What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
YBUFvZ4.jpg

jFDJF0P.jpg

wtcKQbi.jpg

IT (2017). Awful. Not one scary moment. Pennywise was rubbish. At least Tim Curry was scary!!

Incredibles 2

14 years later The Fantastic 5....The Incredibles are back !!
Sidelined by the world because they are viwed as public menaces,can a super fan public relations exec get them back in the beloved heroes lane?

Hats off to the animators,who have put together some beautiful and seamless animation on the big screen.I applaud and admire their hard work.
Brilliant and enthuisiastic voice work from :Craig T. Nelson,Holly Hunter,Sarah Vowell,
Huck Milner,Samuel L. Jackson,Bob Odenkirk and Catherine Keener.
Baby Jack Jack steals the movie,displaying his various powers,and still doing all of the cute things a toddler does.

There are a couple of semi predictable turns,the movie borrows a similar story thread from another popular "superheroe" movie,and it meanders a bit in the middle

In the end Incredibles 2 was worth the wait.So many laugh out loud moments,even the way characters run or walk down a hall was quite funny.

Scale of 1-10 an 8½

SUPERFLY

Priest is at the top of the drug dealing game,but an unforseen occurences prompts him to leave it all behind....easier said than done.

Superfly has all the basic tropes of previous drug kingpins in film wanting to retire from the life.
On top of that something happens in the first 15 minutes of the movie that made me say: Oh no this is going to be a terrible movie.

Fortunately it isnt terrible but it's not great either.
The film is blessed with a good cast.Trevor Jackson as Youngblood Priest may lack the intimidating edge needed for this role but he does display the right amounts of frustration the character encounters.
Michael Kenneth Williams does well as his mentor as Scatter.
Esai Morales as Adalberto Gonzalez his supplier turns in an intimidating performance.
As Priest's right hand man Eddie Jason Mitchell turns in another likeable character performance.
Jennifer Morrison is pretty good as a smug and corrupt cop.
The film has flash and style,coupled with a couple of good action sequences.

Some characters and situations were far to laughable and cartoonish.
At one point a character states something about a group of people being to flashy.....and that is an understatement !!
One character screams and yells about wanting and needing more money in his pockets,while throwing what looks like a huge bucket of cash at a stripper.

I enjoyed most of the movie,but this would make for a good rental on a slow Saturday.

Scale of 1-10 a 7

Small Town Crime (2017)
Rock of Ages (2012)
A Man Called Sledge (1970)

Incredibles 2...for the 6th time.

My record is 13 times back in 2008 with IM1.

You deserve some sort of recognition from Marvel - maybe they can arrange a cameo for you in Avengers 4!

Well, the MCU is my all time favorite franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"