The Avengers What would YOU make the AVENGERS movie about..?

I'm not entirely sure Loki could be the villain in the Avengers, because he absolutely will be the main villain in the Thor movie and to have him essentially repeat his actions in Avengers either detracts from Thor's victory, belittles the threat level of Loki in Thor, or Narnia/Tolkienifies the Avengers too much too soon

Lets put together a list of Avengers villains associated with the team rather than predominantly with a single hero.
Such as:
Kang
Ultron
Masters of Evil (yeah I know, Zemo's a Cap villain)
Count Nefaria?

Do they actually have any others? Most seem to be someone more involved with a single hero and having to take on the Avengers as an aside (Grim Reaper, Space Phantom, Dr Doom, Egghead)

Last edited:
I was just thinking about Loki. Consider this: At the end of Thor's movie, if Loki's machinations lead to Thor getting cast out of Asgard down to Earth, basically that would mean Loki wins that round. So if he comes back in the Avengers movie, that's round 2, which of course would go to Thor and his new friends. So I wouldn't rule out Loki having at least a role in Avengers.

The only real problem with using Loki, or Leader, or any villain that showed up in another character's solo film, is that it may skew the context of the film toward that character... as though it is about them.

I would be OK with this for Cap... The Avengers needs to be about the team joining, learning to be a team, and getting behind cap as their leader. So a plot that high-lights him just slightly over the others, is fine by me. Which, if I over-analyze the title of Cap's movie (leading with "The First Avenger") then this makes even more sense.

I am pulling for the Skull with a mercenary army, hi-tech AIM weapons, Crossbones in the mix, and potentially the Cosmic Cube. A final scene where Cap smashes the cube with Mjolnir (utterly freaking out Thor... and the audience, since it will have been well-established that even Hulk can't lift it), is what I want. Thor would see it as a sign that fighting along side this mortal, following his mission, his visions, his orders... is where the Prince of Asgard belongs.

Last edited:
^ You know, I think the Leader, indirectly, will have more to do with the Avengers than Loki will. Loki will be purely a Thor villain.

In the comics Loki inadvertently brings the Avengers together while he is trying to lure Thor to his doom by manipulating the Hulk.
I could see this working for the first film, and then Loki leaving the Avengers alone. [BLACKOUT]Maybe even purposely bringing them together to occupy Thor's time.[/BLACKOUT]

In the comics Loki inadvertently brings the Avengers together while he is trying to lure Thor to his doom by manipulating the Hulk.
I could see this working for the first film, and then Loki leaving the Avengers alone. [BLACKOUT]Maybe even purposely bringing them together to occupy Thor's time.[/BLACKOUT]

nice thinking

Kinda depends on whether a threat comes up and Fury puts together/deploys the team, or whether someone who's not a member yet seeks out help on something they've almost been killed by

I think the plot should be epic to say the least.

The film starts with Captain America getting thawed out after the events of his film. The first people he meets are Tony Stark, Nick Fury, Black Widow and SHIELD who have an offer for him.

Even though he feels disconnected and shocked by the fact that he is in a new time, he reluctantly agrees to be in the Avengers.

Stark takes Steve to the Avengers mansion where he meets the current members of the literally brand new group: Henry Pym, Wasp, War Machine, Hawkeye, Black Panther. Immediately there is tension between the members, But they pull together in order to find the remaining member Thor. After meeting the god, Thor initially refuses to join. But the Avengers cannot dwell on that long, because they get a call that SHIELD has located him. The Incredible Hulk.

The team move in to detain the Hulk. The team is so awkward. Capn and Iron Man clash because they both try to be leaders, Hawkeye's archery clashes with Black Panther's close range fighting, War Machine and Henry/Wasp clash over different battle mindsets, and Thor disregards the fact that he is causing more damage than Hulk. Eventually the Hulk escapes and The team and Thor head back to their base with their heads down.

Each teammate blames each other for the failed mission. SHIELD thinks of pulling the plug until they get a call. Recently caught felon Sam "Snap" Wilson has valuable information.

Wilson gets interrogated by Fury,Capn, Stark and (good cop, bad cop, badder cop). In exchange for a clean slate and freedom, Wilson says that he saw the terrorist group "HYDRA" lead by Viper plotting on an island. SHIELD releases him and they start making plans to assault the island.

Captain reads Wilson's file and about how Sam Wilson used to be a community leader until his parents were gunned down. Captain urges Sam to do the best for his parents memory and do right by them. The words resonate with Wilson but initially he walks away

But their plans are interrupted by another Hulk attack. The group initially refuses ready to disband and go their own ways. But eventually knowing that Hulk cant be stopped on their own, they once again reluctantly move to capture Hulk.

Capn steps up to the leadership role and the team captures the Hulk. But there is no time to celebrate, The Avengers then move to stop HYDRA. Wilson dawns a costume and becomes Falcon and the team starts an epic battle on the island.

The team is doing well but they know that they cant win. Bruce Banner in custody breaks out of jail, transforms into Hulk and helps the Avengers win the battle.

After the victory, Banner willingly goes back in SHIELD custody and the team celebrates the dawning of the great superhero team

-------------------------

I like this idea because it leaves rooms for spin offs (ahem Black Panther) if there need be. Falcon could be in a Captain America movie.

Last edited:
Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) is still on the run from the american government, and now that he has learned how to control his inner monster, the Hulk, he's nowhere to be found. Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), director of SHIELD, an secret organization that protects the world from extraordinary threats, is called and told to form a team to find and capture the Hulk "before he causes more harm". Aided by the army, led by Gen. Thaddeus Ross (William Hurt) and the Air force, represented by Col. James Rhodes (Don Cheadle), Fury reunites Captain America (Jason Lewis), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Wasp (Grace Park), Giant Man (Chris Vance) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson). To aid the so-called "Avengers" on their task, an advanced artificial inteligence developed by dr. Hank Pym, the Giant Man, called Ultron, is upgraded in SHIELD's mainframe, updating all the vehicles, weapons and computers. Ultron tracks Hulk to New York and a big battle ensues, ending with Banner overcomed and captured.

Banner is captive in SHIELD's headquarters and the Avengers become a public sensation, but things don't last. Captain America grows suspicious of SHIELD's intentions and discovers Ultron has taken control of all the technology in USA, and plans to kill millions of people and substitute them for his copies. And he plans to use the Hulk as his warhead, threw mental control, and, because of that, he murdered the president and placed an copy in his place, to manipule SHIELD to do his bidding.

With their whole technology turned against them, SHIELD is ravaged, and the Avengers must bend together as a real team to fight Ultron. And they won't do it alone. Thor (Chris Hemsworth), having refused Fury's invitation at first, comes back to fight Ultron, who can destroy the whole Earth if set free.

Humans VS. Machines.

Who'll win?

There was an entry about this same subject at slashfilm.. but they removed it :huh: don't know why

i'd love ultron to be in it, i honestly don't want the hulk to be the villian

Don't want Ultron to take over all the technology in the USA, don't want a man Vs machine who'll win type scenario - this aint Terminator you know

I'd save Ultron for part 2 at least. Let the first one end with the Avengers as big time public heroes (having to fight Ultron would not help that case); if the second one ends with their reputation getting wrecked (like Bats at the end of TDK), Ultron would be perfect to bring that about.

As cool as it would be to see Ultron, I want to see him done right. Have Pym building Ultron in the first one (like a nice Batman Begins-Joker tease).

The Chitauri would be good.

Loki and the Wrecking Crew too.

Some major elemets for me:

No aliens in this first one
No thousand strong SHIELD agent backup
No Terminator rip off
If the Hulk is not an immediate team member, have him as the target of the villain as a weapon rather than an outright villain
No guns on Hawkeye
Preferably a villain with superpowered inner circle and plenty of cannon fodder to beat up

No Terminator rip off
If the Hulk is not an immediate team member, have him as the target of the villain as a weapon rather than an outright villain
No guns on Hawkeye
Preferably a villain with superpowered inner circle and plenty of cannon fodder to beat up

I agree with all of these except the Hawkeye one. Yes Hawkeye should use a bow and arrow where convenient, but let's be honest it's the 21st Century. How many warriors do you know today that use bows and arrows? He's not even super powered for gosh sakes. How is he supposed to fight against supervillians with a bow and arrow? Or why would SHIELD, the most high tech spy agency on the planet, hire a guy with 16th century weaponry? It's just silly. The bows and arrows should make appearances where it is appropriate but he should use guns as well. Once again, Millar's Ultimates got it right IMHO.

No Terminator rip off

No guns on Hawkeye

^I nominate Count Nefaria, the Lethal Legion and HYDRA.

^Thats a few too many separate villains really. Its three villainous entities. Zemo as the figurehead, the masters of evil as his superpowered inner circle, and various fanatical operators, tech and security personnel for Zemo's base/company would work more fluidly. Zemo as a central villain has all the elements:

1) Not too spacey, not too magicky.
2) Draws on Cap's past from his fighting Zemo XII back in WW2 who at the time was an important figure in Hitler's own inner circle but believed in ruling it all, not eliminating the useful just because they were born outside of Hitler's definition of worthy race.
3) Has direct comic connections (Zemo running Hydra would likely outrage the geekiest fans, and confuse those movie goers who choose to pick up related TPB's after having seen it)
4) Masters of evil provides a pre-existing comic villain team of enough raw power that automatically SHIELD or the army (or of course any single hero) cannot withstand
5) Zemo not being superpowered makes him a bad guy more likely to surround himself with lackeys to defend him, and to have amassed a wealth by illicit means to enable his plans rather than being able to rely on being a powerhouse/godlike figure
6) Allows for numerous locations as Zemo has been both a castle dweller and a jungle lair guy. His family ancestry allows for centuries of Zemo property to have been hidden, used or created for him to just move into or use as satellite bases making it harder to find him and ensuring a global chase not confined only to America

Oh, and Aztec - Hawkeye without Archery skills so incredible and off the wall that negate enemies with guns just makes him a SHIELD agent - so why is he an Avenger at all? We already have a superb athlete, acrobat and fighting human in Cap - so why does a non-legend, non superpowered, average skilled sprays everyone with bullets SHIELD agent get picked for the roster? Its not like he's even the leader or a former general or something - Nick is.

Same arguement would go for Bullseye now wouldnt it? Why would anyone hire a bloke to take out a target with a paperclip when you can hire someone cheaper with a gun with a targetting scope from the blocks away? Its because he's so good with any object (or arrows of course) that he makes a guy with a gun look like an ameteur.

Last edited:
I agree with all of these except the Hawkeye one. Yes Hawkeye should use a bow and arrow where convenient, but let's be honest it's the 21st Century. How many warriors do you know today that use bows and arrows? He's not even super powered for gosh sakes. How is he supposed to fight against supervillians with a bow and arrow? Or why would SHIELD, the most high tech spy agency on the planet, hire a guy with 16th century weaponry? It's just silly. The bows and arrows should make appearances where it is appropriate but he should use guns as well. Once again, Millar's Ultimates got it right IMHO.

Well the bow and arrow could work I think. He's got his grappel arrow, sorta like Batman's grappel gun. He's got his trick arrows like high explosive, smoke grenade and all that.

He isn't going to be running head long into battle is he? He would be more of a tactical fighter. Using his grappel arrow to get somewhere up high, then firing his high explosive arrow into a crowd of enemies or something. Could be very effective, there is many different uses for it, if you use your imagination.

Zemo would be cool, but I think there are better villains.

Haters of the Hawkeye bow and arrow must be Ultimate readers over classic Avengers readers.
There are certain Ultimate elements to this movie based on Sam Jackson being Fury, Tony having killed in his movie (though one hopes he goes for more non-lethal options in IM2), and the look of Cap in his WW2 movie undoubtedly following his Ultimate chronology.
However, the tone should be more 616 in terms of non-lethal wherever possible, which offers the chance to demonstrate Hawkeye being able to hit any point of a person with an arrow to wound - not headshots with a pistol.

Zemo has potential, but it depends on his look and motivation. What would the goal of the villain be?

Hawkeye should have weapons that shot non-lethan concussive darths. And a bow and arrows.

The whole point of HE using a bow, is that he serves the team in a tactical way. Different arrows that do different things would be an asset to the team who is already full of some serious power. They don't need a guy with a gun. Besides, BW will be a secret ops gun-slinger.

They need a versatile player that will do other things besides just fight... Someone who can deactivate electronic servailance or weapon systems with an electro arrow... repel a squad of bad-guys with a tear gas arrow... drop a gate or tunnel ceiling with an explosive arrow... infiltrate quitely with a grapple arrow... signal the team with a flare arrow... plus have some cool tech on his belt that allows him to press a button so that the desired arrow rotates into grabbing position. Instead of a mask, he has mutli-purpose goggles that have infared, UV, a HUD, and a targetting system.

Giving him a gun just reeks of low creativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"