you like the picture quality of your new tv.

Just got this jobbie at Circuit City and I love it...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hita...76988/catOid/-12869/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

EC.HIT.P42H401.JPG

I picked the plasma over the LCD because of the better viewing angle. :up:

There s not so much difference for the viewing angle. The biggest drawback of a lcd is the black color looking more like grey(I can see that on mine). Plasma as better ton. I wanted a plasma but the problem is the burning pixel. if you play a video games you better not play all night cause it leave marks on your plasma screen.( Man I m talking like an expert now :word: :whatever:)

Not to say that Best Buy is the most honest company in the world ( I know from working for them that they're not), but one extremely isolated case doesn't prove anything.

LoL So why are you defending them when you don't work there anymore! Anyways when I say best buy it includes all the big guns like Circuit city future Shop ect... if it was not for the 12 months with out paying a cent you wouldn't see me there.

There s not so much difference for the viewing angle. The biggest drawback of a lcd is the black color looking more like grey(I can see that on mine). Plasma as better ton. I wanted a plasma but the problem is the burning pixel. if you play a video games you better not play all night cause it leave marks on your plasma screen.( Man I m talking like an expert now :word: :whatever:)

The instructions say doing something like video games or watching widescreen movies is ok as long as it is no more than 15% of your total viewing time.

I could tell a big difference in the viewing angle... I was watching a football game on the TVs at Circuit City. At very acute angles the color was completely washed out of the LCDs (though I could still see the picture) but the Plasmas were still full color. :)

It all depends on what you wanna use it...

all seats in a small-width room facing the screen ->LCD

Random angles in a small room -> Plasma

Big room -> DLP

No matter what you get though, make sure it's a samsung!

My LCD has a 178 degree viewing angle. It looks perfectly fine from any angle a normal person would be looking at it from.

The instructions say doing something like video games or watching widescreen movies is ok as long as it is no more than 15% of your total viewing time.

I could tell a big difference in the viewing angle... I was watching a football game on the TVs at Circuit City. At very acute angles the color was completely washed out of the LCDs (though I could still see the picture) but the Plasmas were still full color. :)

I dunno, if you play some of those Xbox Live Arcade games that are really just fullscreen games with still graphics on either side, you may have some problems quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"