What "style" should the Dr. Strange movie be?

Horror style visuals,with a Fun adventure like story.

I for one would love to see Doctor Strange incorporate a horror aesthetic. Of course, it's not going to be a hardcore, R-rated, intense horror. But I would like it to strike a balance between horror stylings and superheroics, the way other successful Marvel films have blended with genres like war, fantasy, conspiracy thriller and sci-fi. I think you could have a decent helping of tension and spooky atmosphere without needing to have too much violence or terror for the kiddies. The vibe I have in mind is "PG-13 Hammer Horror." They have a horror director attached in Scott Derrickson too, so I can see it being feasible that they'd go in this direction.

I for one would love to see Doctor Strange incorporate a horror aesthetic. Of course, it's not going to be a hardcore, R-rated, intense horror. But I would like it to strike a balance between horror stylings and superheroics, the way other successful Marvel films have blended with genres like war, fantasy, conspiracy thriller and sci-fi. I think you could have a decent helping of tension and spooky atmosphere without needing to have too much violence or terror for the kiddies. The vibe I have in mind is "PG-13 Hammer Horror." They have a horror director attached in Scott Derrickson too, so I can see it being feasible that they'd go in this direction.

:up:
Scott Derrickson being attached has me hopeful that this is the exact tone it'll strike.
I'm hoping they won't be afraid to fully embrace the fantastical, mystical, otherworldly aspects of the character and his adventures. Pan's Labyrinth with some horror elements would be ideal.

Last edited:
can we move this thread in the Dr. Strange section, please?

I do like the idea of a sorceror's apprentice treatment for magic. They way there were existing spells with names and characteristics... It implied a deeper back-story, like magic was an institution rather than something wonderously new that has to be developed throughout the movie

I'd like it to be Sherlock meets House meets Hammer House of Horror old style horror meets Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing level Hero with a dash of diagnostic mystery solving to go along with it...

Now what about the soundtrack?

I do like the idea of a sorceror's apprentice treatment for magic. They way there were existing spells with names and characteristics... It implied a deeper back-story, like magic was an institution rather than something wonderously new that has to be developed throughout the movie
Sorcerer's Apprentice was actually well done and I wouldn't mind it being in that vein but skewing more adult obviously.

Genuinely can't wait for this, especially when Benedict Cumberbatch was confirmed for the role. It could go so many ways, I sort of think of a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Sorceror's apprentice with that Marvel studios touch.

I'd say Hellboy 1&2 meets Blade II meets Sucker Punch would be the way to go.

This. This all day. Hellboy style would be perfect for Doctor Strange. That, with some LSD influences and it would be so great ...

Having said that I bet there are going to be lots of drug references in this movie ...

I'd like it to be Sherlock meets House meets Hammer House of Horror old style horror meets Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing level Hero with a dash of diagnostic mystery solving to go along with it...

Now what about the soundtrack?
Redundant. House is in the style of Sherlock. :)

House = Holmes
Wilson = Watson
Vicodin = Heroin

...and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"