Transformers Confirmed Line-up and rumors

Reading the Don Murphy boards they are saying Bumblbee wont talk, that he has had his vocals cut out by a decepticon?????

I think its a cool concept...but why bumblebee, id of thought he would have most of the lines in the movie from a transformers point of view. As im sure he will have the most contact with humans.

AND, i dont care what kind of fan you are. But this one pisses me off the most
'Transformers arrive on earth in comets as big mounds of nanomachines which scan for alt modes upon arrival.'
Now that is just guitared. Id have no problems if they crashed landed and looked like a robotic george bush before finding alt modes...but nano machines? And in comets?
I thought we where getting a glimpse of cybertron? I dont care what series you have watched, loved or ejaculater over, none of them have come up with bull**** like that.

Mic said:
Reading the Don Murphy boards they are saying Bumblbee wont talk, that he has had his vocals cut out by a decepticon?????

I think its a cool concept...but why bumblebee, id of thought he would have most of the lines in the movie from a transformers point of view. As im sure he will have the most contact with humans.

AND, i dont care what kind of fan you are. But this one pisses me off the most
'Transformers arrive on earth in comets as big mounds of nanomachines which scan for alt modes upon arrival.'
Now that is just guitared. Id have no problems if they crashed landed and looked like a robotic george bush before finding alt modes...but nano machines? And in comets?
I thought we where getting a glimpse of cybertron? I dont care what series you have watched, loved or ejaculater over, none of them have come up with bull**** like that.
I would actually prefer Ratchet have his voice box cut out...because Ratchet is in fact a bada$$.

Supposedly we will see Cybertron

Its not what I love...or ejaculater over :confused: ...its what Transformers is. The last series (Cybertron) which is incredibly loved, even more than geeeewooonnnn. Had the Transformers months away from dying in a black hole come through a warp gate and exile their entire population to Earth...not much like G1 at all. RiD had Autobots as functioning members of human society, Prowl was even an actual police officer. Transtech (unreleased...but in high demand) had Autobots and Decepticons as Gundam like bodies with scary alt modes. Beast Machines had them blend organic and mechanical. Its different EVERY TIME...and very different I might add. Dr Spengler hit the nail on the head....TF fans are USED TO THIS. A very small minority believe G1 was the only universe ever...to illustrate how big TFverse is

Shows

G1

Continuity 1
Fight!Super Robot Life
TFTM
Transformers 2010
Rebirth

Continuity 2
Scramble City (lost episode)
Headmasters
Masterforce
Victory
Zone Movie
Return of Convoy (unreleased)

Comic Continuity 1
US Marvel Comic
TF/G.I.Joe
Headmasters
G.I.Joe featuring Megatron
US G2 Marvel Comic
(Out of continuity issue 68 and Transformers: the Movie)

Comic Continuity 2
UK Marvel Comic
UK G2 comic
Action Force

Comic Continuity 3
DW comic miniseries 1
DW comic miniseries 2
DW ongoing comic miniseries 3
Microbots

Unrelated Comic Continuity
War Within DW
Infiltration
G.I.Joe Transformers IDW
G.I.Joe Transformers WWII
G.I.Joe Transformers DW

Beast Wars

Continuity 1
Beast Wars
Beast Wars Metals
Beast Machines (Beast Wars Continues)

Unrelated Continuities
Beast Wars Neo
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo Movie

Comics
IDW Beast Wars
DW unreleased Beast Wars
Beast Wars Manga

Other

Armada/Energon (Micron Legend/Superlink)
Feature Cartoon Armada Pilot Movie
Transformers Armada
Transformers Energon
Armada/Energon comic

Cybertron/Galaxy Force
Transformers Galaxy Force

Other Notable Transformers Continuities.

Transtech (unreleased)
Transmythos (popular fan fiction)
Robotmasters (DVD available with toy)
Wreckers (Botcon exclusive comic supposedly bridges between G1 and BW)
Alternators/Binaltech presumably
Transformers The Movie (2007)

Mic said:
I can admit that I overreacted at first, but it doesnt change the way I feel. To be honest all I REALLY want is a live action version of the orignal movie. Ill never get it but thats all I want.

I dont think bay really cared that VW denied usage of the beetle. Cause if he did he would obviously get a car close to what the beetle is. A mini would have sufficed but he decides on a damn camero? Arnt they big ash muscle cars? (im not american so i cant be sure)

As for the design of prime above, i thought we were getting a more realistic version? Not a robotic Megaman. I was under the impression he would be very angular etc
And it does indeed looks like there going for a long nose Cab, as the skirt type thing hes wearing(very samurai kinda deal) looks like the nose.

What worries me about that drawing is why the red prime is labeled 'matrix- get version'
Is that what happens when he opens the matrix. Or when he receives it?

Im also glad to see he has an insignia, i was sure they wouldnt put the faction symbols on.
Id hate to have been the artist trying to recreate what the people saw lol.
Thats a fan rendering...don't take it as the actually one.

ShadowBoxing said:
Thats a fan rendering...don't take it as the actually one.
I didnt.
But its a rendering based on what what we know from the designs shown.

Mic said:
I didnt.
But its a rendering based on what what we know from the designs shown.
I mean the descriptions were vague enough that this could look absolutely nothing like the Prime we are going to see...

And by the way Cybertron and the Civil War is definitely a part of this movie since the subtitle is "Their War, Our World"

ShadowBoxing said:
And by the way Cybertron and the Civil War is definitely a part of this movie since the subtitle is "Their War, Our World"
Taglines mean jack **** these days.
I still dont get AvP, 'Whoever wins, we lose'
When in fact they both lost and we won.

Mic said:
Taglines mean jack **** these days.
I still dont get AvP, 'Whoever wins, we lose'
When in fact they both lost and we won.
You see that title meant whoever wins this movie still sucks and you just lost eight bucks...so therefore Whoever Wins, We Loose was very much correct

Look I think people who haven't followed the movie closely got the wrong impression from the beginning. I knew from the minute Spielberg signed on and did his video fan mail that this was not going to be G1. I feel incredibly sorry for people who did. But you only have yourselves to blame for not fully understanding the dimensions of TFU. I know that sounds crass. But you have to look at it from the perspective of what the Transformers actually are. Name rotations, new continuities (as I have shown), new series, new takes and new innovations. The reason Transformers is just so popular is because it ALWAYS reinvents itself. Its never just that same ol G1, 1980s mixed with futuristic cars and gimmicks. Sometimes we get minicons, other times Cyber planet keys, other times linking power, other times robots who are functioning members of earthen society, or when they are part organic. If you fear change, or cannot handle a new take then Transformers is not for you...and it wasn't for you 17 years ago...or even 20 years ago.

Transformers killed their leader, their most popular character. That moment had defined the series as one that is not afraid to do something new and different around every corner. I don't want Transformers to stay the same, nor do most fans. Everyone in the Transfan community wants a return to G1 (we have gotten it in several forms here and there), but at the same time we have come to expect new and different phases of Transformers. Most of these turn out very popular, and some like Beast Wars, RiD and Cybertron have ended up overshadowing G1 in many regards.

So no this is not a movie like X-Men, where fans start going into crazy town when a costume is changed, or a storyline is totally altered...this is Transformers.

o yeah forgot bout the vw thing..... stupid no war movie or toys allowed....

ShadowBoxing said:
Look I think people who haven't followed the movie closely got the wrong impression from the beginning. I knew from the minute Spielberg signed on and did his video fan mail that this was not going to be G1. I feel incredibly sorry for people who did. But you only have yourselves to blame for not fully understanding the dimensions of TFU. I know that sounds crass. But you have to look at it from the perspective of what the Transformers actually are. Name rotations, new continuities (as I have shown), new series, new takes and new innovations. The reason Transformers is just so popular is because it ALWAYS reinvents itself. Its never just that same ol G1, 1980s mixed with futuristic cars and gimmicks. Sometimes we get minicons, other times Cyber planet keys, other times linking power, other times robots who are functioning members of earthen society, or when they are part organic. If you fear change, or cannot handle a new take then Transformers is not for you...and it wasn't for you 17 years ago...or even 20 years ago.

I guess you just skimmed through my comment. Look, Tom Desanto (one of the producers of Xmen) was the first to publicly acknowledge the live action production of Transformers a couple of years ago before Dreamworks got the actual ball rolling. He specifically said that it was going to be "based" on the "G1" mythos. That's what excited the fans (including myself) of G1 for a whole year. Of course, when Dreamworks got involved, they had their own set of ideas; and it became evident that the G1 mythos were not in the equation. That's when the complaints started mounting...and I don't blame them. If you're going to do a movie based (or vaguely based) on something, base it on what made it popular in the first place. But you're right, it's futile. I'll probably see it anyways...hey, who doesn't want to see a movie about giant transforming robots running amuck on earth rendered with the latest technology.

Concerning the popularity of G1; it had never ended. Sure,the cartoons and the toylines has ended, but that's the evolution of the toyline industry...one generation end so they could profit with another (Beastwars, Headmasters, etc.)--that's understandable, but to allude to the notion that no ones been interested for anything G1 for the past 17-20 years is ridiculous. They've reissued the G1 toyline up, remastered the original episodes on dvd, Dreamwave had a solid comic run following the original mythos, and a reputable producer (Tom Desanto) got a live-action (originally based on G1) greenlighted. G1's always been prevalent.

G1 was what made the "Transformers" trademark popular, not the incarnations. bad place, it was so popular it even got an animated movie made with a theatrical release, I can't say that about it's other incarnations. And no, you don't have to like the "other versions" to be a serious fan, you can just support the version that started the legacy.

Change? I guess it went so well for Catwoman, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, StreetFighter, Mario Bros, Godzilla, alien vs predator, etc. studios never learn.

I am true to the transformers and I wont believe anything untile I see some true beleivable things. Unconfirmed source my a$$. Did Don post this at his website or did a fan. I know it came from allspark. Heres the thing. From past movies and info about them before they came out I have learned to not believe the speculation until around when the pictures of the set or chars come out. So many websites said that Gambit was supposed to be in the first, second and third XMen movie. Where the bad place is he. They had actors that were cast to play him and everything, but it all turned out to be bull$hit. I wont belive anything until 2007. Then the true info will come out.

Yes there are other continuitys, but most of them feel like corps robbers. Its all way to japanesse and way to kiddy anime cliches. With the exception of a few eppisods they all suck anyway. Some of the redisings are nices but armada was ****ing trasfome mon for christs sakes.

Evoldog said:
I guess you just skimmed through my comment. Look, Tom Desanto (one of the producers of Xmen) was the first to publicly acknowledge the live action production of Transformers a couple of years ago before Dreamworks got the actual ball rolling. He specifically said that it was going to be "based" on the "G1" mythos. That's what excited the fans (including myself) of G1 for a whole year. Of course, when Dreamworks got involved, they had their own set of ideas; and it became evident that the G1 mythos were not in the equation. That's when the complaints started mounting...and I don't blame them. If you're going to do a movie based (or vaguely based) on something, base it on what made it popular in the first place. But you're right, it's futile. I'll probably see it anyways...hey, who doesn't want to see a movie about giant transforming robots running amuck on earth rendered with the latest technology.

Concerning the popularity of G1; it had never ended. Sure,the cartoons and the toylines has ended, but that's the evolution of the toyline industry...one generation end so they could profit with another (Beastwars, Headmasters, etc.)--that's understandable, but to allude to the notion that no ones been interested for anything G1 for the past 17-20 years is ridiculous. They've reissued the G1 toyline up, remastered the original episodes on dvd, Dreamwave had a solid comic run following the original mythos, and a reputable producer (Tom Desanto) got a live-action (originally based on G1) greenlighted. G1's always been prevalent.

G1 was what made the "Transformers" trademark popular, not the incarnations. bad place, it was so popular it even got an animated movie made with a theatrical release, I can't say that about it's other incarnations. And no, you don't have to like the "other versions" to be a serious fan, you can just support the version that started the legacy.

Change? I guess it went so well for Catwoman, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, StreetFighter, Mario Bros, Godzilla, alien vs predator, etc. studios never learn.

Never said it didn't

As for Tom Desanto saying it will be based on G1. Never happened. The quote was "Just like with X-Men I want to get to the core of what makes Transformers great"....then he said he was rewatching G1 episodes and comics. The people at AICN said it would be based on G1, but DeSanto has never been quoted as saying this.

as for Change working well....I guess it turned out poorly for Batman Begins, Spider-Man movies, X-Men films, every Transformers cartoon and toyline of the past 17 years, comic books, Every Sonic the Hedgehog game, James Bond films, color and talking cinema, modern medicine, the auto industry and Government...yeah people never learn :rolleyes:

I just want a good film. I'll give them a lot of freedom with Transformers since there is a lot of freedom available with that particular show/toyline/comic. So long as they deliver a good story I will be fine

Evoldog said:

This I agree with. Good post man.

ShadowBoxing said:
Its just a licencing thing. Don obviously wanted VW, they just said no. Its the companies call unfortunately. I mean if I were VW, I'd want my car in a summer blockbuster...especially when it sucks so bad in the first place. But they didn't...they'll live with their decision. This is not Don or Bay's fault, its just VW being high and mighty or some stuff...I know I don't like it either.:down

ShadowBoxing, I like your attitude.

I've been a Transformers fan since 1984 and have been waiting for this movie since I was a kid. Me and my school friends used to spend many hours talking about which of our favourite characters we'd like to see on the big screen.

Fast-forward to today and I'm as giddy as a kid at the prospect of seeing these characters brought to life in a movie.

Who cares if they've made changes to the characters? Who cares what vehicles they change into?

If the studio saw fit to make changes for the sake of making our beloved characters more believable does it really matter?

I think it's amazing that the so-called fans will ***** about what kind of truck Prime transforms into in the movie, yet they don't bat an eyelid at the thought of him transforming into an ape!

Come 2007, we're gonna see Optimus, Megatron, and a whole host of big-ash robots kicking the crap out of each other on the big screen.
And as a bonafide, card-carrying, hardcore G1 fanatic...that's all I care about.

Bring it on, that's what I say.
The rest of the whining so-called fans can go to bad place.

Sorry been to bad place and I am anticipating my return. I didn't bat an eyelid when Prime turned into an ape because that was Optimus Primal. Different bot. I'm still a fan and will accept a few changes. But big ones like Shadow here is saying seems a bit farfetched and over the top.

ShadowBoxing said:
Never said it didn't

As for Tom Desanto saying it will be based on G1. Never happened. The quote was "Just like with X-Men I want to get to the core of what makes Transformers great"....then he said he was rewatching G1 episodes and comics. The people at AICN said it would be based on G1, but DeSanto has never been quoted as saying this.

as for Change working well....I guess it turned out poorly for Batman Begins, Spider-Man movies, X-Men films, every Transformers cartoon and toyline of the past 17 years, comic books, Every Sonic the Hedgehog game, James Bond films, color and talking cinema, modern medicine, the auto industry and Government...yeah people never learn :rolleyes:

I just want a good film. I'll give them a lot of freedom with Transformers since there is a lot of freedom available with that particular show/toyline/comic. So long as they deliver a good story I will be fine

Actually this is what was reported by AICN, "DeSanto says that the film will be based on Generation One and set on Earth and that he's been rewatching all the cartoons and reading all the comics."
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15972

Another from SciFi Wire, "Tom DeSanto told SCI FI Wire that the film will make use of both computer and practical effects for the signature machines and will be based primarily on the original 1980s lineup.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-07/21/12.00.film

I admit, they're not actual quotes, but anyone reading it will assume otherwise. But I don't want to beat a dead horse, so I'll agree...since he wasn't actually quoted, I'll drop the argument--my advice to the reporters, clarify your damn facts.

As for changes, I'm not an idiot. You're never going to 100% translate one medium to the next without certain changes. I can't believe that you actually think that we (anyone criticizing the production) actually want a literal translation.

Look, Batman Begins, Spiderman (1,2), Xmen (1,2), Superman (1,2), V for Vendetta, etc. were successful not because they made changes, but were successful because they knew not to deviate too far from what made them popular. Changes are a necessity for any adaptation, but you have to keep the core "iconic" concept. Just keeping the logos and names are unacceptable. When the audiences saw Batman, Wolverine, Spiderman...they saw Batman, Wolverine, and Spiderman. It wasn't like in Godzilla, where they saw a giant lizard masquarding as Godzilla. Wouldn't you be angry if you went to see Superman and you got the Greatest American Hero?

Hey, I admire your optimism (no pun intended) and passioned responses to the film production. Unfortunately my feelings are to the contrary.

I think that the main problem with this movie is that people who are working on it are not thinking like the fans of G1. They would change Starscream into a tank if it suited their goals or make Bumblebee a helicopter. When a fan looks at the source maerial, he tries to take a new aproach, to make a deeper story, but without major changes to the original characters. What these people are doing is mixing the characters they think would look cool on screen and making their own mythology that has nothing or little to do with the source material. After I read the report on AICN, I lost all my hopes for seeing G1 on the big screen. Althogh Michael Bay will, without a doubt, make a fun and action-packed movie, it will not be a movie that most of us expect.
Again, I must say that the problem is that they didn't take a group of long-term fans of the material to work on the film, they just do what they think would be cool. If anything, the last few comic bool/cartoon based movies showed us that it takes a little love for the source material to make a good adaptation.

Evoldog said:
Actually this is what was reported by AICN, "DeSanto says that the film will be based on Generation One and set on Earth and that he's been rewatching all the cartoons and reading all the comics."
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15972
Well if you knew more about that article you'd know AICN said that not DeSanto...Don Murphy and DeSanto have NEVER been quoted as saying its G1. AICN took the fact that DeSanto was reading old source material as indicating it would be G1, but DeSanto never said those words. The only time G1 was alluded to by either Don or DeSanto was when they said it was to be a "vague representation" of G1.

It's been stated time and again on the TF boards that there was really never any direct quote to this affect. AICN has a habit of jumping the gun on these sorts of things.

Alizarin said:
I think that the main problem with this movie is that people who are working on it are not thinking like the fans of G1. They would change Starscream into a tank if it suited their goals or make Bumblebee a helicopter. When a fan looks at the source maerial, he tries to take a new aproach, to make a deeper story, but without major changes to the original characters. What these people are doing is mixing the characters they think would look cool on screen and making their own mythology that has nothing or little to do with the source material. After I read the report on AICN, I lost all my hopes for seeing G1 on the big screen. Althogh Michael Bay will, without a doubt, make a fun and action-packed movie, it will not be a movie that most of us expect.
Again, I must say that the problem is that they didn't take a group of long-term fans of the material to work on the film, they just do what they think would be cool. If anything, the last few comic bool/cartoon based movies showed us that it takes a little love for the source material to make a good adaptation.

Totally agree!!!

ShadowBoxing said:
Well if you knew more about that article you'd know AICN said that not DeSanto...Don Murphy and DeSanto have NEVER been quoted as saying its G1. AICN took the fact that DeSanto was reading old source material as indicating it would be G1, but DeSanto never said those words. The only time G1 was alluded to by either Don or DeSanto was when they said it was to be a "vague representation" of G1.

It's been stated time and again on the TF boards that there was really never any direct quote to this affect. AICN has a habit of jumping the gun on these sorts of things.

Yes, I know and understand a lot about the articles.

Like I said, I dropped the argument due to the fact that Tom Desanto wasn't actually quoted...it was merely hearsay. Both Sci Fi Wire and AICN (I supplied the links to the articles) both reported that Tom Desanto either "says" or "told" them that he would base it on G1.

Now to me, that's just bad reporting. If he actually said what he had said, I don't know why they couldn't have just quoted him instead of speaking on his behalf. Still, I don't blame any fans for misreading the statement...like I said, just bad reporting.

Evoldog said:
Yes, I know and understand a lot about the articles.

Like I said, I dropped the argument due to the fact that Tom Desanto wasn't actually quoted...it was merely hearsay. Both Sci Fi Wire and AICN (I supplied the links to the articles) both reported that Tom Desanto either "says" or "told" them that he would base it on G1.

Now to me, that's just bad reporting. If he actually said what he had said, I don't know why they couldn't have just quoted him instead of speaking on his behalf. Still, I don't blame any fans for misreading the statement...like I said, just bad reporting.
No I first and foremost blaim the press completely. They have been printing from the beginning (even without interviewing) this would be G1. So yes they have been speaking on people's behalf. The quote twice now (just today actually) from DeSanto was he would "like X-Men stick to the heart of the franchise"....

"Prowler974" I prefer your Artwork over then what is posted above.......I hope someone from the film is reading this to get some better ideas perhaps from your talent.

I donno your artwork just seems more practicle, todate and real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"