What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

The posters for these movies are straight up pulp cheese.

I didn't realize at the time of my last post here that it's a loose movie trilogy based on and expands upon Sheridan Le Fanu's vampire gothic horror classic Carmilla (my book comments from years ago), published about 100 years before these films made by Hammer.

Two of the movies co-star Peter Cushing playing two entirely different characters in different times.

Anyway I enjoyed them. I think Twins is the best ( ★★★★☆), followed by the first, and the second (Lust) the least of the three (★★★☆☆).

Last edited:

The posters for these movies are straight up pulp cheese.

I didn't realize at the time of my last post here that it's a loose movie trilogy based on and expands upon Sheridan Le Fanu's vampire gothic horror classic Carmilla (my book comments from years ago), published about 100 years before these films made by Hammer.

Two of the movies co-star Peter Cushing playing two entirely different characters in different times.

Anyway I enjoyed them. I think Twins is the best ( ★★★★☆), followed by the first, and the second (Lust) the least of the three (★★★☆☆).
I enjoy those three - although I rank them in release order (Ingrid Pitt alone would get The Vampire Lovers my top spot, but I also prefer it overall as a film). I'm a fan of Le Fanu's book as well (I recently bought a nice hardback edition to replace my battered old paperback).

6j1vEJBQS1qDobIh7uH7XIP6xQo.jpg

5Sacj8shgu3ywjonryOZqtIo1Vk.jpg

vowvOXtKIsJ405w60aOj9ArEhAN.jpg

Willard (1971)

large_koWN4BJQs3m2o6zt3eZXwCHZtAy.jpg

I have trouble deciding whether I prefer this or the Crispin Glover remake. In the past I've usually preferred the 2003 film, but over the years I've really come to love the original more and more. And I do enjoy Bruce Davison as an actor.

I'm half-way through the new road house film. Jake gyllenhaal is doing alright as dalton, but it definitely checked the 80 action vibe at the door.

Runs in the Family (2023)
Die Liebeskümmerer / The Heartbreak Agency (2024)
My Octopus Teacher (2020)
Børning 3 / Asphalt Burning (2020)
La macchinazione / The Ploy (2016)
Nouveaux riches / All-Time High (2023)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95