What we know about Edward Brock Jr.

Steel Soldier

You friggin' Smurf...
Reaction score
This is a compiled database of things we have on Eddie Brock's charcter. This thread is not about Venom, just on Eddie and his personality.

Most of our data has been dirived by Topher Grace, who has made several quirky remarks that really speel out Eddie's character. Here is his most elaborate quote:

"an evil doppleganger of Peter. He dresses better, he's kind of good with the ladies, we gave him a lot of hair gel."

Topher has also spoken on the matter of killing a hobo with a hammer to get the feel of the Eddie charcter. This is a joke (I hope), but it shows us that Eddie might have a lust for victory and to get what he wants (even if it means causing other people misfortune).

The hair gel and well-dressed remark clearly spelled out that Edward Brock Jr. is vain, and likes to show it.

Good with the ladies, eh? Could that mean Gwen?
wink.gif

We know Eddie is catholic from the leaked trailer, and has a job at the Daily Bugle (possibly taking pictures of Spider-Man like Peter).

Speaking of Peter, we know that Eddie has a rivalry with him before he goes Venom (" I want you to kill Peter Parker"). We also know that Eddie might have a grudge against Spider-Man from trailer footage ("Whoah! Spidey, love the new outfit!" *symbiote Spider-Man takes away Brock's camera with webbing).

Finally, we know that Eddie Brock knows who Spider-Man is ("Parker,").

This thread was made to benefit the people that want to know who the Eddie charcter is, so feel free to add more to it.

Sam Raimi said that about the good with ladies and hair gel. Not Topher. Just a small correction.

I still giggle when I read that quote of Topher saying he killed a Hobo spider to get into character. lol!

Spider-Grrl1516 said:
Sam Raimi said that about the good with ladies and hair gel. Not Topher. Just a small correction.
Are you sure? Look here under the Sam and Eddie picture. It says "says Grace".
spideypremierepage004bf5.jpg

Steel Soldier said:
Are you sure? Look here under the Sam and Eddie picture. It says "says Grace".

I guess you're right...OOPS! I missread. But hey, I'm sick right now, so I have a reason to missread things.

Spider-Grrl1516 said:
I guess you're right...OOPS! I missread. But hey, I'm sick right now, so I have a reason to missread things.
No problem, I'm kind of a grammer freak.

I hope the scene of him asking God to kill Peter doesn't come off as cheesy as it sounds.

edit: damn, majik beat me to it.:cmad:

he wont be a "Bad motherf***er" until he gets the symbiote, peter shoves him into a framed picture and eddie looks like hes about to piss his pants. if he was a BMF, he would get into a brawl right there in at the bugle and knock peter the f*** out. but I have a very good feeling he wont throw a single punch,

i think he will store up all of his anger and hatred for peter/spidey and then once he turns into venom he will let it all go. in a glorious way :up:

He's supposed to flirt with Betty Brant too. That may be where being good with the ladies comes from. I bet he'll have trouble with Gwen though, if there is any relationship there at all.

he wont be a "Bad motherf***er" until he gets the symbiote, peter shoves him into a framed picture and eddie looks like hes about to piss his pants. if he was a BMF, he would get into a brawl right there in at the bugle and knock peter the f*** out. but I have a very good feeling he wont throw a single punch,

i think he will store up all of his anger and hatred for peter/spidey and then once he turns into venom he will let it all go. in a glorious way :up:
agreed, plus the symbioye bonding with brock brock creating venom is because the symbiotes hatred and brocks hatred for spiderman combined and created venom.

I'm picturing him as a Poser for a BMF, but really just being as much of a geek as normal Peter.

It seems that this might go the way of batman forever, one villain hating the hero while the other villain has a problem with his alter ego, except harry (up until the end we all think) who seems to hate peter as a person all together... Although I'm not too sure, since it seems the sandman doesn't have a problem with anyone at first, he just robs banks and doesn't hurt anyone till provoked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"