Transformers Like or Dislike the line-up? How would you change it?

from listening to the podcast it seemed like there was a specific reason why only a small number of Autobots came to earth

Roach, I didn't listen to the podcast, can you give the reason? In my opinion the autobots should have a higher numer for the same reason as the pilot cartoon. They were pretty much that last chance the autobots had to get energy to win the war. The decepticons were winning and more powerful so they didn't send as much troops.

it seems from what I remember that it's the opposite...the decepticons are winning and the Autobots are on the verge of losing...

What do you mean by opposite? That is the way I see it too.

Revovler said:
What do you mean by opposite? That is the way I see it too.

my bad i didnt read your post carefully...i assume that since they are losing they cant affored to lose to many robots from the front lines that is why a small number was sent

Well it's been rumored that the Decepticons are looking for Megatron, so this could explain why they need so many. Plus you really can't count Frenzy as an adversary....

Godzilla2000 said:
I honestly could care less who they get to do the voices of the other Autobots and Decepticons. My main concern is for Optimus and Megatron though. They did right by hiring Peter Cullen. Let's see if they can nab Frank Welker as well.

*Please God....let Frank Welker do the voice of Megatron.......>_<*
Agreed.
roach said:
it seems from what I remember that it's the opposite...the decepticons are winning and the Autobots are on the verge of losing...
I think they said is was something to do with raising the tension. A way to make the Autobots seem overpowered.

Although personally I think human intervention has a lot to do with it aswell otherwise they'd have nothing to do.

Godzilla2000 said:
Rumble was robbed!!!!! Something tells me Frenzy's going to be getting a little sibling rivalry knockdown back at Decepticon HQ.

P.S. I honestly don't know half the Decepticon lineup.

They went with Frenzy because Rumble is actually a somewhat developed character with fans, while Frenzy is just a cheap knock off of Rumble. Which one would you rather have their head kicked off by a pathetic human worm?

Nice to see a lot of that supposed "script review" was wrong.

The reason why the Decepticons outnumber the Autobots 8 to 5 is simple. It makes for compelling storytelling where our heroes try to overcome the odds with friendship and teamwork. They will most certainly receive help with some of the humans in there battles.

Godzilla2000 said:
What would the Autobots be without Wheeljack? With Wheeljack perhaps if things go well and they have cause for a sequel, they can add the original Dinobot Lineup of Grimlock, Swoop and Sludge to even out the ranks giving the Autobots a fair advantage against the Decepticons.

dunno if this was pointed out but Swoop wasnt an original the original three were Grimlock (T-Rex), Sludge (Brontosaurus), and Slag (Triceratops)

as for the list i would taken one deceptacon out for Prowl cuz hes the military type leader of the Autobots and is either 2nd in command or 3rd...forget exactly who comes first him or Jazz

The Majority of people are liking the line-up in itself. The look of some of the Decepticons - still up for grabs.

prowl comes first.
i never thought of jazz as leadership material.
ironhide is primes right hand man. i thought prowl then ironhide.

nah iron hide is just the tough as nails old dudes the top three are prime jazz and prowl

jimmy rhoads said:
I wanted Soundwave more than anyone else.

I couldn't agree more. I'm very dissapointed.

I don't know, I'm nervous about this. Looks like Bay isn't really interested in who was important or popular in the old series, it loolks like he is more interested in remaking the characters according to what he thinks will look "cool".

I feel like this is starting to look like another arrogant hollywood remake where the source material gets disregarded by film-makers who "know better".

That Godzilla parallel is starting to look pretty real. :(

Why are there more Decepticons than Autobots. I would like for the lineups to be even. Maybe add Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. I can kind od see what they may be doing. Maybe they are making it that the Decepticons are more of a threat because there are more of them. Therefore we could route for the heroes more. I can kind of see that angle.

Oerwinde said:
They went with Frenzy because Rumble is actually a somewhat developed character with fans, while Frenzy is just a cheap knock off of Rumble. Which one would you rather have their head kicked off by a pathetic human worm?

I was being facetious with tat post you know. Lighten up.

muscaremy said:
dunno if this was pointed out but Swoop wasnt an original the original three were Grimlock (T-Rex), Sludge (Brontosaurus), and Slag (Triceratops)

as for the list i would taken one deceptacon out for Prowl cuz hes the military type leader of the Autobots and is either 2nd in command or 3rd...forget exactly who comes first him or Jazz

Oh forgive me for my Alzheimers setting in early. :p

I like the line up. I do think it's a shame that there is a shortage in Autobots. I don't mind them being out numbered but I would have liked a couple more.

Mind you, as a kid growing up with toys like TF, G.I. Joe etc, I always thought that the bad guys looked cooler than the good guys. Just think Luke Skywalker in his white clothes from New Hope versus Bobba Fett for coolness. See what I mean? I always used to by the bad guys more.

..... that and I'm evil. :p

Well Blackout seems to be a favourite so you're not alone. ;)
Mal'Akai said:
Nice to see a lot of that supposed "script review" was wrong.
Not necessarily wrong at the time though, except for the 'human to robot' ratio maybe.

Chris M said:
I don't know, I'm nervous about this. Looks like Bay isn't really interested in who was important or popular in the old series, it loolks like he is more interested in remaking the characters according to what he thinks will look "cool".

I feel like this is starting to look like another arrogant hollywood remake where the source material gets disregarded by film-makers who "know better".

(

I think it's a case of Hasbro telling them who to use. Dont worry Soundwave done right will be in the sequel

Spark said:
Well Blackout seems to be a favourite so you're not alone. ;)

I think he looks awesome! And I can tell you, if I were still 8 years-old, I would have LOVED to have had these guys as toys!

I was one of the people desperately waiting to see the fate of Soundwave, positive in my own mind that he unequivocally had to be in this film...

...but, y'know what...?

For all the debates about mass-shifting, modern music technology and whether or not to make Soundwave a vehicle... it never dawned on me to just leave him out altogether.

And I like the idea. A lot.

Seriously... the mass-shifting idea in a "realistic" film is just dumb... making him an iPod or whatever is just stupid, not to mention asking for the film to date quickly... and, although I kinda liked the idea, seeing Soundwave as a helicopter or something would have made me feel a bit cheated.

So, what do they do? They give us something to remember Soundwave by. A completely obvious idea (in hindsight) of a related character who's already small! Frenzy - to me - is a great idea, because he's less-known yet provides a link to what we love. And, who knows? Maybe Rumble will be in the sequel.

Great idea that solves the problem, if you ask me! Let 'em ponder over Soundwave for another few years while we absorb the "newness" of all this.

:up:

What if Soundwave was a big ass stereo system, and Rumble and the others were the speakers?

Nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"