The Dark Knight What would make you stop trusting Nolan?

batmaluco said:
I'll trust him, as long as he keeps treating Batman with the respect and dignity that he deserves.

Great post, I agree.

Not a damn thing he gave the Batman movie franchise new life.

The main thing would be if he began discussing Batman movie ideas with Joel Schumacher.

If he got clubbed on the head by Schumacher onset and he took over. Id blame him for poor security ;)

Making a batman movie ****tier than batman and robin.

i would stop trusting him after he makes a crappy batman movie.

If Goyer writes it with him again...Damn, that was what held the first film back: Goyer's script and Nolan's crappy revisions.

Hey Nolan! You have a perfectly great brother and yourself to crack out a script! Drop Goyer, you already have the scheme for the upcoming film(s) laid out anyway. Why need him?

Also, Nolan needs to learn how to shoot action. Take some classes or lay low on action (like car-chases) and high on other craziness (like when Batman was set on fire, etc...)

That would make me distrust Nolan, if he got Goyer back and if he didn't learn how to shoot action well.

And that will probably be the case so he'll have a mediocre script with a great plot and story but terrible dialogue and a relationship sub-plot with no weight, and his action will still be sub-par and make no sense.

Can't wait though!

1. cast Keanu Reeves in the sequel
2. cast Brendan Frasier in the sequel
3. put nipples on any costume as anything other than mocking Schumacher...

I think if Nolan ever used anything from the older movies, I would not trust him anymore. Or bat nipples, that would like reliving a nightmare.

I don't have a specific personal vision for The Joker. And if I did, I'd make my own damned movie!

That said, I trust in Nolan. All I ask for is an engrossing movie that enterains, and does justice to the mythos, and doesn't insult me. That doesn't necessarily mean The Joker needs green hair and red lipstick.

Neon Lights, a Glowing bat-mobile, Arnold or Silverstone anywhere NEAR the film credits.

Tigerbeat casting.
Anything that resembles Tim Burton's dark humour/melancholy style.
One-Dimensional/Caricature-like characters.
Unrealistic storyline/action sequences.

When Nolan: Makes his Batman films catered for the soccer moms and their kids.

When Nolan: Makes his Batman films into the usual "summer popcorn action movie spectacle".

If Nolan: Fired Goyer.

Other than that: I.N.W.T.

1. Joker not being Joker. Make him pale-skinned, green haired, wide smile, purple suits with green shirt and blue tie, or pink shirt with green or orange tie. Make him someone who's hateable/likeable. Make him twisted, cookey, but most of all a sadistic son of a *****.

2. Batman nipples.

3. Neon-lighting in every scene.

4. Another boring baby-faced damsel in distress like Rachel Dawes. Give me a woman I can care about.

5. Give me a Penguin that resembles either the more refined, sophisticated "BTAS" version or Danny Devito's version except he doesn't eat fish or look like he was found wading around in the smelly, vile waters of Gotham City.

6. Ryan Phillipe or some young actor playing Harvey Dent. Schrieber is Dent damn it! And if they ruin it with Ledger and Phillipe who are talented actors but too young for their parts playing Joker and Two-Face than I'm afraid Nolan has lost me.

Avernus said:
1. cast Keanu Reeves in the sequel
2. cast Brendan Frasier in the sequel
3. put nipples on any costume as anything other than mocking Schumacher...

Katie Holme's costume had nipples in Begins, and i was fine with that. and by "her costume had nipples" i mean she had nipples, and they could be seen through her t-shirt. Yay Katie-Holmes-Nipples!

I'm beginning to think that you people feel that Nolan doesn't have a vision for the Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"