Transformers What would you do with the Placeholder names?

Chris B

Sidekick
Reaction score
According to Michael Bay, most of the Decepticons names are placeholders. So with that in mind, which names would you assign to those Decepticons? The way I see it, I would call them:

Helicopter: Soundwave
Police Car: Wildrider
Tank: Brawl
Mine Clearing Vehicle: I would keep Bonecrusher
Mechanical Scorpion: I would keep Scorponok
Boombox: Frenzy

I don't know if this is a placeholder name, but if it is, I would call the Energon Cube either the Creation Matrix or Vector Sigma.

cb48026 said:
I don't know if this is a placeholder name, but if it is, I would call the Energon Cube either the Creation Matrix or Vector Sigma.
I want it to be Creation Matrix too... I just hate the name change, and I don't think anyone should be worried about The Matrix (movie) or WB or people confusing them...

cb48026 said:
According to Michael Bay, most of the Decepticons names are placeholders. So with that in mind, which names would you assign to those Decepticons? The way I see it, I would call them:

Police Car: Wildrider
Tank: Brawl
Mine Clearing Vehicle: I would keep Bonecrusher
Mechanical Scorpion: I would keep Scorponok
Boombox: Frenzy

I predict that the Placeholder names will be changed to:
Vortex = Soundwave
Brawl = Runamuck or Dead End
Devastator = Bludgeon or Brawl
Soundwave = Soundbyte or Rumble

If the names don't change...then...meh...we'll see how the movie plays out.

The Energon Cube is nothing but the Creation Matrix...and I think the name will change too, to what? I dunno.

EDIT --- The reason I choose the names that I do, is not just because of the characters...but they are names that Hasbro ACTUALLY owns right now. That's a huge deciding factor on who the characters are. Last time I checked Hasbro still owned 42 G1 Autobot names and around 38 G1 Decepticon names.

Kanon said:
I want it to be Creation Matrix too... I just hate the name change, and I don't think anyone should be worried about The Matrix (movie) or WB or people confusing them...

There are actual legal reasons about using the name Matrix now.

zer00 said:

Hmm. Warner Bros could *claim* that... but it would likely not hold up in Court.

Unless "The Matrix" in this movie represents some computer generated alternate reality or something akin to that, the use of the word "Matrix" would not lead to the sort of consumer confusion or trademark dilution that Warner Bros would have to prove in Court.

Then again... folks will do anything just to avoid a lengthy lawsuit. And Dreamworks probably doesn't want critics pointing out or comparing this movie to "The Matrix."

zer00 said:

Theres no legal reasons. Transformers used it before the Wachowskis did. The only reason they're resistant to using the term is so stupid people aren't confused. And since stupid people are like 90% of the population of north america, thats something they want to avoid.

Police Car: Runamuck
Tank: Megatron
Mine Clearing Vehicle: Bonecrusher
Mechanical Scorpion: Scorponok
Boombox: Rumble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"