Should Mark Ruffalo play Hulk in Hulk 2?

So 2017/2018 at the absolute earliest. Bummer.

After finally seeing The Avengers and rewatching TIH recently, I would love a Hulk movie with Ruffalo. I still like Norton's Banner, but I like Ruffalo too.

I am not familiar with Hulk in the comics, but I don't want to see him on another planet. I want a good earth based story and I want Betty Ross to be in it.

I am not familiar with Hulk in the comics, but I don't want to see him on another planet. I want a good earth based story and I want Betty Ross to be in it.

I think that's true for the mainstream audience too.

I agree. Most people don't want to see galactic sci-fi when they think 'Hulk'. Most of the time I don't either.

I still think people are overly harsh on both Hulk films, which were both decent and earned a respectable (if not great) amount of money.

I think a balance could be found between the styles of Lee and Leterrier, albeit with a better script. Betty Ross, Ruffalo's Banner, Sam Ross, The Leader or Red Hulk. A bit of pathos with a lot of smashing. Sign me up.

Its been less than a week since Feige said "not til after Avengers 2." Give it time. :)

Basically you need to get out of that whole artsy direction thing. I know Letterier isn't artsy but he's in that whole Luc Besson protege scape. Maybe someone that can, for lack of a better word, allow Hulk to cut loose and not focus on his daddy issues.

Where are you getting that?
Well, if Feige said that we probably won't get another Hulk film until after The Avengers 2, and that film is slated for a 2015 release, then I imagine 2017/18 would be the earliest we see it.

As much as I want another Hulk film, Black Panther and Doctor Strange will probably be Marvel's priority in Phase 3.

Well, if Feige said that we probably won't get another Hulk film until after The Avengers 2, and that film is slated for a 2015 release, then I imagine 2017/18 would be the earliest we see it.

As much as I want another Hulk film, Black Panther and Doctor Strange will probably be Marvel's priority in Phase 3.

Why wouldn't they just do it in 2016? I think right now they're trying to figure out how to do Hulk in a cost effective manner for his own film, and find the right release date for him.

We knew it wasn't happening in Phase 2.

If it's really going to be that long before we see another one then they may as well just scrap the idea and keep him in the Avengers.

If it's really going to be that long before we see another one then they may as well just scrap the idea and keep him in the Avengers.

Why? Ruffalo has a 6 film contract. I think those 3 non-Avengers films have massive potential, not just in a traditional Hulk solo film (vs. The Leader, Red Hulk etc) but also in a possible Defenders film, or a Planet Hulk film.

If anything, they might be saving Hulk solo for a post Avengers run since they need a guaranteed star after the Avengers franchise ends.

Also bear in mind, if Marvel films keep making money, and especially if they receive a general post-Avengers bump in revenue? Marvel/Disney will likely move to a three a year model.

Why? Ruffalo has a 6 film contract. I think those 3 non-Avengers films have massive potential, not just in a traditional Hulk solo film (vs. The Leader, Red Hulk etc) but also in a possible Defenders film, or a Planet Hulk film.

If anything, they might be saving Hulk solo for a post Avengers run since they need a guaranteed star after the Avengers franchise ends.

By the time the Avengers franchise ends though, there might be several guaranteed stars so they wouldn't necessarily need to rely on the Hulk. No-one would've thought Iron Man would've been the biggest star of the franchise years ago. Who knows what could happen with Black Panther, Dr Strange or anyone else - even Ant-Man.

I am totally cool with seeing the Hulk being Avengers-centric for now. But, I think Ruffalo did an admirable job in the MoCap for Hulk. I can only assume he'd get better the next time around and I hope they make the movements more humanoid and less gorilla like (though this is an extremely miniscule issue) with ruffalo in the role in hulk 2, at some point.

Why did Hulk's solo fiilms not do as well at the box office. I mean, both films did make a lot of money, but nowhere near as much as Iron man did. What's up with that?

The Ang Lee Hulk put some of its stink on The Incredible Hulk movie.

But his Avengers appearance stole the show! That movie put the shine back on our Green Goliath. I think a new Hulk movie is definitely called for!

Banner drove off with Stark at the end of Avengers......you think we might see a bit of Hulk in Ironman 3??

I think they said iron man 3 will be an iron man only story, so probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"