The Avengers What villain do you want in the Avengers movie?

When I think Masters of Evil I think Baron Zemo, couple of other notables, and mostly a few other thugs and scrubs to round out the roster. So does anyone really want that for the first film? I don't. I still think it can be a small team of villains though without resorting to a global alien invasion. I don't consider Red Skull/Loki/Leader as Masters of Evil, but one or two of those guys in tandem with HYDRA or something like that is a more than ample threat... potentially. I don't want all three of those guys teaming along with another Iron Man villain (like Hammer) because then it gets rather too coincidental and you lose plausibility.

If they're gonna do a Masters of Evil, then I think they should just use unused characters. Zemo, Goliath, Moonstone, Radioactive Man, maybe Absorbing Man or Beetle. But like I said, not good to start with.

And Hydra? nah. Save them for, I don't know, a Nick Fury film or Cap II.

Well, Hydra is the perfect antithesis for the SHIELD. I know another Nick Fury or SHIELD movie is rumored to follow Avengers, but I still think they can be an Avengers threat when paired with the right villain(s). If it's Skrulls it's Skrulls, but I am hoping it won't be.

Red Skull (Thomas Kretschmann)+Crossbones (Jason Statham?, or do we need an actual actor)

Why would the Skrulls be considered? I simply don't see that happening... not with what has already been established with TIH and IM; and what we think we know with IM2, Thor, and CA.

Yeah Marvel own the rights to the Skrulls. It was said by someone at the Iron Man 2 Comic Con panel.

I'd like to see the Leader and some aliens. Not Loki as we're getting him in Thor. If Thor can take him I'm sure he'd be no problem for the entire Avengers.

I actually think the Hulk is going to be the villian. I recall in the Incredible Hulk the scene when Tony Stark is talking to General Ross. The gist of their conversation is putting a team together to defeat the Hulk.

I would like to see Ultron however. He would be an awesome foe. The problem with this however is trying to fit his story line into one movie. Didn't Pym create Ultron and aren't there many Ultrons?

^ I do too; and yes, Pym created Ultron, which I think would be good for the Sequel.

It would probably be best to go with someone who the most characters have some sort of connection to, though that's a bit hard to say at this point since we've only established a few of the Avengers

But an example would be something like Red Skull stealing some kind of super-weapon designed by Tony Stark's father in World War II from Gen. Ross.

Or they could just do the HULK.

kang in this one. everyone knows, how good itdoes or not, that there will be a sequel.

Loki and Ultron
We see Hank developiing a new robot that he just can't seem to get to the next level of advancement. Loki, seeing this uses his magic to bring Ultron to life in efforts to get to Thor

Loki (instigating a Hulk fight at the beginning, then being the Big Bad at the end). Pym should be working on Ultron, as prelude to having him as the villain for the sequel.

the reason i think it should be more than 1 villain, is to display all of the powers and abilities of the avengers...and the fact that there are few that could stand up to hulk or thor, let alone both of them

From a pragmatic standpoint, The Leader controlling the Hulk (in addition to doing other bad things) makes the most sense. Red Skull will probably be wrapped up in Captain America. Loki can be wrapped up in Thor. Mandarin can be reasonably put off to Iron Man 3, which can happen after The Avengers. But The Incredible Hulk 2 probably isn't going to happen, and it would be a huge injustice to to leave hanging that blatant storyline set-up from TIH. Plus, if we are to believe that The Leader is as smart as the Hulk is strong, he should absolutely be a match for The Avengers, especially if he's controlling the Hulk.

I think we will be seeing a mash-up of Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2.

What we know is that there could be a very high chance of the Hulk being a villain, as Banner found a way to control it at the end of 'The Incredible Hulk' and how Stark went to the bar to speak to General Ross about the "team".

And we also know that Tom Hiddleston has been signed on for 'Thor' and 'The Avengers', as well as Tim Roth being signed on for three more films after the release of 'TIH':

Tim Roth, who played Emil Blonsky/The Abomination in last year's The Incredible Hulk, confirmed that Marvel has made overtures to him about reprising the role in future movies, possibly including the upcoming Avengers film.

"They have, but in a very different way," Roth said in a group interview at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Thursday in Pasadena, Calif., where he was promoting his Fox series Lie to Me. "I don't want to get into it, but they signed me up for three [films]."

Could that include two more Hulks, one Avengers and one Hulk or just two Avengers?

"It could be anything," Roth said in response.

I could very well see the beginning part of the film be the united Avengers searching for Hulk, as I assume that Fury is actually trying to get the Super-Soldier program back up and running, for future battles(maybe an impending alien attack for a sequel or just as a hint), and once they finally bring a stable Hulk back, we get a version of the Liberators, lead by Loki, with The Abomination, and whoever else they decide to bring in(my money is for Red Skull if he's used in 'Captain America' and possibly Justin Hammer from 'Iron Man 2' as I think Whiplash will end up dying in 'IM2').

And for a sequel, I think we should get an Ant-Man film before 'Avengers 2' so we can get in Pym, who then builds Ultron.

And I would also like a Ultron and Mandarin team-up, with possibly Loki again, as a Masters of Evil for 'Avengers 2'.

There could be so many possibilities though; hopefully no one screws this up.

And also, ThatDamnNinja, I think we will be seeing an 'Incredible Hulk 2' just because we all think Norton is not coming back, but he never really said he wasn't. I just wouldn't be surprised if the next film is in five or six years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"