The Avengers What villain do you want in the Avengers movie?

This Is The Avengers Not the Ultimates.Yes It Is losily based on the first
volume but since The Avengers Is almostly certinly a Shield Group like the
Ultimates having Loki Is a nice tie to the gathering like the classic Avengers.

This Is The Avengers Not the Ultimates.Yes It Is losily based on the first
volume but since The Avengers Is almostly certinly a Shield Group like the
Ultimates having Loki Is a nice tie to the gathering like the classic Avengers.

It's one way of a thousand ways to have classical tie in elements.

I don't think the Skrull will be in this film.... or the next one.

i don't understand why people think that the hulk will be a villain in THIS film.... at the end of TIH i think they purposely showed Banner turning into the hulk and smirking to hint that he has control over the hulk.... so i dont think they would have him being a starting foe to face if he has control.. which leaves only him becoming a foe later in the film but i dont think they will do because it would complicate the film and overcrowd it

I literally pray you are right. Skrulls or any aliens would be a VERY bad idea.
how would it be a bad idea? if done right they could easily be introduced.... i mean if its a "reality based" thing u guys are worried about, lets not forget that thor is a god, and the hulk is a massive monster,

I actually wouldn't mind a Skrull invasion. Alien shapeshifters impersonating and infiltrating the heroes, causing all sorts of conflict and mistrust? Go for it.

Kree-Skrull War!

Kree-Skrull War!

Kree-Skrull War!

Kree-Skrull War!

Kree-Skrull War!

:)

The fact is that Iron Man broke the $300 million mark while Hulk is stuck too near Hellboyish numbers. It's a fine line on what the public will like and accept and using green aliens from outer space would cross that line. 6' 5" "gods" featuring superpowers is one thing but for some reason, aliens carries a massive negative stereotype. People are crazy for Iron Man because there's an aura of plausibility that goes with its wonder. You don't lose that with a Norse god or a super soldier but you do when you inject green aliens from outer space. The Ultimates story straight up won't work and the goofy amalgam from the Ultimate Avengers animated movie won't work either. I seriously hope Marvel has something grander and more reality based up their sleeve.

Yeah, that's a good point. But I think it could work, good enough hype. Transformers managed to make a fortune with ****ing big alien robots...

If they keep the conflict not too over the top, and the presence of the skrulls is hinted in previous movies like Cap America, and there is some way to tie it to Iron Man or Iron Man 2, audiences might look foward to it

The fact is that Iron Man broke the $300 million mark while Hulk is stuck too near Hellboyish numbers. It's a fine line on what the public will like and accept and using green aliens from outer space would cross that line. 6' 5" "gods" featuring superpowers is one thing but for some reason, aliens carries a massive negative stereotype. People are crazy for Iron Man because there's an aura of plausibility that goes with its wonder. You don't lose that with a Norse god or a super soldier but you do when you inject green aliens from outer space. The Ultimates story straight up won't work and the goofy amalgam from the Ultimate Avengers animated movie won't work either. I seriously hope Marvel has something grander and more reality based up their sleeve.
see i have to disagree with you... i think TIH didnt get huge numbers like IM is because the public associated TIH with Hulk (which was terrible)... i mean Hulk made $62million its opening weekend while TIH made $55million on its opening... i think TIH didnt get what they wanted in box office numbers because Hulk left a bad taste in peoples mouths, not because of the sci fi aspect.....
and im sorry but IM really isnt realistic to me i mean for a comic book movie its great but there are too many aspects that make it unrealistic

The "realistic" debate is a bit silly on both sides... Rambo taking on an entire guerilla camp is unrealistic, the structural integrity of the Starship Enterprise is unrealistic. However... the notion that Rambo is a highly trained Green Beret, hardenned on the battle field of Viet Nam, who is fully aware of his enemies capabilities and numbers... allows us to suspend our disbelief that one guy can take on a small army. The futuristic nature of Star Trek and the over the top technology depicted therein, allows us to suspend our disbelief about the design of the Enterprise being able retain its form (most people who are not familiar with structural engineering would not even question it).

And that is what it is all about... Suspension of disbelief. Audiences are pretty sophisticated these days, and they want some way of accepting what is happenning on screen. This is why Zombie movies try to give some kind of psedo-scientific explanation as to why the zombies are rising (strange gas, or virus). It is why they film movies on location, rather than with cardboard sets. To add authenticity, and plausibility when needed (sets shots are used all the time of course, but so are locations, when the situation calls for it).

Now, aliens can be made plausible in a movie about aliens... Super beings can be plausible in a movie about super beings... however, I think it is a legitimate concern that too many genres, too fast, can weaken the movie's ability to suspend disbelief in its viewers. Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor, Avengers, etc... has to build a strong track record before addtitional Sci-Fi elements like Aliens, Time Travel, Ray Guns, Light Speed, etc should be introduced. Baby steps... I agreed that Thor poses a unique challenge, but I think they will fold it all together nicely. I just don't want to see it over done to quickly.

Last edited:
By the time they get to Avengers 3/4 they will have introduced enough characters with extra-ordinary powers and expanded the universe to such an extent to smoothly introduce the Kree-Skrulls or Kang or any of those sci-fi concepts. The Marvel movie universe as it stands now is too small to include a massive alien war. Plus it's an origin movie, so I am thinking the government would want to put together a superhero strike force with more logical reasons in mind... a very terrestrial-type threat.

I'm sure they will. What else will Marvel do for tentpoles? Flops can happen but think Marvel won't screw up the first movie enough to derail the franchise.

I say bring one villain from each heroes separate rogue gallery. So have Loki, Red Skull, Abomination, and possibly Mandarin. So you have a team which is based around SHIELD and have the other team based around the assemble of villains.

I say bring one villain from each heroes separate rogue gallery. So have Loki, Red Skull, Abomination, and possibly Mandarin. So you have a team which is based around SHIELD and have the other team based around the assemble of villains.

^
Exactly.

Terrible idea. Council of solo villains is meh. I don't mind if you take one or two guys from each Rouge gallery, but I don't want a one villain for every hero team consisting of Avenger's arch rivals. About as unimaginative as you can get. Maybe Loki/Skull tops. They'd be better off mostly using villains we have never seen before.

Last edited:
Can't they show Stark creating a device that opens portals to other worlds where we see Loki comes out to rule the Earth,cause he can't rule his own.But Thor comes out and the team Avengers goes up against Loki.

So Loki plans on destroying the portal machine,but after he goes back home,leaving Thor on Earth.Loki uses his powers to make Hulk turn against the Avengers while Loki can escape back to his home world.

Last edited:

Then everybody will complain that there were too many characters, and half of them didn't get enough screen time and/or development. That seems to be one of the biggest complaints about X-Men 3, anyway.

You can make the argument that all or most of those characters will already be developed and ready for use because they starred in the solo movies (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk), but that wouldn't work, either, because you can't guarantee that everyone will see all the solo movies before seeing the Avengers movie. You can assume people will see the solo movies first, but some people won't because they are unfamiliar with comics and can't see the relation, or they're too stupid to realize that movies don't have to have identical titles in order to be related to each other.

With that being said, I'd go with a single villain, one with lots and lots of mindless minions so it won't be five (or whatever) against one. I think I would go with somebody like Ultron, because he's easy to introduce, he's realistic enough, he can make his own army, and he can cause a lot of trouble.

yeah...the public certainly wouldn't accept aliens or anything dealing with outerspace in a fantasy/comicbook film. Everyone knows that Norse gods are realistic and that aliens aren't :whatever:

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying. All of this is moot when you consider the fact that the worlds most recognizable Superhero is a f**king Alien. When you're talking about Superheroes, all that stuff goes in. Sc-Fi, Fantasy, that pseudo realism bulls**t, it's all there. To sit here, and say that a 6'5" God of Thunder is believable, but an alien invasion isn't....well, that's just stupid. None of it's believable. From Ancient Norse God's on down to rich dudes in robot suits. This whole argument is like in some movie about Vampires where some dude has just spent the last 10 years of his life fighting vampires, then has a hard time believing that there is such a thing as werewolves. I mean, you say "Oh, please, there's no such thing as Werewolves!", but you have a necklace made from vampire fangs. Are you kidding me?!?

Now, I wouldn't start with a Skrull Invasion, but if they went that way, I wouldn't be against it. The threat has to be so big that one hero can't handle it alone. And an invasion by an advanced shape shifting alien race is such a threat. As is a mystically controlled, Rampaging Hulk. Or an artificial intelligence hell bent on destroying all organic life. This is the type of s**t the Avengers were made for.

Now, that said, no masters of evil or grouping of villains from the solo films for the first one. The Masters should be a response to the Avengers. Not the other way around. Which means you gotta do something else first. Also, a bunch of villains from the solo films teaming up is stupid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"