What scenes could have made Spider-Man 3 better?

Karea07

Superhero
Reaction score
This is not a bashing post and I hope nobody starts fights in here. I just wanted to get your thoughts on things that could have made the film better, whether it be stuff from the novel or your head.

So that being said, what SCENES could have been added to/removed from the film to make it better?

- The meteor crashing should have been more in depth, either people hearing it, it being in the news, or something. There was nothing. I would have liked to see it come with John Jameson in the space shuttle.

- Gwen Stacy should have been utilized more in scenes with Eddie. That way we could care about their characters. I remember reading about a scene they filmed where Eddie is bothering her at her house, while Peter is there.

- Sandman should have had more screentime, with the scenes in where he is trying to get medicine for his daughter but doesn't have any $$.

- Jameson atleast mentioning or being pissed at Peter for him dating MJ.

- The Butler talk to Harry was really stupid, IMO. He should have found out another way, or just forgive Peter and use logic that his father was the Green Goblin and bad... so therefore he had to die.

- Eddie should have had more screentime as both himself and Venom.

- Should have shown better that the symbiote told Eddie stuff about Peter. Should have shown how Eddie found out about MJ and could have shown his face turn into Venom with her in the Taxi.

- Peter should have proposed to MJ at the end (way too much marriag/engagement talk for it to not even happen), or atleast hint he was going to with showing the wedding ring in his hand when they were dancing.

Add on...

I get the feeling that theres a lot of cut scenes which led to the fragmented story.

Bruce Campbell after all the hype, was nothing short of a letdown, with his I'm a Villain spiel. Either cameo in the vein of one or shut up.

Everything must be done again in order to make Spiderman 3 better.

Just one villiain for the movie for example.

No need for this thread... its gonna turn into another hate thread... its the usual... better writing acting directing blah blah blah... by the end of the 1st page it will turn into banter....

- More involvement from Ziskin and Pascal

- Change of director

- Better script writers with fresh ideas

- Killing Mary Jane, establishing a love affair with Peter and Gwen

- Sole focus on the symbiote Venom then ending with some hinting of Carnage

- Lizard foreshadowing

- Less Singing & Dancing.

They should have just had Venom and Harry/New Goblin as the villians!

If you're not going to kill an iconic character such as Gwen, why introduce her ? A wasted opportunity.

I would of liked a scene that had Venom stalking Peter without him realizing he was followed. In the novel they had a scene like that and it helps establish the fact that Peter's spider sense doesn't work on Venom and that the symbiote told Eddie that Peter is dating MJ. If you read the book you'll see what I mean.

Also they should have kept Eddie alive.

Ah, I should have clarified... what scenes could have been added or removed to make the film better?

Cut out the singing, cut out the dancing.

Take out emo hair.

Change MJ's sub plot about her wanting attention.

Take out Sandman or Venom.

Cut the Camp in Half

No mention of John

Symbiote origin coming to earth was lame

Spiderman saving John and JJJ blaming Spiderman for the shuttle accident would have worked much better

Eddie was dissappointing to me ,praying to kill the guy just looked weak on his part

The club scene was a little bizarre thought they pushed the envelope on that one

Sandman action scenes were too short, the subway battle just didn't do it for me.

Eddie that crazy for the symbiote was utterly ridiculus to me.

I'll add to it. What happened to the crane? You saw the operator struggling with the controls and the boom swinging out of control but then what? Spider-man saved Gwen, was confronted by Eddie then he takes off. Did the guy in the crane get down? Is it still swinging out of control? What about the people in the buildings?

Less Sandman
More Venom
Make symbiote more menacing
Darker and less cheese
Less stupid melodrama
Better action scenes
Better music
Better directing

- Add in everything that related to Sandman that was in the novel. (Penny and his wife stopping him at the construction site; visiting the doctor, trying to raise money, etc.)

- No dancing or singing (other than Mary Jane's performances on stage)

- No Sandman "dust in the wind" sand cloud crap.

- No Butler reveal scene with Harry.

- Rescript and reshoot all of Emo Peter's scenes (especially the one with Ursula and Doc Connors on the phone)

- Give Gwen and Eddie more screentime.

- Cut half of the chessy dialogue and jokes (especially during Harry and Peter's apartment house...were we supposed to laugh?)

- Add the final swing.

....the list goes on.

Eddie didn't seem to give a damn about Gwen when she nearly died. HE WOULD RATHER TAKE PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN FOR THE BUGLE. It was so bizarre to me. Oh by the way glad you're ok. Anyways? Eddie was no different than hollow Eddie in the comic. What exactly did they do to change him?

Eddie didn't care that she almost died....and then he said he wanted to marry her? Didn't get that either.

STACY DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT HIS DAUGHTER ALMOST DIED.... a hug... "Oh honey thank GOD"... just PURE LAZINESS... FIRE THESE WRITERS AND SIGN KOEpP FOR sm4... okay i'm done ranting...

STACY DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT HIS DAUGHTER ALMOST DIED.... a hug... "Oh honey thank GOD"... just PURE LAZINESS... FIRE THESE WRITERS AND SIGN KOEpP FOR sm4... okay i'm done ranting...
Yes...that too...everyone just went on about their business. This type of thing happens everyday I guess.

And FIRE THAT DAMN CRANE OPERATOR NOWWWWWWWW!

If they showed us a close up of Penny's face in that stupid locket, I was going to throw a fit. I swear, they showed it a good 10 times! Every time he was on screen, was looking at the damn thing!

The whole dancing in the jazz club thing was a big surprise...I dunno, even if he was in emo mode, it just seemed a bit strange. Don't know if I would have preferred that not to be in there though. :/

They could have taken some of that dancing/emo Parker crap out and gave some more screen time to Eddie or Sandman

Every villain has died except Sandman who knows exactly who Spiderman is and he got away scott free. He will continue to commit crimes. He is still a wanted fugitive. The wife still hates his guts. And he is probably on his way to steal more money. Way to go Spidey.

Take out all the unnecessary dance scenes with him in black clothes and replace it with him in the black suit showing how his attitude has changed. There was more screen time for peter wearing black clothes than there was of the actual black suit. Also, while adding more time in the black suit use that time to add another fight with Sandman so we can develop his character more. I didn't care about him or his daughter because he wasn't developed enough. I don' t think that was a problem of having too many villians but a problem of having too much dialogue that just bogged down the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"