What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_p72e9htLww1rrkahjo1_540.gif

Avengers Infinity War Marathon: Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Rewatching it, I must say this is probably the weakest Marvel film for me. Not to say it's a bad film, but it's pretty slow and uneven by their standards. And there's stuff in here where it's just a lot of set up, but with very little payoff. I did enjoy the opening and the party scene at the Avengers tower, but everything else feels very robotic (yeah I know). In many ways the Marvel movie they would eventually release feels more like a proper Avengers sequel than this ever was. That being said, it's just okay.
7/10

????? ?????? / The Spacewalker (2017)
???????? ???????? ?????? / High Security Vacation (2009)

tumblr_p712xzkY891rrkahjo1_540.gif

Avengers Infinity War Marathon: Ant-Man (2015)

Just as charming and fun as I remembered it. Everything that dealt with Scott, his friends, and Hank and Hope was terrific. My only issue with the movie is not giving Darren Cross enough screen time. They never gave him a chance to build up his character's motivations. Everything we knew about him was told and not shown. Outside of that, it's a fun movie and Michael Pena's scene stealers are still great. Also, they pretty much made the outline for a Batman Beyond movie if DC ever tries to do one. Overall, it's a fun and light superhero flick.
8/10

tumblr_p72g3qOw7w1rrkahjo1_540.gif

Avengers Infinity War Marathon: Captain America: Civil War (2016)

This is what Age of Ultron should have been. Not only that, but it's a perfect way to... cap off... the Captain America trilogy. Civil War did a better job on handling new characters, re-introducing characters, and bridging all of them together. Outside of a few nitpicks, I thought this was damn near perfect.
9.5/10

Isle of Dogs - Anderson's latest stop-motion offering may not hit the highs of say Fantastic Mr. Fox, but it's still a great clever entertaining time, with memorable characters, Plus igreat animation, strong*vocal performances, and some surprisingly really good*political commentary. Plus it's really funny too. -*8 / 10

A Quiet Place (2018)

I liked it, but I’m not as over the moon for it as others seem to be. On par with 10 Cloverfield Lane, if anyone needs a frame of reference. I think mileage will vary as the premise practically begs you to work out your own strategy in the situation.

7/10

A Quiet Place

Thrilling stuff but peaks halfway through the film with a nail-biting sequence.

8.5/10

Rampage

Rampage was one of the video games I consistently fed quarters to at the arcade ,I loved the 8 bit graphics and the simple storyline of the game and I got to destroy cities
So did I get as much joy out of the film adaptation?

This was basically Mighty Joe Young and King Kong vs updated,upgraded , reworked and revamped.
Dwayne gives as much charisma as he can to the film,there are some really well put together action sequences and the SFX were pretty sharp.Jeffrey Dean Morgan provides some Negan swagger and Naomie Harris does well as the smart and beautiful scientist
The writers were able to infuse some heart between the action sequences.

My problems with the movie are the loads of cheese around the edges and the villains in the film made the cheese factor stand out
They are written as goofy,mustache twirling Boris and Natasha evil doers I actually felt bad for the actors who portrayed them: Malin Ackerman and Jake Lacy.
Some terrible one liners were in abundance

In the end it was a fun romp,this movie knows it's not Shakespeare and I knew it going in but I enjoyed it for what it was

Scale of 1-10 a 7

The Avengers
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Italian Job

Alright remake. Never saw original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"