The Avengers What villain do you want in the Avengers movie?

however, I'm beginning to be a little partial toward that link that describe how Ulton would work as a villain as well.

I just re-read this, and there are some good ideas in there... but I would prefer them for A2. An idea that I posted earlier on this thread, is that we see Loki at the end of Avengers, having observed that Thor is linked up with this new super team. He begins to plot on how to use this new situation.

In the Avengers, there can be a small scene that shows Hank working on as his idea for the ultimate AI, humanoid analog. He is developing the software and the body. Then in A2, we can see him progressing on the design. Loki disquised as Wasp or some other means to get into the confines for Pym's lab, manipulates Pym by using mind control to aggravate Pym's sensitive ego, jealousy, and depressive nature as to implant all the negative thoughts and emotions, just as Pym is trying to use his thought waves as the template for Ultron's AI. This, of course, turns Ultron utterly maniacal. Loki then enchants Ultron to make his armor (perhaps composed of metal that incorporates the Pym Particles already, thus is very resistant to damage) nearly indistructable and self mending.

Then when Pym turns Ultron on, whammo... you have your movie.

We have Pym's shrinking as the only means to stop Ultron, we have a small army of robot fodder for the team to smash through, we could have another Loki scheme that also turns the Hulk nutso in the middle of everything (if that didn't happen yet in the other film)...

Last edited:
Presuming that Ivan Vanko dies at the the end of IM2, I think it would be a nice nod to the comics if they used the Masters of Evil to have Boris Turgenev adopt the Whiplash identity.

The only thing I have to say about loki is that if thor defeats him in his own movie, why do we need the avengers to fight him if he can be taken down single handedly by thor. Now if loki teamed up with another villian (redskull, mandarin,abomination,the leader and a pack of gamma mutated freaks,ultron,baron von structor, baron, zemo.)

Personally I'd like to see red skull, baron zemo, and ultron with maybe some ultron minions. Or I'd like see some form of HYDRA, as an opposing threat towards shield.

Simple, Give Loki a really good plan.

Im partial to a story with Pym creating Ultron and then ultron turning on him, somewhere in there ultron creates the Vision as his super soldier, so the avengers unite and have their first mission together. but like in the ultimate avengers cartoon, the hulk is caged cos hes too dangerous, but they need him in the end to stop ultron. but the Hulk goes mental and they need Thor, who hitherto wouldnt help. Thor joins in, and stops hulk. Vision is captured and reprogrammed to be a member of the team.

for A2 id love to see the skrulls invading and the Black Panther and Wakanda getting involved, expanding the team for an international battle.

The only thing I have to say about loki is that if thor defeats him in his own movie, why do we need the avengers to fight him if he can be taken down single handedly by thor.

I know its to early, but somehow I think Thor will not defeat Loki in his own film; allowing Loki possible carry over to the Avengers film involving Hulk. Hulk may be the teams first concern as they learn to put aside egos and work together as a team. I'm thinking it may not be apparent that Loki is in the film, until we discover that he is the mastermind behind Hulk's rampage. That's just how I see it for now.

Im partial to a story with Pym creating Ultron and then ultron turning on him, somewhere in there ultron creates the Vision as his super soldier, so the avengers unite. Vision is captured and reprogrammed to be a member of the team.
I actually seeing this playing out in the Avengers Sequel, as a continuation from the AntMan film... if they are still planning to do it. I remember reading on another site that Ultron would be Pym's villain and he was suppose to carry over to an Avengers film. Personally, I would prefer Ulton and possibly Vision(like your idea) be the villains in a sequel; once the team learn to work together while deciding to accept Pym as a member. I don't see at the moment, Marvel doing more than two Avengers films; so that would be a go way to end it or set it up for a possible third.

I just re-read this, and there are some good ideas in there... but I would prefer them for A2. An idea that I posted earlier on this thread, is that we see Loki at the end of Avengers, having observed that Thor is linked up with this new super team. He begins to plot on how to use this new situation.

In the Avengers, there can be a small scene that shows Hank working on as his idea for the ultimate AI, humanoid analog. He is developing the software and the body. Then in A2, we can see him progressing on the design. Loki disquised as Wasp or some other means to get into the confines for Pym's lab, manipulates Pym by using mind control to aggravate Pym's sensitive ego, jealousy, and depressive nature as to implant all the negative thoughts and emotions, just as Pym is trying to use his thought waves as the template for Ultron's AI. This, of course, turns Ultron utterly maniacal. Loki then enchants Ultron to make his armor (perhaps composed of metal that incorporates the Pym Particles already, thus is very resistant to damage) nearly indistructable and self mending.

Then when Pym turns Ultron on, whammo... you have your movie.

We have Pym's shrinking as the only means to stop Ultron, we have a small army of robot fodder for the team to smash through, we could have another Loki scheme that also turns the Hulk nutso in the middle of everything (if that didn't happen yet in the other film)...
Those are not bad ideas; and like you, I would prefer to see Ultron in the sequel. I obviously would take a different approach than you and your idea any many ways are somewhat similiar to my own; but, those are some very good ideas. I just think some of the things you presented could work in an AntMan film first; than spill over to the Avengers.

I have a feeling each Marvel movie will set up the villain to the Avengers movie. So, what if each movie is an origin tale for each villain showing up in The Avengers. Its not like in IM2 and Thor the good guy has to win. The bad guy could fly or escape and then in the next film a cameo of the previous film shows up and it just builds to The Avengers.

I am thinking Leader and/or Loki will definitely be involved. A Cap villain, hopefully someone other than Skull. I am also thinking another armored villain will be setup in IM2 to appear in Avengers. Possibly the return of Abomination as well.

I have a feeling each Marvel movie will set up the villain to the Avengers movie. So, what if each movie is an origin tale for each villain showing up in The Avengers. Its not like in IM2 and Thor the good guy has to win. The bad guy could fly or escape and then in the next film a cameo of the previous film shows up and it just builds to The Avengers.

I'm liking this idea, although I'm not sure how practical it would be to have these villians in a combined Avengers theme. And this might be dangerously close to the X-men storyline.

I'd love to see the leader and abomy team up, with loki and enchantress. And throw in a little red skull and baron zemo.
But in reality, I'd like skull, zemo, hydra, the leader(along with a few petty mutated goons), and loki.

I'd like loki to team up w/ another villain, or possibly hulk. only because the only reason I can think of for thor teaming up w/ humans is to stop loki, so he needs to be the main villain. but also he needs to be teemed w/ some1 else who's really strong so thor wouldn't be able to take him/them out by him self. and right now the only major avenger characters i can think of that are powerful enough to challenge thor or the hulk, ultron and the manderin.

another idea would be some major villain using abom to do the dirty work for them and the hulk would get framed for it. (maybe loki casts a spell on abom that temporarily makes him look like the hulk?)

edit- so i guess right now the villains i'd want to see most would be a loki abom team up. cuz that way the story could not only give us a hulk vs avengers fight near the beginning/middle, but there would also be a pretty decent sized threat to the avengers once the hulk joins the team.

Last edited:
If Loki returns as the main villain it may kind of rehash Thor if the synopsis is accurate that Loki invades Earth and Thor becomes a hero on Earth by defending the planet. They shouldn't repeat a variation of that.

That's why I'm wary of loki as the main villain, I'd like to see another huge organization like aim or hydra go up against shield.
This is a particularly delicate situation

If Ultron is the villain I defiantly don't wanna hear this line in the movie.

"Where's the laser?!"

"Ask the police!"

Those are not bad ideas; and like you, I would prefer to see Ultron in the sequel. I obviously would take a different approach than you and your idea any many ways are somewhat similiar to my own; but, those are some very good ideas. I just think some of the things you presented could work in an AntMan film first; than spill over to the Avengers.

Dealing with some of these details in an Antman solo film would be great. I listed my story arc based on the premise that there won't be an Antman movie. But if there were... then I agree with you... move a bunch of the story-line to his film, for a carry-over into A2.

If Loki returns as the main villain it may kind of rehash Thor if the synopsis is accurate that Loki invades Earth and Thor becomes a hero on Earth by defending the planet. They shouldn't repeat a variation of that.

I agree... I think it would be a great use of Loki, if we learn that he has become a back-ground player... a puppeteer, for a lot of the films to come. He can be manipulating events, and causing all kinds of trouble with his plotting.

Last edited:
Ultron all the way.

Add a bit of red dye... and peel back the lips ala Karl Kroenen in Hellboy:

john-stevenson-will-direct-masters-of-the-universe-00-400-75.jpg

I am thinking Leader and/or Loki will definitely be involved. A Cap villain, hopefully someone other than Skull. I am also thinking another armored villain will be setup in IM2 to appear in Avengers. Possibly the return of Abomination as well.
I understand what you are proposing, but I just don't see the need to continue the teams "solo villain" cumulating in the Avengers film.

If Loki returns as you suggested in another post, to invade Earth; that alone is enough reason for the team to form. One does not need the other villains. The same can be said for Ultron. I don't see Marvel wasting an Avengers film on a bunch of returning villains, that has nothing in common with one another; yet alone would work as a team or take orders from each other.

However, given what has been set up thus far, I still get the impression the teams main concern will be Hulk, with an underlining villain.

Giant-Man and Wasp aren't in it, so, we can rule out Ultron.

Being that Hiddleton will be working on Thor only a year before Avengers, I am not expecting Marvel to ask him to reprise his role a year later. I get that with Cap/Thor the actors have no choice, but I am sure Hiddleton would like to try other endevours to sort of diversify himself and get his name out there before jumping right back into a character he played a year earlier. Leader is more likely than Loki. So I am thinking they will pair Leader with a terror group, led by Zemo, Strucker, and/or Skull. You can definitely fit Abom and an armored villain that we haven't seen before as well. None of the villains have to be rehashs that come together and say, "Time to team up and destroy the planet.... mmmmmmuuuuuuuuhahahahhahahahahaha".

Being that Hiddleton will be working on Thor only a year before Avengers, I am not expecting Marvel to ask him to reprise his role a year later. I get that with Cap/Thor the actors have no choice, but I am sure Hiddleton would like to try other endevours to sort of diversify himself and get his name out there before jumping right back into a character he played a year earlier. Leader is more likely than Loki. So I am thinking they will pair Leader with a terror group, led by Zemo, Strucker, and/or Skull. You can definitely fit Abom and an armored villain that we haven't seen before as well. None of the villains have to be rehashs that come together and say, "Time to team up and destroy the planet.... mmmmmmuuuuuuuuhahahahhahahahahaha".

Hiddleton Is signed for multiFranchises.That pretty much means Loki will be
In The Avengers.That Is the best logicil place for Loki besides Thor and Thor
Sequels.

Based on what has been said recently I think we can expect The Avengers eather up against a Loki Manuilpted Hulk or a Loki Manuipled Hulk In the first half and a Skrull group the second half.

Hiddleton Is signed for multiFranchises.That pretty much means Loki will be
In The Avengers.That Is the best logicil place for Loki besides Thor and Thor
Sequels.

Based on what has been said recently I think we can expect The Avengers eather up against a Loki Manuilpted Hulk or a Loki Manuipled Hulk In the first half and a Skrull group the second half.

No it doesn't. They can use him for Avengers sequels. Not everything has to follow the classic comics, and Ultimates appears to be a bigger inspiration anyhow. Hulk can be manipulated by other things, or he doesn't even have to be coerced into fighting for a villain. He can just be a part of a mission the Avengers are tasked with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"