Transformers Confirmed Line-up and rumors

ShadowBoxing said:
Its different EVERY TIME...and very different I might add. Dr Spengler hit the nail on the head....TF fans are USED TO THIS. A very small minority believe G1 was the only universe ever...to illustrate how big TFverse is

Perhaps a small minority of *FANS* believe this. But generally speaking anybody who came of age in the 80's (Gen X'ers) and are casual fans... not "fanboys" believe Transformers is and always will be G1. The original cartoon, the original comic, the original story line, the original characters.

I wouldn't call them a minority.... I'd call them an entire generation of guys and gals.

This movie will leave them purplexed. Word of mouth will spread. Those that did go on Opening Day won't go see the movie again... for instance, I might go see this movie with my friends on opening night..... but, I might not go again to take my daughter.

Why would I take her? To show her the SoundWave that I loved when I was kid completely changed and castrated? The Bumblebee that can't talk? There would be no bonding experience in there for us. I'd rather take her to a Pixar movie or something.

I have no doubt this movie will be "successful" as all Bay movies are.... but, will it be "X-Men" or "Spider-Man" quality? I think a lot of you guys have already resigned yourself to the fact that it will not be.

Who freaking care if Bumblebee is a Camaro instead of a freaking Beetle? This is not Herby, this is Transformers.

I'd rather have them make the movie badass and serious then cheesy and kiddy. And this is what they are doing.

A MH-53 Military Chopper scrapping a military base in the opening 10 mins? Hell freakin yes.

TheCardPlayer said:
Who freaking care if Bumblebee is a Camaro instead of a freaking Beetle? This is not Herby, this is Transformers.

People have repeatedly said it doesn't have to be a Beetle. But a Camaro? Most teenager's first car isn't a Camaro (maybe Bay's was) unless you grew up in Bensenhurst Brooklyn. It was a junk hatchback of some sort or some other compact car or hand-me-down.

CliffJumper was the speedster (a Mazda spider if I remember correctly).

TheCardPlayer said:
I'd rather have them make the movie badass and serious then cheesy and kiddy. And this is what they are doing.
A MH-53 Military Chopper scrapping a military base in the opening 10 mins? Hell freakin yes.

Then this movie is for you. I'd rather a thoughtful sci-fi movie AND badass action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"