The Topher Grace/ Eddie Brock Thread

Aw, but 90% of what you just said was added after the fact because for the first half a dozen stories or so (you know....the GOOD ones) none of that was there. And it still makes no sense that Spidey is the one he vents on and not hte guy who lied to him, not his boss who fired him and not the serial killer who kept on killing....no it was Spidey.

Makes no sense. It was a bull**** motive and all that stuff was added years later to try and make it have depth. He just comes off as a pathetic stalker.

Exactly :up:

Ehh, Eddie might not have depth, but he's hella lot cooler than most of Spidey's rogue gallery.

Except for Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Green Goblin II, Lizard, Kingpin, Hobgoblin (I), Kraven the Hunter, Scorpion, Electro, Mysterio, Sandman and a few others....maybe.

(...)Green Goblin II(...)Kingpin, Hobgoblin (I), Kraven the Hunter, Scorpion, Electro, Mysterio, Sandman and a few others....

I'll be the controversial one and say that Osborn/Octavius/Brock/Connors > the rest of those villains. :o

Except for Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Green Goblin II, Lizard, Kingpin, Hobgoblin (I), Kraven the Hunter, Scorpion, Electro, Mysterio, Sandman and a few others....maybe.

Lizard kicks ass.

Green Goblin will always be great.

Doc Ock is IFFY on most occasions, especially when in Spider-Man 2.

Venom kicks all other ass.

All the other villains you named, no, they just suck.

Fusion is a better Eddie Brock than Eddie is.

IamProdigy said:

Not a fan of actual characters, huh?

Lizard kicks ass.

Kraven sucks? The only villain (besides Morlun who we pretend doesn't exist) hands down defeat Spider-Man, for all intensive purposes kill him, bury him alive and then dress up as Spidey and defeat one of Spidey's hardest foes while he is 'dead" for two weeks (only allowed to wake up because Kraven allowed it) while his wife of about a month thinks he is dead and doesn't know what happened to him.?!?!?!

What did Venom do agian. Oh that's right he had a big tongue.

I'd like to see anyone argue how Eddie Brock is a better villain than Harry Osborn in cartoon, film or especially the comics. Harry is hands down the most personal and psychologically scarring of Spidey's rogue gallery.

And what is iffy about Doc Ock? A few dozen classic stories compared to Venom's...two...three tops? And if we are bringing in movie Ock, while I preferred GG, Molina is hands down the most memorable villain of the trilogy and wipes the floor with movie Venom and not because of Grace, but because the character just isn't as strong, screentime or not.

Lizard kicks ass.

Venom is my favorite Villain and he is interesting, but the other Villians DACrowe mentioned are fantastic as well. They have classic comic book origin's, along with fascinating powers. Take Green Goblin II for example. Green Goblin II was amazing and he was such an interesting character.

Aw, but 90% of what you just said was added after the fact because for the first half a dozen stories or so (you know....the GOOD ones) none of that was there. And it still makes no sense that Spidey is the one he vents on and not hte guy who lied to him, not his boss who fired him and not the serial killer who kept on killing....no it was Spidey.

Makes no sense. It was a bull**** motive and all that stuff was added years later to try and make it have depth. He just comes off as a pathetic stalker. The movie took the character from TAS, which is still the best version of the character who was a scumbag developed properly and made him Peter's dopplenganger. I think the movie had the best premise of the character, but TAS is hands down the best execution. The comics character is as interesting as paint thinner.

IMO, of course.

That's why it's called displaced anger. Spidey became the embodiment because Eddie's emotional development is stunted. Granted some of those characteristics got fleshed out later but who says every aspect needs to be brought out immediately?
Speaking of TAS, they did Eddie's origin exponentially better than SM3 too. We saw Eddie training by himself in his apartment. His physique told the tale of his obsession. We saw several events that led him to nurse a grudge against Spidey. We saw him replaying those events in his head, truly believing that Spider-man was in the wrong. That is the crux of 616 Eddie. Had Raimi decided to go in this direction rather than with the overly simplistic Blowpher-Venom, the character might have been saved.

That's why it's called displaced anger.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Brock hates Spider-Man because he caught a serial killer and Brock put all of his stock into the wrong guy (a "compulsive confessor" :whatever:)? That fiend! How dare Spider-Man try to stop the bad guys! What a destroyer of innocence!

I'd also like to point out that the "emotional development was stunted" excuse makes no sense either. Eddie had a bad childhood, so that's why he shifts the blame for his problems onto others? :whatever:

Like I said, if you want a good example of a villain whose hatred of Spider-Man stems from displaced anger, look at Fusion. He is a better Eddie Brock than Eddie is.

Ah yes, so the inevitable latent homophobia finally rears its ugly...:o

You MUST be ******ed because I said nothing to show homophopbia, I was just making fun of certain characters.

But, then again, I'm not a big fan of homosexuals anyways, lol.

You MUST be ******ed because I said nothing to show homophopbia, I was just making fun of certain characters.

Do everyone a favour and leave these forums for good. You are hands down one of the worst posters we've had the misfortune to have here.

You contribute NOTHING to any thread other than stupid insults and ludicrous remarks.

heh , you can come out of the closet now.

Do everyone a favour and leave these forums for good. You are hands down one of the worst posters we've had the misfortune to have here.

You contribute NOTHING to any thread other than stupid insults and ludicrous remarks.

Now why in the world would I do something to make you happy? Haha.

It's okay, one dude named Joker, err, Doc Ock or whatever "hating" me doesn't make me sleep any less.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Brock hates Spider-Man because he caught a serial killer and Brock put all of his stock into the wrong guy (a "compulsive confessor" :whatever:)? That fiend! How dare Spider-Man try to stop the bad guys! What a destroyer of innocence!

I'd also like to point out that the "emotional development was stunted" excuse makes no sense either. Eddie had a bad childhood, so that's why he shifts the blame for his problems onto others? :whatever:

Like I said, if you want a good example of a villain whose hatred of Spider-Man stems from displaced anger, look at Fusion. He is a better Eddie Brock than Eddie is.

You are looking at the situation from a mentally healthy, rational point of view. With such a poor self image, Brock couldn't view the event in that manner. What he saw was the one area of his life in which he defined himself suddenly taken away. He felt worthless again only this time on a public stage. Through his distorted, myopic lens, he only saw shame and disappointment.

Now why in the world would I do something to make you happy? Haha.

Your reading skills leave alot to be desired. I said you'd be doing EVERYONE a favour by leaving. Not just me. Only an idiot would hang around a forum where nobody agrees with a single thing he says.

But then, like a child, you probably just crave the attention.

It's okay, one dude named Joker, err, Doc Ock or whatever "hating" me doesn't make me sleep any less.

Well, that is good. Because if you lost any sleep over anything on this message board, that would make you truly sad.

And, in case you had not noticed, there's plenty around here who can't stand you. Take off the rose coloured glasses. I've rarely seen anyone get disagreed with so much in their posts in such a short space of time.

You are really wrong about that.

I'm sure he's well used to that by now. This is a guy who thinks The Lizard is not a sympathetic villain :grin:

Your reading skills leave alot to be desired. I said you'd be doing EVERYONE a favour by leaving. Not just me. Only an idiot would hang around a forum where nobody agrees with a single thing he says.

But then, like a child, you probably just crave the attention.

Well, that is good. Because if you lost any sleep over anything on this message board, that would make you truly sad.

And, in case you had not noticed, there's plenty around here who can't stand you. Take off the rose coloured glasses. I've rarely seen anyone get disagreed with so much in their posts in such a short space of time.

I'm sure he's well used to that by now. This is a guy who thinks The Lizard is not a sympathetic villain :grin:

The funny thing is that you had to be sooo geeky as to breakdown my post into different areas just so you could TRY to get your posts across.

You called me an idiot for saying my thoughts? Well, damn...I guess you're an idiot, and everyone's an idiot for saying what they wanna say and who cares if people disagree; I'm not here to make friends, I have enough of those, but thanks for caring *****ebag, haha.

And they're not rose-colored glasses. They're Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses.

And thrice; I was pointing to the way the Lizard was in TAS; I'm not a comic-book reader, never was; I'm not a geek that names themselves after villains(yes, you).

The funny thing is that you had to be sooo geeky as to breakdown my post into different areas just so you could TRY to get your posts across.

That's not geeky. That's being thorough. You seem to be under the impression that if someone writes more than a paragraph that they are geeks and have no life.

Weren't you the one who said Blader5489 had no life because he wrote a plot outline for Spider-Man 4? LOL! You're utterly clueless. I dare you to go to the fan fiction forum and say that to the dozens of people writing out whole comic book related stories in there.

You called me an idiot for saying my thoughts?

No, I said only an idiot would hang around in a forum where nobody shares his point of view. I've yet to see anyone agree with your train of thought.

Well, damn...I guess you're an idiot, and everyone's an idiot for saying what they wanna say and who cares if people disagree;

Everyone else here says stuff that's at least half way sensible and understandable. Not you, though.

I'm not here to make friends

That's obvious.

I have enough of those, but thanks for caring *****ebag, haha.

A shining example of your maturity level.

Thank you. Only further reaffirms that I'm a better person than you.

And thrice; I was pointing to the way the Lizard was in TAS

A shining example of why what you say makes no sense. Lizard was a sympathetic villain in the cartoon, too.

I'm not a comic-book reader, never was

Again, that's something else that's blatantly obvious about you.

I'm not a geek that names themselves after villains(yes, you).

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

The second you registered on a Superhero message board to engage in conversation about comic book heros, you were a geek. The username you chose is absolutely irrelevant :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"